It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's National Post retracts report that Iranian Jews will be forced to wear yellow patches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

For a few hours on Friday, many around the world were ready to believe a report in the media that Iran had decided that Jews living there would be forced to wear a yellow strip of material on their clothing to denote their religion.

Leaders of international Jewish organizations were quick to respond, and likened the decision to the Nuremberg Laws of Nazi Germany.

Yesterday, after it emerged that the report had been false, the affair of "the yellow patch that wasn't" left us with one lesson: The world is ready to believe anything when it comes to a country ruled by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

More at source

I think this hoax can now be put to rest.

The other threads where the titles quote disinformation should be closed.

And the one on the News Site should be deleted. Credibility is at stake here.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thank you for attempting to "straighten the record" as others have done (Gools got your ears on?).

Now I don't read the Post but would be interested in reading such a retraction so I went looking... I kept winding up at canada.com (another Asper catch-all media asset that in Canada advertises on ATS through GoogleAds) where no such retraction is available. I may have missed it.

If another ATS'er has a link to the actual retraction Malichai has spoken of or any other data on this please post or u2u me. I am not interested in reports of a retraction, I am actually interested in the actual retraction document to use when "talking" to the CRTC and the Guild.

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here is the ATSNN thread (with new title): Iranian Law May Require Non-Muslims to Wear Badges (Source Retracted)

The OTC thread on th eoriginal story: Iran eyes badges for all Non Muslims

And another OTC thread: Who is Behind the Iranian Coloured Badges Psy-Op Story?

Closed.

new topics

join