It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1. You think it would be better if Saddam was put back into power
2. You think that George Bush is assassinating all the teachers and people capable of teaching in Iraq.
A little known aspect of the tragedy engulfing Iraq is the systematic liquidation of the country's academics. Even according to conservative estimates, over 250 educators have been assassinated, and many hundreds more have disappeared. With thousands fleeing the country in fear for their lives, not only is Iraq undergoing a major brain drain, the secular middle class - which has refused to be co-opted by the US occupation - is being decimated, with far-reaching consequences for the future of Iraq...According to the United Nations University, some 84 per cent of Iraq's institutions of higher education have already been burnt, looted or destroyed. Iraq's educational system used to be among the best in the region; one of the country's most important assets was its well-educated people.
3. You think that George Bush is somehow related to Nazi atrocities at Krakow because you have been there.
4. You think that the US military is a brutal occupation force.
5. You think that George Bush is responsible for the criminals kidnapping and mutilating little girls in Iraq and then putting them in dumpsters.
6. You think the US has death squads to make a 'ethnically pure' Iraq because Robert Fisk said so and you think after all hes a great guy because he met osama ben ladden TWICE!!
7. You think that George Bush isn't a jerk but he is a war criminal.
8. You think every American has had fear instilled in them so that they will support a "brutal invasion force" made up of those same Americans...
9. You think Americans are ethnic cleansing to start a civil war so they can set back and relax.
10. You think that history will judge George Bush as a Hitler and his supporters as Nazi party members..
How about the school reported in the news not so long ago, that was taken over by the insurgents? The Army had no choice but to level the building. This would not have happened if the insurgents hadn't been there.
Remember how about the british used tanks to break into that jail in Basra?
Or how about the fact that the US military occupies HOSPITALS and shoots at ambulances...
I should remind you that the US and Coalition are not respecting Iraqi institutions such as Jails and Hospitals...
And as for War crimes? How about the innocent aid workers who had their heads hacked off? How about the thousands killed under Saddam? Whos guilty of that? The US? The British?
Yes the British used a tank to break into the jail. Why? To get out two British soldiers who were there. At least they got to keep their heads. Others have not been so fortunate.
They occupy them to protect and treat the casualties that are coming in daily.
And i should remind you how the insurgents attack innocent people and bomb places of worship with the aid of brain washed suicide bombers? Is that respect?
Originally posted by metallicabrainz
This wouldn't have happened if the insurgents hadn't been there... well, what's the logic behind that? There wouldn't be any 'insurgents' if the US hadn't invaded in the first place!
The army had no choice? How about, they could leave the country that they have no right to be in. But thats right, no-one contemplates that possibility...