It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesnt someone infiltrate a Masonic lodge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
yin, are you saying that there is no privledge and further enlightenment to Masonic secrets with the postion of 33rd dregree Mason?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
Only 32nd and 33rd degreed Masons know any of the 'good stuff'.

32nd Degree Scottish Rite Freemasons are a dime a dozen around here...

Masonic Monkeys, not just for the good stuff anymore..

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance
Well then, maybe my boss lied his ass off....
it's been about 6 years since I left that old job.
He told me that they had meeting ("Feast of Al Medinah" ring a bell?)
He said that the meetings were for men only and that they had women at the end (strippers) doing lap dances. Heck, maybe it was a corrupt club. Maybe he was lying.

Doesn't ring any bells with me. No strippers EVER in our lodge.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I know quite a 33 and a few 32 degrees (Scottish Rite), they aren't rare commodities anymore as far as I see it.

What will probably happen is that you will infiltrate the freemasons, realize you like it, and then come back on here defending them from some silly accusations.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

yin, are you saying that there is no privledge and further enlightenment to Masonic secrets with the postion of 33rd dregree Mason?

as has been said before a million times before me: a 32nd/33rd degree mason is no greater (in rank or place or authority) than a 3rd degree mason. degrees past 3rd are just for further education over the things you have already learned on the journey to 3rd...it dives into greater detail..none of the details being world domination or secret conspiracies btw.

the only thing that comes close to a hierarchy are the ruling bodies. but they are only in place, because every organization from business to fraternal needs leaders, and other positions to ensure the organization continues to even be around in the first place. but on the lodge level..any master mason can become a worshipful master..all hed need to do is enter the ranks as an officer, and serve his time there.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yeah, people have really got to get past the idea that 33 degree Masons somehow wield more power than those of numerically inferior title.

For one thing, it's only the Scottish Rite that goes "up" to the 33rd degree. Here in Australia, the Scottish Rite membership is in the minority. The Scottish Rite has absolutely no influence or authority over Blue Lodge (1st to 3rd) members or activities.

Somebody more eloquent than I should dedicate a post to the actual structure of Masonry, so that the mods can sticky it and save regular ATSers from repeating themselves endlessly.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Here is the link Roark.
Perhaps those who continue to base their knowledge of Freemasons on National Treasure will take a look at this. Also, I've started a thread on both the history of Freemasons, and the debunking of the National Treasure nonsense, also titled exactly that, if any of you other members wish to find out a little more about our "secret truth" and founding members. Let us all keep in mind here people, movies don't sell if they are only facts! Otherwise it is just another boring documentary Let that quote be raised on a flag and waved from the highest ATS pole. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

Mason Levels

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I know very little about secret societys and the like but am facinated by it all. I read the other day somewhere can't remember but that its only beyond the 33rd degree that a Mason learns the real truth, goals and secrets of the Society. I read about Jim shaw, and how his buddy supposedly was going beyond the 33rd degree while Jim wanted out.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
First, in zerotolerance's defense, note that he was talking about a Shrine Club, not a Masonic Lodge. I've been to certain Shrine Clubs and have seen similar things go on, and is one of the reasons I'm not particularly active in Shrine. I have nothing against the Shrine, but just felt that some of the stuff was sophomoric and silly.

It is very possible that zero's former boss believed every thing he told zero. A great many Shriners became Masons just so they could they join the Shrine. I've seen many get their degrees, join the Shrine, and never come back to the Lodge. This class of Shriner knows practically nothing about Masonry, and it doesn't surprise me that one would tell zero stuff like his boss said.

Originally posted by Burnt Offering
I know very little about secret societys and the like but am facinated by it all. I read the other day somewhere can't remember but that its only beyond the 33rd degree that a Mason learns the real truth, goals and secrets of the Society. I read about Jim shaw, and how his buddy supposedly was going beyond the 33rd degree while Jim wanted out.

Jim Shaw was a liar. He was never nominated or elected to the 33°, and most certainly never received that degree. The entire incident that Shaw describes in his book "The Deadly Deception" about his trip to D.C. is fictional.

Shaw told the truth about being a Mason, and a member of the Scottish Rite. When he resigned from the fraternity, he was a 32° Knight Commander of the Court of Honour.

Shaw claimed to have been Past Master of his Blue Lodge, but this was also a lie (he never served in any office higher than Junior Deacon). He also lied about being Past Master of all Scottish Rite bodies (he had actually served as Past Master of none).

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The 33° is honorary, and is conferred upon Scottish Rite Masons in recognition of service. The actual ritual of the degree is based on the Templar legend concerning the Battle of Bannockburn.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've been into one when I was younger. They often hold bake sales on thursdays, and the one near my home is right next to a Korean Church. My friend invited me to come to church with him on thursday and as we left the church we saw the bake sale next door. They invited some people inside the lodge. The entire place looked a like Prince music video. There were lots of purple drappery around the room and a piano in one corner.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join