It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm trying to plan a trip.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I am trying to get information on bicycle trials around the US,like rail trails and recreational trails which would accomodate a mountain bike and a trailer full of camping gear,or roadside lanes specifically for bikes etc.
Not Singletrack!.
I have had little luck finding a reference which would contain info on trails around the US,I would like to find a publication which has a current and somewhat complete reference to recreational trails nationwide,along with bicycle routes along raodways with a separate lanes.
If you personally know of paths which pass thrrough your area,the information would be appreciated.
I am considering beginning my travels near the southern Illinois,Arkansas,Tennessee area.
Any risks anyone may know of in certain areas would be great info to have also.
I plan to steer clear of major metropolitan areas.
I plan to be gone forever.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
give me a year untill im over 21.. i'll apply for U.S citizenship and come with you..

im sick of society..

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'll keep in contact with you, that's kinda why I am bailing too.
There are cyber cafes around the US which will come in handy for keeping in touch with other ATS members.
Just think if we could get a whole bunch of people who were fed up with this # system we are forced to live in, on bicycles,Just meandering around and taking care of one anothers needs in a group effort kind of way.
Nomads on Bicycles:The Movie,The Mystery,The Revolution on Spokes.
That would be fun and, healthy too.
As long as there were not "too many " trouble makers it would be awesome.
Our Motto:Sell all that you own,buy a decent bicycle and come with me on a trip around the world.
A real realty, not this fake one.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
dont go just yet... keep it for a backup plan if the # truely does hit the fan..

ive asked people to do the same with me just lets all disapear..in the forrest for a few years..

unfortunately most of my friends bar about 2 think i am completely insane...

i am deadly serious.. i hate society it makes me highly depressed..

i am to scared of death to commit suicide... i think living for your survival in the wilderness cant be any worse than society in general..

if i could find 10 people i trust who wanted to do it.. i would go tommorow..

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Society sucks,it has a depressing effect on most people,and everything is manipulated to keep them busy enough to not notice what the problem is.
The doctors prescribe anti-depressants,lotta money in it,and tell you that you have a chemical imbalance in your noggan,the doc is the one with the imbalance.
But the truth of it is that you don't have to grow up,you don't have to play the game,you don't have to buy a hot-tub to impress your neighbors,all you have to do is live your life and try not to get sucked into the belly of the beast,which really isn't that hard to do.
Unless of course you are one of the many "materialistic dummies" who is willing to work their life away for "Stuff".
Not me,not anymore.
Been semi-successful,lost everything,been there,done that,learned my lesson.
You should see the looks I get when someone is bragging up their motorcycle or their car or their house or whatever,and say,"The guy who designed the bike or car loves you,you make him rich".
I don't get these loyalties people have to things like football teams,Ford,Chevy,Name brand #...............
Lifes too short,live it,stop enriching someone who does not care about you at all by being vain and working yourself to death for stuff.
The best one is "He who dies with the most toys wins",yeah right!,He who dies with the most toys wins the "stupid ass who wasted his life working for toys to leave his relatives to fight over" award.
Gee, I wonder who profits from that?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
if everybody stoped contributing to this rat race... the illuminati, nwo, builderburgs whoever they are would lose all power tommorow...

we all need to go back to self employment and self survival...

its the only way we can ever be truely free and have luxurys...

otherwise we are going to have to either live in a currupt society or in mudhuts/log cabins in the wilderness...

people have a choice... i thought i was stuck in this rat race im not... nobody is...

i just dont want to go it alone...i want people of like mind to come with me...

i dont need tv and books and movies and jewelry and money to be happy..

i need people to talk to and people to enjoy being alive with...

everybody is too godamn deppendant on the rat race and the soicety that follow's it...

i just feel like 99.9% of people dont understand where i and other ats members are coming from...

i am sick of the #.. im sick of the people dieing and starving because some rich bastard wont sort it out...

nobody cares and that makes me angry.. and when i get angry it makes me deppressed...

i have no idea how the hell i can help the worlds situation.. but i want to.. and its the reason i think i am here...

i want to help but i dont know how to do it.. society is corrupt i need to join the basic's and maybe start again or something..

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
you come into the world with nothing.... you leave the world with nothing...

all you can ever do is be happy..

sure i am happy when i have stuff.. but thats because soceity has #ed me up and made me materialistic...

i want out...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
A bicycle convent

It sounds like fun and i could do with a road trip.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Because society will not "let you out" without a fight.
3/4 of the fight is from your own inner self,because of the way you were conditioned to accept things by your parents and schools.
Just remember,everything has been turned "upside down/inside out",the truth is in the opposite direction of what most percieve to be the truth.
The brainwashed sheeples are your enemy and they think they are trying to help you.
In reality,they envy you,but they are jealous also,they will try to get you to play the same game they are trapped in.Misery loves company.
I am called crazy every day,in realty they are.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i have this daft idea i need money to buy equipment...

realistically i could do it with just a knife.. but i have no training...other than general camping experence..

i am ussualy quite scientifically minded.. so i know about preparing clean drinking water ect..

i just want to be able to go into the forrest with a backpack of gear... and come out the woods about 3 years later with my middle finger stuck up at society..

prepare and do exacally the same again..

everybody thinks i am crazy..but i feel closer to getting up and just doing it everyday...

i have no idea whats stopping me... its probably only the fear of having to do it on my own...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Wow a 7 year old thread are you all still active? lol

Anyway seriously i also want out from this S hole of a society.

I'm 16, just left school and i have never wanted to go to college or anything like that so now i'm forced to get a job and work till i'm 60+ all for some paper that really has no value whatsoever.

I have always been different in some way and only in the last year or so i have realised that i wanted out of society, and i have a bit of knowledge as how to live in the wild from a couple of survival type days which helped me alot.

But i'm just scared to death of being alone in the wild, i want to spend my life with my fellow countrymen (England) to laugh, be happy and most of all to LIVE!

But everyone thinks i'm mental, and i have distanced myself from the so called 'reality' and have never really had any good friends because i feel i can't get close to anyone in this society full of hate and disorder.

If i could get just 5 people to come with me to live in the wild who are like-minded and are committed then i would also leave tomorrow and stick my fingers up to society because it is the worst thing i have ever had to endure.

one last thing, watch the film defiance if you haven't already because a village similar to the one made in that film is what i want to live in.

new topics

top topics

join