It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: UFO or 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Natural swelling?? No way did you even read those reports look at the difference... if the water was to swell a lot in one area it would have to be spread out over an incredible distance for it not to become a wave.... just swelling... but as you can see none of the other buoy's report that effect the large waves being reported are isolated.... like chunks hitting the ocean in random spots.

GOOD THINGS ITS THE OCEAN AND NOT OUR LAND

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Just to add to the ongoing madness, Nostradamus supposedly predicted - more or less - the same events...
Nostradamus

Interesting enough this site was up from 2000... And if you browse around on the site you'll see that they mention the Bible code also...

Revelation 8:8 also suggests a blazing mountain-sized object falling into the water and Revelation 9:1-2 suggests a volcano-like result of a land strike. Two strikes are suggested, just like the 2006 and 2012 strikes dates found in the Bible Code.

Well, the clock is ticking.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
We'll find out in a couple weeks if nothing happens but until then BE SAFE

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Yes... BE SAFE!

O ya, and don't forget an umbrella?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It seems like our favorite kook of the month took down his forum as soon as he could after midnight yesterday (or today, depending on your perspective).

I was really looking forward to his spin on things there, but it just didn't happen - he decided to take the coward's route and just pull the forum entirely.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
The 70ft wave is WAY off as well...nearly into the Indian Ocean.

As far as I can tell your incorrect, both of these came from the area around The bay of Biscay.
I could be wrong but isn’t that the area which is known for its rouge waves to begin with…

Ship Information
SHIP ID: C6NZ3
HOUR(GMT): 00
LAT: 46.3
LON: -8.5
WDIR(°): 280
WSPD(kts): 15.9
GST(kts): - -
WVHT(ft): 70.5

Ship Location

The buoy location can be found by looking for the buoy at the bottom of this map by its ID number 62081:

Conditions at 62081
MM: 05
DD: 25
TIME(GMT): 1800
WDIR: SW
WSPD(kts): 15.9
GST(kts): --
WVHT(ft): 40.4

Buoy Location

I do find this wave to be odd, but perhaps the buoy was turned up by passing ships, was malfunctioning, or there was a storm in the area. It could also be possible that this is the same wave that was reported by the ship, simply a rouge wave. Click below to check out that spike:
The Spike

It also seems that the waves are measured as an average in 20-minute intervals, so something could be skewing the math to make it appear worse then it is. Also, notice that the buoys and the ships do not report exactly the same…

WVHT :
Significant wave height (meters) is calculated as the average of the highest one-third of all of the wave heights during the 20-minute sampling period. See the Wave Measurements section. Note: Buoy WVHTs are combined seas whereas Ship WVHTs are observed wind wave heights.

Perhaps someone with a greater nautical knowledge then myself would like to comment on how these buoys get their calculations and exactly what they mean, as well as the difference between combined seas and wind wave heights.

[edit on 5/26/2006 by defcon5]

crt

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Posted by cmdrkeenkid

You know what's funny about that? It says, right on the Orbit Simulation website...

External Source

The applet was implemented using only 2-body methods, and hence should not be used for determining accurate long-term trajectories (over several years or decades) or planetary encounter circumstances.

Well if thats the case and it isn't suppose to be accurate, then the accuracy may not be in our favor, meaning the orbital path could even be closer to the earths orbit. That could go either way I guess.
I'm not looking at EJ's site for info as far as that goes, I'm trying to make a deduction from what NASA's data is showing.

It is possible we may not see sqwat, maybe a meteor shower, if that. I'm not a prophet, nor can I remote view, and the only space aliens I've met are on message boards.
I'm just basing this on what info I can get from NASA. If they won't tell us anything then we had to make a deduction ourselves.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by crt]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

So... if the window is 48 hours, and that is off of GMT time, does that mean that there is only 9 and 1/2 hours left? Not a big window at all

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
[removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

9 1/2 until 9 1/2 hrs from now, when i am sure it will be stretched again, most likelyto 6/6/6

Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/26/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by crt
Well if thats the case and it isn't suppose to be accurate, then the accuracy may not be in our favor, meaning the orbital path could even be closer to the earths orbit. That could go either way I guess.

No, the point is that it is accurrate, but if you just look at the images, the lines will always cross. So if you're just looking at the images and not using your brain, you can say, "That's gonna hit us!" Now, if he had used his brain, he would have understood that. Then again, I think he did use his brain, purposely omitted that fact to make himself look better, and it's all part of his ploy to sell books.

