It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Immigration seize possible Saddam's merc.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Federal customs agents seized a Mercedes-Benz on Thursday from an Army reservist who said the armor-plated, bulletproofed luxury car likely belonged to Saddam Hussein.

First Sgt. William von Zehle said he bought the car while serving in Iraq. U.S. Immigration and Customs enforcement agents said the car, which was also equipped with loudspeakers and hidden microphones, was being treated as a "possible war trophy."

www.foxnews.com...

Well this has to take the award for the best war trophy! I could'nt see him keeping it too long even if he had got it back to the US undetected. Not exactly the sort of momento you can go shouting about though is it?

I liked the comment about it also being fitted with flamethrowers from the side of the car. From what i recall these are legal and commonplace in S. Africa to deter carjackers. You'd have had to be either very brave or very stupid to have tried to carjack Saddam back then lol!

I wonder what will happen to it anyway? Probably end up a trophy in Bush's cabinet instead of this soldiers.

CX.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19/5/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Shouldn't that be the property of the Iraqi's? Here it is we are supposedly over there freeing them when really people are freeing them of their property. Thats really shameful. Looting the country we are supposedly liberating. That guy must be a clown if he thought he could actually get that thru customs without having questions asked.

CX

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Fair comment but this sort of thing was a regular occurance in the first gulf war too.

I was at the Bremerhaven port in Germany when the lads were coming back, we had skips and bins for them to dump any "momento's" from the war. This was UK and US soldiers and just because it was'nt a car it still amounted to the same thing.

The main reason for confiscating these items was due to the danger involved. Many soldiers were sneaking back AK's and other weapons that they thought would look great on the unit's mess wall. Thing is, many were booby trapped by the Iraqi's, not a good thing. Most stupid thing we ever found were a couple of grenades smuggled inside a petrol tank of a 4 tonner!

CX.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The guy bought the car. It should be considered an import. It's not like it's a weapon or anything. It's an automobile for crying out loud and so what if it's previous owner was Saddam. It's not his any more!

top topics

join