It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subz's collection of proven lies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Heres a list of proven lies spewed forth by our latest crop of politicians and spread by their obedient corporate media whores. I say they're proven because the same corporate media whores were eventually made to retract their lies.

Please feel free to add your own proven lies with appropriate links to back it up. Nothing hammers home the point we're being constantly lied to more than seeing them all together. One big happy family of whoppers.

The WHOPPERS Gallery (a work in progress)

• WMD's in Iraq prior to Iraq invasion. - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • Saddam was purchasing yellow cake from Niger - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • Saddam had links with Al-Qaeda - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • Saddam was involved in 9/11 - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • Propaganda is only carried out by rogue states - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • Iraq had the capability of launching missles in 45 minutes - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • Australian Wheat Board was not circumventing the Oil for Food program - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • Al-Zarqawi is a huge threat to Iraq - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • FBI List of 9/11 Hijackers - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • NSA only monitoring the calls of Americans when they dial overseas - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • Bush Administration had nothing to do with Plamegate - FALSE - Source: BBC
  • Iranian government legislates law to force Jews to wear yellow patches - FALSE - Source: AP
  • Iran within 2 years of making nuclear bomb - FALSE - Source: BBC

Like I said, please feel free to add your own to the Whopper Gallery. There is nothing more certain than the fact that this list will just continue to grow, and grow. Be on the look out, for after the mushroom clouds have settled over Tehran, for the news reports that say "Oops, Iran had no nuclear weapons program after all".

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Propaganda is only carried out by rogue states - FALSE

I'm not disagreeing with you here; far from it, I feel like you are stating the blatantly obvious. In fact, a lot of the things on your list can be considered American propaganda.

I have to wonder, with the propaganda we do see today, how much there might be out there that we don't see, and actually are taking as fact. A few days back, I was watching some old cartoons from the 40s and 50s that have been banned for various reasons, mostly war propaganda; ever see Donald Duck wear a swastika, say 'Heil Hitler', and salute the Fuhrer? The cartoons were either making Germany look like a total hellhole under Hitler (which admittedly was true), making Germans and/or Japanese look like incompetents (not true; this occurred a lot in Looney Tunes), and that sort of thing. There were also some that were either blatantly racist to blacks, or could be perceived in that way if taken the wrong way.

It makes me wonder what kind of stuff is going on now in our television and media that might be bombarding our kids... I don't watch a lot of TV, so I'm not even really sure what our kids are being exposed to, anymore. I'd imagine propaganda isn't quite so obvious these days, but I know it's there.

Sorry I don't actually have any more to add beyond your own list, but those are good ones above. I just wanted to throw in my two cents on the topic.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I agree it is obvious to many that the West engages in propaganda with vigour. But there are more people who believe that propadanda is something only the "enemy" engages in. I found a story, from an impeccable source, which plainly illustrates that the West uses propaganda. I thought dispelling the commonly held notion of Western media's truthfulness with it would be helpful.

join