It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Meaning of The Square and Compass

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Cool e2012 - you get it!

Have you seen my old ATS Avatar?:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
yes i have its the tree of life...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is a nice thread and I hope not to detract from it with a sideways comment but there was a time, a long time ago, when humanity was still roaming the forests and the planes in semi-feral state. The notion of sex equals regeneration had still not been fully understood.

Originally Man did not understand,confused by the nine months gestation period in the female womb, that his very own heir was going to be born.
Misteries then belonged to Woman; men believed women were impregnated by the wind: like a cloth/sail is made bigger by the blow of the wind.

It was not untill they began to pen and herd animals like horses and cattle that they observed and meditated the details of what a horse did to a mare and what a bull did to a cow.
When they finally twigged they began to worship the potency of the bull and the horse : the Primum Mobile and the patriarchy were born.

This very early epiphany begat the first Mysteries and from then on the sexual act has always been sacred and hidden by symbols.

What I find awesome and beautyful is the variety,the subtlety, the ingenium and the poetry expressed in the Symbols and the Misteries.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
eudaimonia and this thread pure comedy...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The compass in square has also been said to represent a star of david.

just draw horizontal lines to make two triangles.

This might be because the masons built the first temple, the star of david in some estoric societies represents descending into the physical (down pointing triangle), and spiritual ascension (up pointing triangle).

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Personally...

an alternative name for compasses is "dividers", and a square might also be known as a "rule"...

therefore "Divide and Rule".

I had a t-shirt with the symbol superimposed on the globe, plus the words "divide and rule" - it used to really offend Masons, which I rather liked at the time. I've grown up a bit since then... and I STILL like it. Childish, perhaps, but satisfying too.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm not a Masonic buff or whatever, but it looks to me like the rule and compass represent planning of everything and the G stands for god. So, it means God planned everything. But supposedly every Masonic symbol has 12.3428 layers and each one is eviler.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_DARK_KNIGHT
I'm not a Masonic buff or whatever, but it looks to me like the rule and compass represent planning of everything and the G stands for god. So, it means God planned everything. But supposedly every Masonic symbol has 12.3428 layers and each one is eviler.

Actually the "G" (which, by the way is NOT universally used in the Masonic emblem, just ask some of the European Brethren on the list) stands for "Geometry"

Don't know about those 12.3428 layers to which you refer, though. Must be some super-duper high Masonic secret us poor rank-and-file brainwashed members aren't privy to.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Just because a thing is tradition, doesn't make it factual.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
I've pretty much provided here undeniable proof that the Freemasonic symbol of Square and Compass is very much indeed a sexual act. The Letter G obviously means "Generative" or Procreation. Remember what Pike said, "As the procreative and generative agents, the Heavens and the Sun have always been regarded as male; as the generators that fructify the Earth and cause it to produce." and.. "The Compass, therefore, is the Hermetic Symbol of the Creative Deity, and the Square of the productive Earth or Universe.

On a seperate note, I went to the Grand Lodge in NY the other day for a tour and the man who showed us around didn't really have a straight answer to the question of what the letter G stood for, all I got was God or Geometry. I guess they're not really taught the true nature of what the Square and Compass and the letter G really means. Or maybe they're told not to say anything about it fearing they might lose new members.

First off, you must know that Morals and Dogma is meant for only the Scottish Rite not the other Rites or the main body (Blue Lodge). The 'G' is not for generative. You learn what the G means in the Blue Lodge and it can also have many meanings to the individual member. You were given a straight answer, just not the one you wanted to hear. It was a nice cut and paste and taking quotes out of context.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join