It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanx for postin that vid Rich. Much appreciated. Ive often thought of chavez not as the potus paints him, but as what ive read from outside news sources about him. and yes the free or near free heating oil offered to the northern states was an admirable notion if anything. Way more than our own are doing for the sick, starving, freezing people it controls. psst(chk into returning veterans rich, you will be appaled(sp?) at the lack of support our own poisoning(DU) has gotten them upon returning) Again good find, thanx for postin it.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
CIA maybe?

Mmmm, m a y be....
The George Bush Center for Intelligence.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think they're just white - it reflects the stratification of Venezuelan society, remarked upon in the movie.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I have to take on this Rightwingpatriot. First u put in your own uneducated opinion of the movie, and then claim that any media outside the u.s. is biased. Then go on to claim that the author of this thread is from a country that you "kicked ass in war" or "saved their asses in war" And all you can claim is that "great america" saved the world from the nazi's. Firstly did "you" go to europe to fight the nazi's? I will answer this for you NO. Secondly america did not join the war, untill pearl harbour was bombed. Americans did not enter WW2 for the betterment of the world, but for the betterment of America. So i despise how americans think that entering WW2 was a huge selfless act on america's behalf. Most american citizens in the day, DID NOT WANT TO GO TO WAR IN EUROPE. Then when the americans do join the war they march over british and french bodies, proclaiming they are the defenders of democracy. If you truely saved anyones ass america would of joined the war right after Germany invaded poland.

Now name one other instant that america have saved any other countries ass?
Yeah i will give it to the yanks they have blown the hell out of alot of countries, but that doesnt show how "courages" americans are, but that they had a strong industry to produce the bombs rather than courages soldiers, who saved the world.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You couldn't be more right. These are the things people need to see, know, and understand.

I voted you for WATS. ~smiling~

Originally posted by rich23
You can find a link to this movie here.

This movie was filmed by an Irish documentary team who were in the right place at exactly the right time.

They were making a documentary about Chavez when the US-inspired coup was mounted. For students of political conspiracies it is prime source material. The buildup to the coup is carefully recorded, as is the media distortion of the events surrounding it.

It leaves you in no doubt that the coup plotters used snipers to kill Chavez supporters (who were demonstrating peacefully): many of them died with clean head shots. When Chavez supporters fired back at the snipers, the opposition media edited the pictures to make it look as if the pro-Chavez faction were shooting at opposition protesters.

It clearly shows the coup's new Attorney General dissolving the representative government, firing the ombudsman, and metaphorically tearing up the constitution of Venezuela, all the while, claiming a people's mandate.

It also shows how the coup collapsed and Chavez returned to power. It's very moving - a brilliant piece of reportage.

See the movie and ask yourself if Bush could move around the US unprotected the way Chavez does?

He has a lot of courage. Watch this as an antidote to the propaganda.

Are you watching for the snipers? Are you feeling the crosshairs of their 50 mm sniper rifles crossing the back of your neck? I know I am.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I saw this movie a looong time ago, found it through a torrent. Ever since I saw the film, and saw the resolve of the people take back their government and put their elected president back in office I have had a lot of respect of Chavez. His views are not that of an American puppet- and I couldn't love that more. Its great to see somewhere in the world a country standing up for itself- by the people, for the people. You know, those crazy ideals our country was supposed to believe in and live?

If only we would stand up as a people and return to that- by the people, for the people. Overthrow the coup that occurred in America.

Viva le Resistance! lawl

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Sorry about my earlier rant, about WW2.

I jsut finished watching this doco, it was really was more entertaining and inspiring than hollywood has come up with for along time, but i guess true stories are always that most intresting. It really does show the power of corporat control of media, and how even a small minority of people can overthrow a democraticaly elected government. It does show the extent of neo-liberalism and free trade, being pressured by the major powers on other nations.
Also it does really show the power of media. When people say to me "who cares if the media are abit biased and misreoport because of politics" this doco really shows how crucial it is for media to be ethical responsible for their reports.

You get my vote for the month.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Thank you rich...
I doubt i would ever come across that thru normal american channels...

Very enlightening...

I can concur, that America has its set of problems with its SOP in south america...
we also have much to be proud of... but nothing proud connected to the CIA i am afraid...

America is a great nation, a great merciful, and enlightened nation... with much potential for good...
it is unfortunate (and shameful) that our intellegence services (IMO really work for the NWO) are so vile... Why cant we gather intellegence, instead of cause it?

Of course, our nation is not alone here... Russia, China, Korea, Germany, and of course Israel all have similar problems with loose cannon intellegence services... but this is about America...
lets clean our side of the street, and stop messing with other countries political issues...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm really glad people are getting to see this movie and I'm very pleased with the feedback... and the WATS votes are nice, although I have to say I think there are others more deserving: I used mine all up on the Dutch guy who translated all the good stuff about George Bush Sr. and the JFK hit, and those extra cool people on the 5 ton coke plane bust thread. I just posted a movie link - those guys did some serious work! But thanks anyway, respect and peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join