It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Bill To Draft ALL America's Young People Pending

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I doubt this could EVER pass. The nation already saw what happened during Vietnam. The Dissent would be even greater now in our always connected society.
I also agree that voluntary recruits are dropping. I have an employee (19 years old) who was talking of joining the service about a year ago and now his response is,
"Hell no! Why would I want to go get shot at over this crap?".
Can't say I blame him. If the threat comes to our shores I'll be more than willing to fight. I'm too old to enlist but that's what militias are for
. There is really no way to win a war against angry people.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If this passes I wonder if they will drop the drinking age back to 18? Sucks for me because by the time it passes I will be 21.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It amazes me that some people just go off half cocked about this. I say again, READ THE FULL TEXT! One guy even starts to blame Bush for this legislation when it's a democratic rep, Rangle from NY, who has proposed it. The Bush administration has nothing to do with it. It is a ploy by Rangle to ensure no draft legislation ever passes. They put forward the most ridiculous bill possible so that it will never be signed.

Compulsory service does not work, period. As a 19 year (and counting) veteran of the military, I can tell you that we have a hard enough time with some of the VOLUNTEERS making the grade...why would we want a bunch of malcontents running around slacking off, causing trouble, and generally gumming up the works!? And to the "individual" who says there a bunch of idiots running the Armed Forces...lets see you do better. I guarantee you could not.

<< 1   >>

join