It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could psychic powers be something we are evolving away from?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Anything is possible however.. I dont think we are evolving away from it so much as the government is steering us away from it with food additives to pollute our bodies and media to distract our minds and endless other things that prevent a truely spiritual existance that one often needs to fully utilize their psychic gifts.
I think all this noise and chaos and fat food..oops I meant fast food.. is an intentional device to stifle our abilities.

I agree. Unnecessary distractions can certainly unground & unfocus a person from accessing the 'gifts'. Two tvs have broken down on me this year. I don't plan to replace them. I always find being away from the tv/computer for a long period of time is good for me in general.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
I think the core of the matter is that we live in a society where people see something 'unnatural' as "to be feared". In my belief, it was something we lost when we dedicated ourselves to science and forgot our spirituality. If it is a drawback, and is a power of the mind itself, then why does it only show itself in our grasp, when the mind is calm, spirituality hightened and belief strong?

Makes no sense to me why it should be a drawback if it is the result of long training, or even because it is a power of the mind. If we should fear the paranormal, we should also fear our minds. Do we fear our minds? No, then we have nothing to fear from psychic powers.

My 2 cents, nontheless.

It's probably not when we dedicated ourselves to science but more when the "churches" decided that such talents would lead to self enlightenment thus no need for church and no need to give your money to the church. Remember, it's the church leaders of our history that called science AND psychic ability workings of the devil. Something to scare people. To this day I have attended churches that actually teach their students that psychic abilities come from Satan and not God.

So, with the "fear" comes the reprogramming of our minds by social influences. If we are raised believing something then it simply is. If we fear it we will not develop it. And, through lack of development, it becomes dormant to an extent yet never really completely so. We all have the ability within our minds. It's a matter of, well, mind over matter. These statements have been around for a very long time and for a very good reason. Another good one is that you can do ANYTHING that you put your mind to.

It's about conquering the fears and overcoming them. Once they are out of the way then you will realize so many things. You will become more successful in life simply because the fears are gone. The fear of failure, the fear of the unknown, the fear of embarassment, and on and on. Fear keeps us from being so much more.

As always, just my thoughts as well.

My sincerest blessings.

Mike

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here is something that I found interesting from Edgar Cayce. Remember, this was a man that was a devout Catholic. Anyway, here is a reading he had done on the occult (or for better terminology, the psychic world).

1. GC: You will have before you the information given through this channel on the lost continent of Atlantis. You will please continue with this information, and answer the questions which I will ask regarding same.

2. EC: Yes. In understanding, then, in the present terminology, occult science, or psychic science - as seen, this was the natural or nature's activity in that experience, and not termed a science - any more than would be the desire for food by a new born babe. Rather the natural consequence. This explanation may of necessity take on some forms that may possibly be confusing at times, but illustrations may be made through the various types of occult science, or psychic manifestations, that may clarify for the student something of the various types of psychic manifestations in the present, as well as that that was natural in this period.

3. There is, as has been oft given, quite a difference - and much differentiation should be made - in mysticism and psychic, or occult science as termed today.
www.crystalinks.com...
(continued in the next reply...)

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

Original source available here:
www.edgarcayce.org... (paid subscription required to view)

[edit on 22-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Cayce on the occult continued...

Hence we find in this particular moulding or mouldive stage, that in which there was the greater development of, and use of, that as is termed or called psychic and occult forces, or science - in the present terminology, or age.

6. Illustrating, then, that as to how this was used by those entities, those beings, in the formative stage of their experience or sojourn among that as had been created in all of its splendor to supply every want or desire that might be called forth by that being, with all of its attributes physical, mental AND SPIRITUAL at hand; for, as has been given, even unto the four hundred thousandth generation from the first creation was it prepared for man's indwelling. As we today (turn to today), we find there the developments of those resources. How long have they remained? Since the beginning! How long has man been able to use them for his undoing, or his pleasure, or for his regeneration? Since the knowledge of some source has awakened within its psychic force, or source, of the apparatus, or the form that it takes, either in a physical or mental (for remember, Mind is the Builder - and it moves along those channels through which, and by which, it may bring into existence in whatever dimension or sphere from which it is reasoning, or reasoning toward - see) - and as these may be illustrated in the present

www.crystalinks.com...
There is much more but I don't want to get into trouble. Have fun reading.

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]
Original source available here:
www.edgarcayce.org... (paid subscription required to view)

[edit on 22-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
We are not moving away from it. It is a matter of what we are taught or trained to think. And i don't believe that it all comes down to being a scientific society...it also comes down to being a religious society.

Some religions look upon people with psychic abilities as being in cahoots with satan. That being able to see ghosts or to predict something in the future can only come from satan. They could never believe that they are gifts from God. Other religions embrace the paranormal.

Science tries to find a "reasonable" explaination for these gifts while doctors say that the person is mentally ill.

One day people like me are "fashionable" and the next day those same people are coming to my back door for spiritual advice in secret.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1spookychick
We are not moving away from it. It is a matter of what we are taught or trained to think. And i don't believe that it all comes down to being a scientific society...it also comes down to being a religious society.

Some religions look upon people with psychic abilities as being in cahoots with satan. That being able to see ghosts or to predict something in the future can only come from satan. They could never believe that they are gifts from God. Other religions embrace the paranormal.

Science tries to find a "reasonable" explaination for these gifts while doctors say that the person is mentally ill.

One day people like me are "fashionable" and the next day those same people are coming to my back door for spiritual advice in secret.

You are hitting the nail right on the head. It is not that I consciously chose to stop seeing things or experiencing psychic moments when I was little. It was more about the fact that once I started attending church (which was because I had always had this inner desire or yearning to get closer to God) that these events were pushed away from me. Some religions focus on growing this "gift" that we all have. Other more prominent religions see it as a threat to what they have established. It is a business after all and it's about making money. If you doubt me then simply read between the lines.

The "prominent" churches are among the richest organizations (financial now, not spiritual) in the world! They have some of the most elaborate buildings in the world and their leaders live in some of the most luxurious homes in the world. Is this Gods intent? (I use God in the basic sense that most people understand it in.) So, when it came time to release this book of the faith they found within it many lessons and statements that simply would not due for the continued advancement of their business. If people could commune with God without having to go to a religious leader or institution then what good were they? If they weren't really worth much then why would people go to them and give them large chunks of their annual earnings?

I'm not trying to state a conspiracy theory or anything here. Just trying to point out some very interesting facts.

The term "hell" was introduced more recently than people realize. Just take a few courses on religious history. People have done some serious research on this and have expored the oldest texts in the world. Hell was not introduced until hundreds of years after Jesus. Satan, an Aramaic word, was used by Jesus a few times. So who is this Satan? If you explore what the Aramaic meaning is you will find that the most prevailent meaning is "adversary". So when he stated, "Get the behind me Satan" to his apostles he was not trying to tell them that they were possessed. They were showing doubt to his spiritual guidance and thus they were adversaries to his word. Satan is not an individual. It is a concept. It was one that the churches took on and grew in order to maintain the status quo. They wanted to keep making money and in order to do so they needed to scare people into attending church so that their "one chance in life" will result in one of only two options. Either you go to hell and burn forever or you go to heaven and are blessed by the presence of God.

It just doesn't make sense. Why would the one source of all creation, the one that created us in its image with ultimate love and compassion, give us one chance to gain that level of existence within its presence? And if we fail we go to hell......

Makes no sense. So, our psychic gifts are something we need to develop. Our minds say we can't do it because we were taught that. Now we have to break that pattern and prove them wrong.

My sincerest blessings in your journey to discovering the true path of your life.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join