It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banshees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Help! I think I may have heard a banshee tonight... the funny thing is it was while I was talking to a friend over the phone. Im wondering if that means that someone in HIS family will die soon. It was a really eerie sound like a moaning or a whaling.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
That's really weird.
My brain instantly comes up with "someone's tapped your phone and is trying to freak you out somehow" but I dunno, weird.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
That could explain the weird voice I heard coming over my cell phone that one time...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I know my phone line's tapped because I hear clicks when I'm talking to people and sometimes have trouble connecting to the net because they're trying to listen in, have to pick the phone up and tell them to # off before I can get on, works every time though, the silly bastards, hehehe.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
That explains the clicks and I think my buddy hangs up the phone and I have to go "You there????"

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I heard a banshee once, it was very faint, Thing is i heard it on 9/11, exactly one hour before the first plane hit, wierd or what!

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It seems they are only localized in Scottland or Ireland... but they make their presences known to Irish families... Hmmm makes me wonder if Im irish.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Just a question but aren't the Kennedy's Irish?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yes, I believe that there was a thing when JFK took office because he was the first Irish Catholic ever to be president. Or something like that.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Bean Sidhe (banshee) only connects itself to ancient prominent Irish families. Just because Kennedy was famous doesn't make his family get a banshee.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
wait a minute. were either you or your friend talking on a cell phone? network problems can cause everything from clicks, beeps to dropped calls.
if one of you was on a cordless phone, you could have been intercepting someone else's conversation. it's weird, but it happens now and again.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My ex girlfriend was half banshee and succubus.
and i'm not irish.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
wait a minute. were either you or your friend talking on a cell phone? network problems can cause everything from clicks, beeps to dropped calls.
if one of you was on a cordless phone, you could have been intercepting someone else's conversation. it's weird, but it happens now and again.

yes that is possible my cordless phone often picks up other conversations.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Fury,
Sure she was....and I'm the Pope. Hope she gets help for this type of mania. That is wrong with today's youth, they are so wrapped up in fantasy they can't determine what is real or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Clicks mean tapped calls?

The other day I was on a three-way with my buds (all on a hardline), and we constantly heard clicks. We thought that someone was tapping us, but we just played it off.

Glad I'm not in some underground, illegal orginazation.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
where's the member named BANSHEE, maybe then can help us out here?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't know if this is a silly question, but what is a banshee?

top topics

join