[edit on 5/26/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

crt

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The fact is, I am using my brain, and thinking there is a possiblity that there are alot of stray fragments, and deducting that information on what I've seen with the hubble video of the fragment breaking apart. Using my brain, I see fragments going in a large cone away from the comet. And using my brain. looking at that video closely, I see some fragments bouncing off of eachother.
Using my brain, I also see, through that video, that the larger fragment is pulling away, while the smaller fragments are falling back in the orbit.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just saying that this scenario has happened multiple times, and I'm looking at this with some reasoning behind it, not just being a doomer or whatever the case maybe.

I am not an astronomer, but it doesn't take an idiot to see what is happening with this comet and all of the unknown factors that it has created.

Hubble Video

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by crt
I am not an astronomer, but it doesn't take an idiot to see what is happening with this comet and all of the unknown factors that it has created.

So then why don't you listen to someone who is?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Though, I did find this bit of the article interesting, to say the least...

I kinda liked the part where they said it could have possibly been refuse from a airplane overhead and you see a picture of him pulling the thing from the wall with his bare hands!
Can you say "Hand me some Germ-X PLEASE!" fast enough?!
Frozen poop!

Pie

Actually, Pie, the article said that they had speculated it was frozen aircraft refuse, but they then said that they NOW think that it was a large chunk of sulfur. Modern planes don't usually drop their refuse from the sky. There is a chance that the airline could be at fault for personal damages by anyone who is hit by the frozen feces.

Plus, I doubt that, if the refuse were, in fact, dumped from the aircraft, it would not have frozen into such a large chunk like that. For example, when you spill a glass of water in the air, it does not all fall in a giant ball. It breaks up into droplets, which, in turn, hit the ground. Now, let's scale that up. Throw about 200 gallons of urine and feces from an aircraft moving 325+ knots into skies 25,000 feet off the ground.

After exiting the aircraft, it would behave almost like rain. The speed would cause the refuse to form into smaller droplets (probably no bigger than a football), which would then freeze in the upper atmosphere (as rain does), and then, depending on the climate below, fall as ice, or a slush of feces and urine. So the probability of a humongous chunk of fecal matter hitting a building with enough force to crash itself through a roof and then wedge itself into a wall would be slim to none. Even if a chunk were to fall that was large enough, the object would most definitely break apart after hitting the roof and probably with only enough force to make a large dent in the roof, let alone pierce it.

The physical consistency and resilience of an ice ball going at most likely 100+ knots would cause the ball to shatter on impact with the steel and glass. The only type of matter with the physical resilience to penetrate a layer of steel and then embed itself into a wall would have to be either a rocky or metallic material. This, hence, would cause them to believe that the object was a rock, not frozen sewage.

Also, the physical composition of the object was further evidence that this object was, in fact, a chunk of rock. The article said that the object, when cut, was white of the outside and black on the outside. The smell of the sulfur was probably what caused them to believe that this was frozen waste.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Just a slight aside about the chances that it could have been ice/slush icture from a plane...

They freeze the wastes in order to keep it from sloshing around during maneuvers, and causing a weight and balance problem. And it has been known for accidents to happen and this frozen waste come plummeting to the ground.

crt

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
For one, I don't know what your credentials are, I don't know if you have any formal education in astronomy or astro physics.

And two, judging from your other posts, considering the religious overtones concerning this comet. prophecies predictions, or what not.
That you have a bias based on that, as opposed to scientific judgement or analysis.

But I'm not going to argue with you, because we will still have our own opinions regardless.

But as a final word, I do hope you are right and I am wrong.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'll message you my credentials. I hope you'll understand why I wouldn't want them on the boards.

Oh, and I don't know what "religious overtones" you're speaking of, as coming from me... Care to elaborate, please?

[edit on 5/27/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
They freeze the wastes in order to keep it from sloshing around during maneuvers, and causing a weight and balance problem. And it has been known for accidents to happen and this frozen waste come plummeting to the ground.

Hm, not on a civilian plane, maybe this is something they do in the military but I highly doubt it. The Blue Water that freezes and falls off civilian planes is leakage from the doughnut to the Lavatory Dump Tube (large gray tube in the picture below) that gets into the area of the lab panel and freezes. This panel is only about a foot wide by a foot tall and 6 inches deep, so if the ice is larger then this, its from somewhere else.

