It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: UFO or 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:
crt

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is how they magically teleport themselves, by leaving their original orbit.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crt
This is how they magically teleport themselves, by leaving their original orbit.

How does that prove that the fragments will end up hitting earth?

crt

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It doesn't prove anything, except the possibility exists, I'm not saying anything will hit the earth, I'm saying it is possible something may hit the earth. The fragments do not appear to have stayed in their orginal orbit.

I'm trying to make a point there is a possibility we can get hit.

Anyway nuff said, the whole comet thing is getting old.

take care people.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ok, there is a possibility. At the same time, there's a possibility that there will be a volcano that erupts in the Pacific that vaporizes so much water is throws the Earth into the sun. You could wake up in the morning, step out of bed at the exact moment all the atoms of your foot line up perfectly with the atoms of the floor and you fall through. That doesn't mean there are things we should worry about, or even think about or consider. The chances are so remote, they're negligable.

So, too, is the chance that another comet or asteroid would smack into this object and fling debris towards the Earth. Remember, it's traveling at a very high velocity. It would take a major impact by another mass to toss any fragments into the Earth. If it broke up on its own, it is so far away the trajectory and speed of the fragments would carry it in the same path, though slightly spread out.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I do not personally feel that a collision with any NEOs is imminent.

That said, we should not forget that probability is predicated upon known variables. When pondering something as vast and as yet unexplored as the universe, one has to consider the potential for a quantity of unknown variables sufficient to counter one's conclusion that something is, based on the variables one is aware of, improbable. In other words, we can observe a great deal about the great beyond from our little fish bowl, and so far it has served us well. There's always the possibility, however, that there is enough that remains unknown or unseen to turn our notion of what's probable or improbable on its head.

I don't personally feel that a collision will occur, and indeed, I feel it's fairly obvious that we aren't in any danger from the NEOs in question. I just also feel I should be humble enough before the cosmos to assume I could find out I'm wrong about that at a moment's notice. In a nut shell: you never know, and the insistence that something definitely will not happen can prove to be just as irrational as the insistence that it absolutely will.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is my first post here...cool. It won't be my last though. I'm thinking not a Ufo but this instead : www.popsci.com...

We live in the 21st century, people....a whole new age of cool weapons and toys paid for by us...fun times!!!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think it was Santa Clause. My mother told me when I was 22 that SANTA CLAUSE DIDN'T EXIST! I never got presents from him from that day forward. Some body was climbing down my chimney year after year and leaving presents, if not him then who and why wasn't he arrested? It then hit me that he was real and he and my mother commited a high conspiracy against me to save monitarily at my expense and to lighten his load on his sled because he was getting older and had no more sons to continue his empire. I am 34 now and have gotten used to Santa's neglect and selfish squandering of my gifts. I hope it was Santa that bolted into that water and exploded. They didn't find any debris or anything you said??? No one saw a red 'Big Boy" bike wash up or anything on shore did they? They probably wouldn't mention something like that anyway, not every body could have a cool bike like that, has to be Top Secret or something? Anyway, it was probably Santa Clause and his glaucoma finally got the better of him.Just curious, did anyone else get duped by that red fat b@stard? Flying around all year long with deer slaves in BDSM Bondage and one with a red bloody nose all year round (some call it cute, I call it abuse...poor Rudolph) have you noticed the only pictures of Rudolph are when he's young? Why no recet pics? Where was he was last seen?....dead and mixed in a vat of perchloric acid probably.Santa dresses in a red suit, scrambles his name from SATAN to SANTA, climbs down chimneys (into fire no doubt). Diverts attention from the real meaning of CHRISTmas, a creepy old man with children on his lap year after year and has everyone under a trance! I'm not saying I shot Santa out of the sky that day into the water or anything, but don't be surprised if someone did. c'mon he had it coming, A Santa in every mall at the same time everywhere all at once? Pretty sweet little operation there, but the jigs up now isn't it santa (that's right a lower cased "S", you disgust me!) How could I ever have trusted you? Yeah, Im sure it was him, Santa is no more, he is fish food now. So it wasn't a Space Rock after all......ha ha ha, a space rock? What are you guys smoking? How obsurd is that.............space rock,...... (it takes all kinds doesn't it).........awkward.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Phenomium]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
I think it was Santa Clause.

Ahh, really. Humor? Cynicism? Or just low on meds?

Might have been the Hogfather if this was Discworld.

crt

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
METEOR WATCH: On May 31st, Earth will pass five million miles from the dusty orbit of comet 73P/Schwassmann Wachmann 3. The great distance means a meteor shower is unlikely; but 73P is such a strange comet that even the unlikely is possible. Be alert for meteors slowly cutting across the sky in the nights ahead:

This is from spaceweather.com, I guess they are idiots too huh?

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Comets pretty much gone, no aliens mad at G.W.

Just a nutty Frenchman that probably never had a dream or talked to aliens, but just wanted to sell a book or had a messiah complex.

Instead of 'saving millions' as he claimed he was trying to do, all he did was scare the people of Morocco into abandoning their homes to flee inland, and for that he should jailed IMHO.

Just let it die. It just encourage the next crop to do it, because it gets a rise out of people who actually want real news/info.

[edit on 30-5-2006 by pstiffy]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crt
This is from spaceweather.com, I guess they are idiots too huh?

Keep in mind that this meteor shower has been around for quite some time, and was given it's name back in the 1930s. That really isn't anything new, that we would be getting a meteor shower out of it.

crt

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think the Frenchman is a loony, now he is using astrology to predict a comet strike.
I guess the space aliens made an ass out of him so now he needs an astrologer to finish making a ass out of him.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by crt]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join