It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairbanks, Alaska?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ok, being a pilot if you read the note from the flight sectional at the beginning of the page about R-2211. This sectional is old as they change every month or so but lets assume it is still accurate. I don't have an AK sectional to verify if it is still true. But from 0800 to 1800 M to F, I can fly over this installation with no one making a fuss at any altitude (eg 500ft). Unlike areas in NV where there is 24hr blocking of the R (restricted area). If the area was not being used I would call Eielson AFB on the radio (frequency is on the flight sectional) and ask if the range was active and can I cross it at xx altitude. Most of the time they are inactive and they give you permission to fly through the area. Now if you think it is anything other than an antenna farm for backscatter radar, or direction finding then think what you want.

"Time of designation. 0800 to 1800, local Monday through Friday,
other times by NOTAM.
Designated altitude. Surface to FL310.
Controlling agency. FAA, Fairbanks Approach Control.
Using agency. U.S. Air Force, 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson AFB, AK. "

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
If this is an AFB, then where is the runway?

[edit on 4-10-2007 by PureET]

Nobody has said its an Air Force BASE. It is used for Air Force purposes. Plus there is already a base near there.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oh ok, thanx for clearefiyng (what??) that for me (how do you spell that?)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is weird when i placemarked this site and returned the following day All the markers had been deleted,this same thing happened when i placemarked the Mojave desert design also.Ironically,in the N/W corner of this range near the buildings, appears what seems to be a large black van similar to the one found on the Mojave desert dirt road on the southernish end of the design.If i were you, id start worrying if the conspiracy theorists are right!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
when your guns go you go ? death camp what else..

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

I live in Fairbanks!

That is a site that was constructed by "Kiewit" a few years ago. I know it well because of this thread I started a while back:

Odd-looking Military Aircraft in the Alaskan Wilderness

They had to actually construct an ice-road during the winter to get building materials to and from the site 30-some odd miles South of the Richardson Highway (WOW!). They would've had no way of doing it through the tundra.

You can read a little more about how it was built on Kiewit's website. The site that's the subject of my thread is a few dozen miles SE of there but I did talk about this "Giant Square" in my thread because of some very peculiar things I discovered about it.

It is known as "Blair Lakes Range Complex". It is located inside the Fort Wainwright Military Reservation although it is about 32 miles South of Fort Wainwright's range facilities.

I am familiar with the area because I work at Fort Wainwright (civilian). We actually just worked on a project involving this very complex though I won't say what we worked on because it's confidential.

Just like I talked about in my thread, this facility is much more than just a 1 mile x 1 mile "range" complex.

If you look at the NW part of the square in more detail you can see what look like a bunch of H's lined up. They consist of some very large poles approximately 30-40 feet apart with nets in-between.

Leading to the nets are landing markers that extend out a couple hundred feet to the S/SE (Kind of hard to see in this image but there nonetheless).

Like I said in the other thread, these appear to be UAV recovery nets.

The bizarre aircraft I found nearby in google earth do not match the dimensions of anything else found in the U.S. inventory (that we know of). But the dimensions of the aircraft are smaller than your standard fighter jet. Perhaps we caught a glimpse of some kind of UAV we weren't supposed to see.

Because of the work I do, what I can tell you is that I know that military facilities here in the Interior of Alaska are taking steps to ensure UAV's have the infrastructure to operate unimpeded from the base's ordinary inbound/outbound traffic and in total secrecy. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you how I know this or why because some aspects of the work are not only confidential but classified.

-ChriS

[edit on 17-7-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Heres a link to an FAA document authorising US Army UAS SHADOW flights in Alaska.

ARMY UAV SHADOW's AK

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What can you make of this?:

64 07' 19.87" N, 146 19' 10.64" w

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Spent some time in Fairbanks (Fort Wainwright) in the late 1960's.

To use the interior of Alaska to "house" 1-2 million Americans, in a FEMA camp, has always brought a smile to my face!!

How do you maintain this facility to operate year round with winter temps that reach -60 below for months on end. And months of darkness. When I was there, everything had to come in by air.

A total logistical nightmare.

Unless you're just going to leave them outside in the Fall and haul away the frozen, rigid bodies in November, this is a terrible place to set up, "stock", and maintain a REX/FEMA camp.

What do you think BlasteR???

