It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

radioactive disposal sites & warning the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I saw a documentry about salt mines and saw how some of nuclear get sealed in salt but the intresting part was when they explaned their efforts to warn our future of these sites
some of these techniques are really weird I can see how they might work but some of these "wards" I would think would peak intreset in some people check it out and tell me what you guys think

www.vanderbilt.edu...

a filed of spikes 0_o

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
One unfortunate aspect of attempting to come up with a fool proof method or methods of warning the people of the future of the danger buried underground is we just don't know how people, and more specifically, society will develop.

Take for instance the field of spikes. At some point in the far future, spiked objects may come to represent happiness, or some other non-threatening idea. Then when people come across the field of spikes, they will interpret the spikes to mean something positive, not negative.

A good course of action, which deffinately seems to be one being taken, is to have many different warnings, some simple (such as the 'cartoon' where the radiation symbol moves from the rock to the man), and some complex....

We can only hope that the people of the future will have the intelligence to recognize the meaning of the 'danger signs' we leave.

join