It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Conspiracy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Let’s consider and discuss something together, if you would be so kind.

I read all kinds of links, articles, books and pamphlets about how Masons and other fraternal organizations are a part of some great conspiracy, happily pulling strings behind the scenes and causing tumult around the world. I know, by virtue of the fact that you are reading this now, and that you are even in this section of the forum to begin with, that you (most of you, anyway) have read some of the same things. A lot of you buy into it, and I suppose that’s well and good for you...

It occurs to me however, on account of the research I’ve done, and the personal experience I have had with such things, that these accusations and the propagation of falsehoods against Masons may well be the conspiracy.

Bear with me.

If, as I firmly believe, Freemasons at large and indeed the Masonic Fraternity itself are dedicated to the equality of man and the right to be truly free and exercise their God-given Free Will, benevolence and charity, that this runs in direct opposition to those who wish to rule and oppress the people. This country (the US) was founded on the very principles I speak of. It is apparent in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. People who want to rule with an iron fist and be in control of all others would surely be threatened by such ideas; we have seen the effects of this throughout history. Freemasonry is not welcome in totalitarian states, because the ideas and tenets of Masonry are counterproductive to tyranny. We have seen Hitler persecute and harass Masons, we have seen Masonry banned in Iraq under Hussein, and there are more instances. For the sake of space I will leave it at those two, but you get the point.

I think, given the type of men I have met and come into contact with on account of Masonry, that these are the very men who a government (or “shadow” government, if you will
) would want to discredit or straight put out of commission. These are the types of men who would fight to defend the common people and their rights, to the death if necessary, and would be a source of support for them rather than a threat or oppressor.

Perhaps the people who are seeking to control the masses are involved in the smear campaign against the Masons; making them the scapegoats and causing people to fear and misunderstand those who would help and support them when the proverbial doo-doo hits the fan?

I know what side I would be on...

Thoughts?

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Naphtalite]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Very interesting theory, and one which has crossed my mind on more than one occasion.

I would imagine that most of the freemasons who post on ATS have an interest in conspiracy theory or they wouldn't be here. I for one, while rejecting the notion of an organized masonic conspiracy, am quite sure conspiracies exist - usually driven by greed or power lust.

However to believe that a single group is attempting to discredit freemasonry in an organized fashion is a little too far-fetched for me.

1. I don't believe in a supra-national political global elite, and I can't think of any other group who would benefit from discrediting freemasonry

2. Freemasonry has traditionally been an easy target because it is perceived by mainstream thought (the 'sheeple' is a phrase I have seen on ATS) as odd (aprons, rolled up pants, funny handshakes etc), and has until recently maintained a policy of 'no comment' over negative publicity

3. It is also a very sad fact of life that many people are now so cynical about politicians, media, organized religion etc that it becomes very hard indeed to believe that an organization really is genuinely altruistic. Almost impossible, in fact.

Freemasonry is far too much of a convenient scapegoat for people to blame for things that happen to them instead of taking just a modicum of personal responsibility for their own lives, or even just accepting that 'bad stuff happens to good people'.

For my part I accept that there is a great deal of misinformation out there, which creates questions, interest, doubt and even anger about freemasonry. ATS is all about 'putting the record straight' and thats what many people here try to do (not just about freemasonry, I might add).

So if there is a shadowy elite, they must be laughing their socks off at the huge amount of effort wasted on this red herring. Once conspiracy theorists eliminate the masonic link from Bilderberg, Trilateral Commission etc then the Truth may start to emerge. Falsely claiming everyone is a 33rd degree mason, for example, just muddies the water.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

2. Freemasonry has traditionally been an easy target because it is perceived by mainstream thought (the 'sheeple' is a phrase I have seen on ATS) as odd (aprons, rolled up pants, funny handshakes etc), and has until recently maintained a policy of 'no comment' over negative publicity

Myself I do not find this as odd as an organization made up of two seperate classes.
The Female part organization( who as a rulecover all but their hands and face) always at the beck and call of the Males. The Males who wear long dresses and pretty sashes,
the most supreme of whom has a hat that resembles a fish sucking his brains out, and
does its best to protect molesters of children and rapists.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Trinityman:

1. Political? Maybe not. What have the politicians of the world to fear from the Masons? Manipulation of the vote? I’m reminded of the long standing “ham or tuna sandwiches” debate...
If we can’t even decide on that...