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Strange!!

Each length off of the 90 is approx. 9'.

At first I thought about all those other images of airplanes in the sky but this does appear to be on the ground.

There is another airstrip 2 miles to the W/SW of the object.

Unsure what to make of it. It appears to be something either artificial or inadvertantly dropped there. Thing is, the place is inaccessible and there are no roads to this particular location. Not even a slight sign of recent vehicle activity in the area.

Only road nearby is the road leading to the runway but it's almost 2 miles to the SW. Plus, how on earth would a vehicle even get out there in the tundra without a road?

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo
reply to post by BlasteR

Spent some time in Fairbanks (Fort Wainwright) in the late 1960's.

To use the interior of Alaska to "house" 1-2 million Americans, in a FEMA camp, has always brought a smile to my face!!

How do you maintain this facility to operate year round with winter temps that reach -60 below for months on end. And months of darkness. When I was there, everything had to come in by air.

A total logistical nightmare.

Unless you're just going to leave them outside in the Fall and haul away the frozen, rigid bodies in November, this is a terrible place to set up, "stock", and maintain a REX/FEMA camp.

What do you think BlasteR???

Well, rarely do the temperatures get down to -60 F but we do sometimes have cold spells of -40 or -50 for weeks at a time before it starts warming up. However, you can die at even much warmer temperatures.

I don't suspect a FEMA camp at all. First, notice where the giant square is located. It's almost smack in the middle of some of the most inaccessible wilderness in the interior. It's almost perfectly placed in between the Richardson Highway to the East, Fort Wainwright to the North and the Parks Highway to the West. Vehicles and equipment would have to be flown in.

The "roads" you see extending to the North through the Tundra and to the East are not even really roads but probably leftovers from the ice-roads Kiewit constructed to prepare and build the site.

Someone actually posted the Blair Lakes Range Complex up at the "Living Moon" website and credited me with the find (though the site isn't really even secret). The only things secretive about it are A) Military/Civilian ctivities at the site and B) finding the name of the site can be difficult even for someone with Internet access.

Fairbanks Alaska - Unknown

You can't exactly search for "Giant Square in Alaska" and find what you're looking for. Of coarse, now that we're discussing it on ATS our conversations would probably be some of the first things people would find.

Some of the "big circles" we're seeing at the site in google earth could be small structures housing LIDAR arrays.

People looking in google earth see a giant square looking object in the middle of nowhere but don't know that the size of the military reservation is this huge.

Because of the remoteness, the military could use the site for whatever they wanted and not have to worry about anyone seeing it.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I wonder if any of you can find the B-24 that is not that far away from there, sunk into the tundra, and later burned in a wildfire. Its visible from google earth...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that the layout of the base looks the Pleiades star system or am I the only one seeing that?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wlffmn27

It does somewhat. I'm still unsure what the purpose of having a near-perfect one mile X one mile square is though.

I've only asked a handful of people about it but I know other people that work on Fort Wainwright and only one person I've asked even knew what the site was.

The first thing that comes to mind is so the site can be recognized from the air. The square is not perfectly oriented to the North either (In the pics I posted earlier, North is straight up).

It doesn't make sense to me why the size and shape of the site would be constructed in such a precise manner but with an inprecise orientation.

If the objects between those big poles are landing nets for UAV's, then the approach direction would always have to be from the Southeast. The approach direction would generally be from the direction of Fort Greely and Donnelly Training Area.

The approach lanes that are clearly marked in front of the nets implies a consistent landing approach from the SE, which is exactly where some pretty interesting aircraft are located at a remote airstrip in the Western portion of Donnelly Trianing Area (See link I posted earlier to my thread). These aircraft can still be seen in Google Earth and we have yet to identify them. Noone knows what they are. The dimensions and characteristics of the aircraft don't match with anything we know of, publicly, in our military inventory.

What we do know is the size and shape of these aircraft is more consistent with a drone than a conventional, manned fighter or fighter/bomber. They're almost too small to be anything else. The only aircraft flown by the Air Force that remotely resemble the characteristics of these aircraft are the F-22 and the F-15. But both of those are WAY too big to match.

-ChriS

[edit on 22-7-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DezertSkies

It is the mysterious Alaska pyramid. LOOK at it, do the research.

<< 1   >>

join