It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who runs the show at area 51?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Does anyone of you know who the person is that runs the show at area 51? I guess its some person in the military. I mean he must know everything that goes on at area 51. And how much money do you think he makes?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
When my father retired from USAF Special Ops - he was offered a job there.

I asked him why he turned it down and he pasued for a moment before stating: "It's not something I want to be a part of."

He declines to comment further and I'm not going to push the issue.

But if what I grasp from my father's comment - whatever the guy who IS running the show there makes isn't worth it in the long run.

Please remember - that's just speculation, not fact.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The Secretary of Defence (Rumsfield atm) is the highest authority who runs it as far as I know.

But just like any military installation, there probably is a base commander of some sort, most undoubtably a high up military official, probably AF/Naval AF background, a lot of experience & lifetime with the US Armed Forces.

Why, what difference does it make?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak

Ever heard of curiosity?

d1k

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyrotechnocracy23
When my father retired from USAF Special Ops - he was offered a job there.

I asked him why he turned it down and he pasued for a moment before stating: "It's not something I want to be a part of."

He declines to comment further and I'm not going to push the issue.

Damn dude, I would have pushed the issue to the point that I would have drove him mad until he told me.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Originally posted by Manincloak

Ever heard of curiosity?

Didn't think this was so interesting

Whats inside it on the other hand,

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well, I think whats inside is also intresting. But I guess that the base commander would know what is inside. Therfor its intresting.

And I dont think D. Rumsfeld know so much more about a51 then u and me.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think dreamland resort had a list of base commanders but left off the current one even though they knew who he was, just because of all the stuff that would come his way if his name got into public circulation.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweeeedberg100
Does anyone of you know who the person is that runs the show at area 51?

I would imagin that the identity of the current base commander is classified. It's most likely someone from the Air Force Materials Command. After all, it's Det 3 of the Air Force Flight Test Center that officially runs the base. I don't know, but I would guess that it might either be a Colonel or a General because of the Air Force's "Top Heavy" command stracture.

I guess its some person in the military. I mean he must know everything that goes on at area 51. And how much money do you think he makes?

Of course! Even when the CIA first built the base in the 1950's to test the U-2 it was a high ranking military officer who was the base commander. As for your assumption that the base commander knows eveything, I have one thing to say: NOT EVEN CLOSE! A fun little policy called NEED TO KNOW ONLY, has seen to that! No single person knows all of the secrets of Groom Lake. That was done intentionally so that no individual can compromize everything if they turn into a Traitor. That is the basic policy that governs eveything in the world of Black Programs.

Tim

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Oops there is a lot of organization to cover.
Probably not the usual government - industry operation.
Well a well run one, if that can be achieved.

Ok one instance written up in in a book.
An Aurora craft had crashed and a cia truck is spotted with
a tarp covering items in a flat bed.

In a scrap yard the burnt items are inspected as high voltage items,
some with the vac written on the item.

The author must have said too much but the owner told him not to
come around again. Real men in black telling you to back off.

The people in Roswell and nearby area in New Mexico pay no attention
to bright stars in one loacation for the entire evening. They have heard
the word not to ask and will not acknowledge the anomaly.

I often wonder if the planet Saturn is the planet, it looks like a big
light bulb at times.

No family day if thats a plus not allowed, why have your family walk around
engineering workplaces. Its not a bank covered with wood panels, or stone.
But its fun, one child always sees a name plate: A. Fink and everyone has
a laugh.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

That was done intentionally so that no individual can compromize everything if they turn into a Traitor. That is the basic policy that governs eveything in the world of Black Programs.

One man developed the A bomb shaped charge trigger and told the Russians.
There was no Russian word for implosion.

A lot words and ideas have never been heard again since perhaps 1942 for
instance. If we bring them back what will happen.

Funding is not available for good ideas.
The Jimi Carter Energy Program got nowhere and Star Wars was the same old ideas. Carter rode around in submarines that might have had power plants far superior.

I might have worked on a black project or you as well because there are many
parts and many covers in any project. The Glomar Challenger was touted as
some exploration sea mining endevor but later given a tv documentary on
submarine salvage.

Oh, about those parts. Probably should not leave the area but as you said
you can't control everything.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweeeedberg100
Does anyone of you know who the person is that runs the show at area 51?

Sure do, I had an outstanding team of researchers, who dug in and made a solid foothold. Well, the quoted individual may still be in command, but odds are a new commander took over.

Colonel Robert J. Holbury, USAF, is named Commander of the Groom base.
A51/GLRP

I also found this, which can be used to say they have officially admitted the place exists. Which is a given if any one knows their history, as they should. Just wish I had a copy of the manual that was around. Should be a link in ATS somewhere.

The facility has been admitted to in reference of;

Presidents Clinton and George W. Bush have repeatedly invoked the RCRA Section 6961 (a) exemption at Nevada's Groom Lake range.
House.GOV

[edit on 24-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Sure do, I had an outstanding team of researchers, who dug in and made a solid foothold. Well, the quoted individual may still be in command, but odds are a new commander took over.

Colonel Robert J. Holbury, USAF, is named Commander of the Groom base.
A51/GLRP

Thanks ADVISOR,

I remember when my team dug that up!

Colonel Holbury was the origional base commander. However, I'm almost certine that he is now retired. He was assigned as commander in 1954, when the base was first being built. That was 50 years ago!

I took sweeeedberg100's question to mean the current active duity commander of the base. We don't know who the current commander is.

Tim

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Good times, hopefully renewed interest could resurrect that old project. If any thing becomes of it again, let me know. I'm always available for such, via u2u.

Also, before I temp forget again.

I was going to check out the average or traditional duration/s of AF command terms were. This would give an idea of how many possable people have been in place, and what number it is now.

Ok, also as a friend pointed out, if going by Star Gate variables. Carter is in command, and that would make it a "her" not a he.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
the station is civilian run, the top person is a civilian. there are military that work and are stationed there

[edit on 27-5-2006 by logreq]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Since when has any air force/CIA base been civilian run? I definately dont think that area 51 is. What is your source for that?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Groom Lake Research Facility at this time is neither a air force/CIA base

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Neither Area 51 nor Groom Lake is civilian run. What is your source for that information. The commanding officer is an Airforce General and is under Nellis control for all flight ops. Their are civilians in their employ as on every military base in and outside the U.S..

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
negative. what is the air force generals name

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The name is not made available to the public for obvious reasons but if you can read go to Dreamland Resort and youll be able to figure it out by reading the archives. They had a command change this year.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join