What about religious folks though? Zealots throughout modern history have had their go at Masonry, have they not? Most religions, most denominations, have had some kind of beef with us in the past. They don’t necessarily have to be in contact to be conspirators; that is, if you follow the “Masons rule the world” conspiracy theory “logic.” Same thing. Religious zealots do feel they have something to fear from Masonry, because it unites what religions have been trying for centuries to divide: men of different faiths. It’s always “I’m right, you’re wrong, and I’m going to kill you for it.” How many wars have been brought about because of religious ideas? Anything that teaches tolerance and the equality of man and his right to choose for himself what he believes is an enemy to most structured religion, because they want you to believe what they do, period. Otherwise you’re cannon fodder.

Think about it; how many anti-Masonic sites are out there that are posted and maintained by religious organizations? A lot more than any other group.

2. Agreed. We have done ourselves no favors in the past to let lies and half-truths go unchecked. I think the time has come to start setting the record straight, however arduous a task it may be.

3. Agreed. Another divisive technique that could (ostensibly) be attributed to the same “conspiracy” I’m talking about. They (if there is a ‘they’) want everyone to be separated; United we stand, divided we fall. It’s really so simple it’s unnerving to see it happening on such a grand scale. So much for safety in numbers. You gotta wonder where all these people who trust no one are going to be when the poo really starts to fly, you know?

I also agree that Masonry is an easy scapegoat; but then so is anything that operates (in whatever capacity) behind closed doors. I think it’s the religious aspect of Masonry that gets people’s knickers in a knot more than any other thing. Sad, really.

So, organized conspiracy? Maybe not. But conspiracy nonetheless, by some folks’ standards.

I’m interested in hearing what those that are anti-Mason or, at least, find issue with Freemasonry, have to say.

Honestly, what is the big deal with Masonry that you can’t just believe what Masons say? The evidence (or lack thereof) certainly supports what we’ve been saying all along. Why is it so hard for some to believe?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Myself I do not find this as odd as an organization made up of two seperate classes.
The Female part organization( who as a rulecover all but their hands and face) always at the beck and call of the Males. The Males who wear long dresses and pretty sashes,
the most supreme of whom has a hat that resembles a fish sucking his brains out, and

wow that right there shows you know nothing about the organization you hate so much. ignorance can be cured...blind, unfounded hatred is just sad.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Sounds like quite a few Christians I know. Subserviance to men, protection of pedophiles and rapists, ect.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Guys... I didn't intend this to be a Christian bashing thread; I just want to discuss the fact that religious associations tend to have more negative (and largely untrue) things to say about Masonry than others, and then see if we can begin to see why.

Let's keep it civil. I don't want to alienate any certain groups, as I want everyone to feel comfortable posting and sharing their thoughts without feeling like they or their beliefs are being attacked.

I really am interested, but no one seems to have anything to say...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No, I'm interested Naphtalite, I've just have other things to do besides posting to ATS sometimes

What about religious folks though? Zealots throughout modern history have had their go at Masonry, have they not? Most religions, most denominations, have had some kind of beef with us in the past.

Yes, this is true. The masonic principle of Tolerance ('Love Thy Neighbor') come straight from Jesus himself, and yet all the organized churches can do is bicker over who is delivering the 'correct' message. I can see how some of these would be threatened by freemasonry.

But quite honestly I think some of them see each other as more of a threat, and I suspect they don't even understand what freemasonry really is let alone bother to try and discredit it.

Think about it; how many anti-Masonic sites are out there that are posted and maintained by religious organizations? A lot more than any other group.

There are many, agreed. But I don't think its a coincidence that most of these are from the US, a country which has a relatively high proportion of the population as practising Christians (well, on Sunday anyways :lol
. There are no real problems with the Religious Right in the UK because the country is far more secular in nature.

To be honest I don't know where the poor perception of freemasonry has come from. I suspect for entirely different reasons in the UK and the US as the cultures are different and so each has different issues with freemasonry. I don't think the secrecy from the latter part of the 20th Century could really have caused such suspicion without other factors coming into play.

I think we just have to accept the fact that we are everyones favorite scapegoat, and learn to enjoy it. I know I do

top topics

join