It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rightwingpatriot
Now insert those words into any given Hollywood moron and I think the point is made.

Uhhh... your point would be made if the Chicks had actually said anything like that, but you're making it up. If not, then show me what they said.

Can anyone show me where the Chicks or Charlie Sheen have cried about censorship or moaned about people not buying their CDs or DVDs? (And I mean in reality, not in someone's fantasy)

Anyone? ... ...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
rightwingpatriot must be jealous
, nah he doesn't get the point that Sheen NEVER mentioned he was an expert, in my book, as long as he's not promoting disinformation (ignorance) on 911 i'm a Sheen fan Big time. Like i said, ok let's say you lost your beloved dog and a talk show host help you finding it back .. wouldn't be happy the talk show host is celeb ? whatever..

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's a start. www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Here's a start.

What? I don't see them complaining about people buying their stuff.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I have yet to see a celebrity cry when the public doesn't buy their CDs and movies. You guys are making stuff up.

No, the Dixie Twits complained about that very thing a while back.

This new song is in retaliation for death threats they received. It has nothing to do with censorship or CD sales...

Three years ago, the Dixie Chicks were getting death threats for the stands they took on the Iraq war. Now, in the first single from their new album, they address those threats head on.
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

Does that sound like crying about censorship to you? And not a WORD about their sales.

Your position in not strong, Rightwingpatriot. You have been called out and you cannot produce any proof of what you say. Why don't you just admit that these accusations made by you and Carseller4 are entirely fabricated?

Or not. But you should know that what you're claiming isn't true.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Nice try. As usual, fox is spinning something out of nothing.

This is not a public statement, it's a song on their album. It's theri free speech, again, and they have a point.

Because they said they were embarrassed by Dubya, they had their records banned by ClearChannel, people got together, as I recall, to BURN their CDs (except in one memorable instance when a local cop decided that this would be against pollution ordinances or some such and they had to settle for a "symbolic" burning, hilarious), and they got death threats.

At what point does this "right to free speech" become "right to make death threats"? It's just an excuse (like calling someone "unpatriotic") to stifle opinions you don't like. Plus, it's a Goebbels tactic. When he was asked about propaganda and its effects, he said,

"The problem is always the same. How do you persuade an ordinary man to leave his farm, his wife and family, and to make war, to kill? The answer is simple, and it is the same whether he lives under communism, fascism, or in a democracy. You tell him, again and again, that his country is in danger, and that anyone who says different is a liar and a traitor"

Congratulations. You, Anne Coulter and Michelle Malkin just got the Josef Goebbels award for services to propaganda.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Make no mistake , i'd cry anytime for THAT band to die and if they'd receive death threats.. i wouldn't care frankly.

www.youtube.com...

P.s. Don't listen for too long it can stays in the head

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm still looking. I know for a fact that they were complaining about their music being pulled off radio station playlists. But that was several years ago. But don't you worry your purty lil HARD TO CUT head about it...I'll find the smoking gun for ya!

LOL

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
... they had their records banned by ClearChannel, people got together, as I recall, to BURN their CDs (except in one memorable instance when a local cop decided that this would be against pollution ordinances or some such and they had to settle for a "symbolic" burning, hilarious)

And still, they didn't complain about any of that.

At what point does this "right to free speech" become "right to make death threats"?

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, that's not freedom of speech, that's illegal.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I'm still looking. I know for a fact that they were complaining about their music being pulled off radio station playlists.

OK. I'll wait here.

But don't you worry your purty lil HARD TO CUT head about it...

Is that a threat? Is that how you guys handle everyone you disagree with?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I gotta give you that one. A death-threat is illegal and un-called-for.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
RightWingPatriot 5/21/2006 said:

7:14pm

I'm just tired of celebrities shooting their mouths off as though they are somehow more informed than eveyone else. Just because your on TV all the time doesn't mean you have the solutions to any or all the worlds problems.

Quit watching them on TV. Don't listen to them on the radio. Press the "off" button on your remote. Or change the channel.

Seriously, though, I applaud Charlie Sheen for the courage to say what so many of us in this country who don't have his podium are thinking. Thank God for the Charlie Sheens of this world who do more than rest comfortably on their piles of cash and are willing to step out and risk public approbation the way he has done.

Charlie Sheen has a right to express his views, Rightwingpatriot. If you don't like what he says, then SHUT UP! Just kidding. Don't be offended. But that's exactly how you come across. If you don't like what someone says, then you wish they would just shut up, right? And you wish you could make them shut up, right? Well, then, I suggest you remove the word "patriot" from your moniker because that attitude is a slap in the face of the founding fathers. A better moniker would be "Rightwingnazi". Again, please don't be offended. No offense is intended. I'm just trying to get you to think a little about what you're expressing. Capiche?

People with your attitude will be the first to strap on the jack boots. Doesn't that scare you a little? To think that your mind has become infected with that kind of bigotry.

7:28pm

Now insert those words into any given Hollywood moron and I think the point is made.

Name calling. Very impressive argument. You must be a Hannity fan.
Apparently you haven't noticed, Charlie Sheen is a rather bright articulate man.

[edit on 5/22/2006 by dubiousone]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

A right winger posts something to back up his claims...from Fox News! Gotta love it!

Did y'all know that Fox News was gonna have Alex on, but they cancelled at the last minute?

[edit on 22-5-2006 by truthseeka]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ok I get it... Free Speech for Charlie Sheen, but none for the media.

The media is not an individual.

The media's "free speech" often amounts to psychologically shaping the millions of people who watch it on a regular basis and take it seriously.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
www.bravocharlie911.com...

Since when is he an expert? I didn't know that Betty Ford was also a university. His views are exactly that....his. I think it's irresponsible to present your own opinions as fact just because you happen to be in the public's eye frequently.

First of all, the cut on his recovery was just downright ignorant. And as far as the second slice of homespun wisdom you wrote... that's the wonderful thing about the internets, ain't it?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

A right winger posts something to back up his claims...from Fox News! Gotta love it!

I know what you mean, I thought the same thing! How ironic to be using Fox News to back you claim. Too funny.

Someone asked the question doesnt it scare you that people like him would be the first to put the Jack Boots on... That is a really good question that frankly scared the heck out of me, because deep down inside something finally hit home. It wouldnt scare them, I do believe there would be quite a bit of arrousal and pride.

We have become so close to where they want us, the plan of 9/11 is working...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join