It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A note from the heart...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to put this. Just wanted to see if anyone out there shared my opinions on the evolution of religious sects. I agree I have left out many historical facts to support, but if need be I have them all upstairs (head).

Christians. Jews. Muslims. Hindus. Buddhists. Pagans. Mormans. Gnostics. And all the others. There is only one true expression within all of these different sects. And that is culture. Culture defines our beliefs more than any other known factor. Not to discredit the missionaries that travel into foriegn culture to lobby their deities, but they are only changing a cultural habit into something anew. It is my belief that each soul is responsible for their own journey and judgement. That said, each culture has progressively redefined that truth to more of a territorial, my god is better than your god attitude. I believe this is a result of conflict with our animal and universal instincts. Animals are territorial. But if they are forced to live in captivity, through time they become associable. Which guides me to my point. If each and every religion was to try to understand each religious sect, minus the cultural differences, and territorial egotistical differences, I belive we would find that each religious entity is related to one absolute God.

I can understand some peoples sentiment would be recoiled from hearing the surface of this message. But my response would be to look at the history of religion from each point of view. If you cut the cultural fat away from it, we are all in love with the same creator. The only problems occur when the cultural radicals, refuse to look passed their animal insticts. Oh, yeah, and some make themselves vessels for evil, when they believe their doing their Gods work. Oh yeah again, they like to profit a little too. ;-)

Side note: For every other religion that is in complete conflict with yours, I can find a soul from that culture that you would love unconditionally. We are our own religions. When we all realize that our relationship with God is inside and not in the words of some shiny figure, the world will be a better place. That much I'm sure of. Peace.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Christians. Jews. Muslims. Hindus. Buddhists. Pagans. Mormans. Gnostics.
[...] If each and every religion was to try to understand each religious sect, minus the cultural differences, and territorial egotistical differences, I belive we would find that each religious entity is related to one absolute God. [...]
If you cut the cultural fat away from it, we are all in love with the same creator. .

If you cut the "cultural fat" away then you would find the polytheism of paganism and some Gnostic systems, the non-theism of Confucianism, and the anti-theism of Buddhism, are still not reconcilable into your wishy washy generic "one absolute God." If these religions are all equally right, and equally wrong, then you have no standard for "evil" when you make statements like, "some make themselves vessels for evil, when they believe their [sic] doing their Gods work."

[edit on 21-5-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Paul, you reply is appreciated. But there was an underlined message that was not picked up. All your thoughts are correct if you're associating your deities with an outside perpective. I said, cultures created those dieties throughout history and standards of living. The point is, that each culture has built their deity, without consulting other cultures. Who in respect to them, have formed each religion from their own isolated belief systems. Of course its a lot more complicated than that, but the point is simply this; our gods are easiest reach from within. All of the religions in the world are a reflection of someone elses epiphanies during their spiritual enlightenment, that have been passed down and swallowed up. But, each and every soul can have their own religion from within. And that religion is not an organized business, but a fragment of the devine. There is only one truth. I figured that would be the easiest thing to agree with.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The problem about religions is their institutions and the people that represent them; besides that, and taking the example of Catholic Church many things do not make sense, and that way, people start seeking their own way to see religion. How can this god they present you so full of love, that will forgive all the bad things you may do, in the end offers you hell if you dont strictly follow the bible ? This is just a tiny example of how ridicolous (sorry if i am hurting someones feelings with this one, but its my opinion) religions institutions can be.

Regarding your post: the way to get there is the one you have described; each individual will find their own road.

top topics

join