The Potable Water that is dumped from the sinks in an aircraft goes out what is called a Heated Mast, which looks like a large Pitot Tube, and disperses behind the plane as a mist. It certainly never freezes into a block of ice. You can see in the following picture exactly how large the Lavatory Service Panel is:

Here is the site that picture is from, it shows the panels on many different aircraft, as well as the potable water panel. You can see that none of them, right up to the 747, are large enough to freeze a 2-foot chunk of ice:
Lavatory Service Equipment

Any ice that forms on the wings is usually a very thin light frost, like what you get on your windshield on a cold morning. They obviously use De-Icing fluid and De-Icing Boots (Heated areas on the leading edge and control surfaces), if there is a danger of it getting any thicker, as it would endanger the aircraft.

So can we please dismiss the idea that these 2 foot chunks of ice are coming from aircraft, as it is just not happening. Are they from global warming or coming from space? Well, that is up to you folks to argue, but there is nowhere on a plane to freeze that amount of water and just have it fall off in flight.

[edit on 5/27/2006 by defcon5]

L3X

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
hey man the guy who claimed a meteor impact/earthquake in sweden had right look this news:

Source

A seismologist has confirmed that the vibrations and shaking overnight in Stockholm, which prompted hundreds of residents to call SOS Alarm fearing a mysterious explosion, was in fact an earthquake.

Reynir Bödvarsson at Uppsala University told TT on Thursday morning that the quake was localised in the western part of the city.

"We hardly noticed anything here in Uppsala. But this morning when I analysed the data I saw that it was an earthquake," he said.

Bödvarsson told Swedish Radio that the earthquake measured "a little over two on the Richter scale". The epicentre was located seven kilometres south east of Bromma.

Police thought at first that the quake was an explosion, as hundreds of panic-stricken residents called SOS Alarm. Nobody was injured.

"It was primarily in the vicinity of Alvik, the Essinge islands and Kungsholmen," said Thomas Ibstedt, at Stockholm police.

A resident of Stora Essingen, Hans-Olov Zetterström, was one of those woken by the rumbling.

"It was as though there was rock-blasting being carried out on a building site," he told The Local.

"But it was the middle of the night - and there's no building site near here."

Officers were sent to investigate the incident and a helicopter was called in to help find the cause of the noise.

The rarity of earth tremors in Stockholm meant that this explanation was not even considered by police, who speculated that it could have been an explosion set off by someone from a boat.

But Bödvarsson said that across Sweden these kinds of quakes are not unheard of.

"There are over ten earthquakes like this each year somewhere in Sweden. But when it happens in central Stockholm there are obviously many more people who experience it than when it happens somewhere in Lappland," he said.

"An earthquake of this size can be usually felt within a radius of maybe five to ten kilometres from the epicentre."

There is very little seismic activity in the Stockholm, Uppland and east coast regions. Around Vänern, Bottenviken and Lappland, earthquakes are more common.

Bödvarsson said there was very little risk of further disturbances in Stockholm.

"If there are aftershocks, they will probably be so small that nobody will notice them. That's not to say that there can't be another earthquake in Stockholm, but the probability is not increased because of this."

[edit on 27-5-2006 by L3X]

crt

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Posted by cmdrkeenkid
Oh, and I don't know what "religious overtones" you're speaking of, as coming from me... Care to elaborate, please?

I didn't mean you had religious overtones I meant the religious overtones surrounding this comet, alot of so called prophets say its going to hit the U.S.
I beg to differ on that one, like I said we may get something out of this, but no tsunami.
Because the sources for this, eg. Eric Julien and other so called prophets from a group called the prophecy club, make these claims, it makes the whole thing refutable.
Which to some extent I agree.
But because of these claims, you would think that absolutely nothing will hit the earth, even the smallest of fragments.

Even on newscientist.com they say there is a possiblity of such a thing.They say meteor showers, but at least they do admit that.

Considering how this comet broke up, it would be biased and closed minded to think there isn't even a remote possiblity of debri hitting the earth.

Even NASA would admit there is a remote possiblity, in secret of course.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by crt
I didn't mean you had religious overtones I meant the religious overtones surrounding this comet,

Yeah, that comes from the nuts whenever a comet goes past. Now, if you talk with the sane people, you'll see that there's generally nothing to worry about.

But because of these claims, you would think that absolutely nothing will hit the earth, even the smallest of fragments.

Okay, well when you figure out how fragments several million miles away could magically teleport themselves to Earth, let me know!

Considering how this comet broke up, it would be biased and closed minded to think there isn't even a remote possiblity of debri hitting the earth.

I'm sorry that I've let my knowledge bias me. And you know what? Debris is hitting the Earth. Constantly. It was before, it is now, and it will be after the comet. Of course, it's generally nothing larger than the size of a small pebble, and then it vaporizes.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join