It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a way to test psychic ability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think children are more aware than adults. Children have 1,000 trillion synapses and the number of synapses declines to 100 to 500 trillion as you go to adulthood. It seems that you become more aware as you get older but I believe you become less aware of our surroundings and more self-aware. A child is aware of the spiritual world around us and it's easier for them to believe in certain things because they see more. This leads us to the uncertainty principle and a certain percentage of adults will not fully decline in their synapses and these people are who we call psychic. I just saw a marathon of the show psychic detective and these psychics are miles apart from people like Jonathan Edwards or Sylvia Browne. You have psychics that actually have composite drawings made of criminals before the police even have a suspect. When they finally catch the criminal he looks like the composite drawing. You have police veterans who are trained to be skeptical vouching for these psychics. I think if you could test psychics without them being aware that they are being tested you will find that some of these psychics have access to synapses that didn't fully decline. This will not only prove psychic ability but life after death. I think that we are trapped in self-awareness and we can't see the wider world going on around us but children and psychics can sense it.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by polomontana]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Science is now pointing in this direction.

Fishing in the stream of consciousness, researchers now can detect our intentions and predict our choices before we are aware of them ourselves. The brain, they have found, appears to make up its mind 10 seconds before we become conscious of a decision -- an eternity at the speed of thought.

It says:

Through a series of intriguing experiments, scientists in Germany, Norway and the U.S. have analyzed the distinctive cerebral activity that foreshadows our choices. They have tracked telltale waves of change through the cells that orchestrate our memory, language, reason and self-awareness.

In ways we are only beginning to understand, the synapses and neurons in the human nervous system work in concert to perceive the world around them, to learn from their perceptions, to remember important experiences, to plan ahead, and to decide and act on incomplete information. In a rudimentary way, they predetermine our choices.

online.wsj.com...

I contend this is a key to psychic ability.

The psychics brain knows things because they have more synapses firing than the average adult. This could be tested.

Psychics are aware of things that our outside of the average adults 3 dimensional perception.

This is why psychics and children are similar when it comes to psychic ability.

They can see and sense things and I think some of it is tied to the firing of synapses.

They are aware of the paranormal. These things exists in dimensions beyond our perception and our synapses going from 1,000 trillion 100-500 trillion synapses blocks us from this reality.

Children and psychics are not blocked from these things.

It always puzzled me how some skeptics and atheist talk with absolute certainty about these things when we only know what 4% of the universe is.

Some good books to read:

Extra-Dimensional Universe: Where The Paranormal Becomes Normal by John R. Violette

The Field by Lynne McTaggert

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
Science is now pointing in this direction.

Fishing in the stream of consciousness, researchers now can detect our intentions and predict our choices before we are aware of them ourselves. The brain, they have found, appears to make up its mind 10 seconds before we become conscious of a decision -- an eternity at the speed of thought.

In actuality it is UP TO ten MILLISECONDS in advance. Easily misinterpreted.
Vast difference from ten seconds.

join