It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Space Program From Kazakhstan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The Ishim project being implemented on orders from the government of Kazakhstan involves Russia's Aircraft Corporation MiG, which develops a mother plane, and the Moscow Institute of Heat Engineering, which undertakes to develop a space rocket.

Apparently the MiGs in question are converted MiG 31 Foxhounds. Very high speed, very high altitude. I really wonder if this will work. The idea has been around since the 50's but as far as I know it hasn't been attempted with success...Yet. Will it work?

Full Article

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Looks like the Pegasus system isn't the only game in town anymore. This type of launch system does have limitations but does promise lower costs and higher reliability than some other less flexible systems. The "M" Group will succeed and I have little doubt it will be like 20 cents on the dollar compared to the Pegasus system. Looks like a winner!

Thanks Darkpr0!

Victor K.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
that is great news for Kazakhstan and its Space Program. The Soviets(and ex-soviets always seem to be so practical in their approach to space travel, hopefully it works as well as they say it will.

The more countries and companies that invest in space, the better!

Now if Kazakhstan could only find a few good cosmonauts.

Who knows maybe this guy?

www.telegraf.by...

join