It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Law May Require Non-Muslims to Wear Badges (Source Retracted)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In an act reminiscent of the third reich, Iran is about to pass a controversial law in which Jewish people, Christians and other religious minorities are required to wear colored badges to distinguish them from Muslims. The Iranian parliament, Islamic Majlis, passed a law this week in which all Iranians have to wear almost identical, standard Islamic clothing. The law must still be approved by Iran's "supreme guide" Ali Khamenehi, before it is put into effect.

www.canada.com
Iran's roughly 25,000 Jews would have to sew a yellow strip of cloth on the front of their clothes, while Christians would wear red badges and Zoroastrians would be forced to wear blue cloth.

"There's no reason to believe they won't pass this," said Rabbi Hier. "It will certainly pass unless there's some sort of international outcry over this."

Bernie Farber, the chief executive of the Canadian Jewish Congress, said he was "stunned" by the measure. "We thought this had gone the way of the dodo bird, but clearly in Iran everything old and bad is new again," he said. "It's state-sponsored religious discrimination."

Ali Behroozian, an Iranian exile living in Toronto, said the law could come into force as early as next year.

It would make religious minorities immediately identifiable and allow Muslims to avoid contact with non-Muslims.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Iranian regime has several times now proclaimed that the Holocaust was a lie, and now it seems they are bent on embarrasing mostly Jewish people, since this same law was put in effect once before by the Nazi regime.

This goes to show that the Iranian regime does not care about other religious minorities and much less about Jewish people.

Related ATS Thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-5-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What would people who dont believe in god wear? Is this an effort so they can easily identify people for hate attacks because they dont follow their stupid religion?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Apparently this story is being DEBUNKED.

www.940news.com...

You can also see the discussion on the Related Discussion thread cited in the original post.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I suppose time will tell on this matter, but I do recall another historical figure doing such with certain groups, just prior to attempting to annihilate them. Yeah, I got my eye on this one. Bet.
Report About Iranian Yellow Badge May Be Incorrect

seekerof

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The National Post is sending shockwaves across the country this morning with a report that Iran's Parliament has passed a law requiring mandatory Holocaust style badges to identify Jews and Christians.
But independent reporter Meir Javedanfar, an Israeli Middle East expert who was born and raised in Tehran, says the report is false.
"It's absolutely factually incorrect," he told The New 940 Montreal.
"Nowhere in the law is there any talk of Jews and Christians having to wear different colours. I've checked it with sources both inside Iran and outside."
"The Iranian people would never stand for it. The Iranian government wouldn't be stupid enough to do it."

Political commentator and 940 Montreal host Beryl Waysman says the report is true, that the law was passed two years ago.
"Jews should wear yellow strips, Christians red strips, because according to the Iranian mullahs, if a Mulsim shakes hands with a non-Muslim he becomes unclean."

From the previous source.

It appears the original source has dissapeared and the only people who are actually claiming this is true are 940 and an unname "political commentator". They claim the law was passed two years ago, and yet it is absolutely incorrect. The fact that noone is even wearing anything like this show how much crap this article is. It appears to me that this article was made up by a corrupt official who is trying to push for war.

The last qoute is not even a text of the law or any politican, it is an opinion by an unnamed source. This appears to be a hate and war-mongers attempt to start conflict.

I would vote "NO" for source and/or BIAS, but for some reason the only button visible is Vote Yes. Is this a bug or is it just me?

[edit on 5/19/2006 by DYepes]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
All the sources I found for this article on google are either coming from Canada or being linked by other sites using the Canadian ones as their source.

Just what the hell are you Canadians up to?

Look I have here several Iranian news websites, and none of them are reporting this at all. You would think if the "NAZI Islamo-facists" are trying to persecute, they would be parading this stuff all over their own media outlets. They are not.

Iran Daily
Iran News Daily
Iranian
Tehran GlobeTehran Times

These papers and many others fround around the world can be located at Online Newspapers Which I found thanks to Columbia Journalism Review

I have to wonder what the Canadian media is up to here. There will be an investigation. This appears to be intentional defamation at first glance. I am open minded though, so I will throw the idea that perhaps some Canadian Spy agents infiltrated the nation and leaked the reports to their press.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The sole Jewish Member of the Iranian Parliament has denied the accusation.

Jewish MP Denies Iran Badge Plan

Who would be a greater authority?

I think we can now file this away.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The story is now 'Unavailable' on the www.canada.com server

Sucks how they can just retract something said like that... I was looking forward to reading it... Anywhere else have the story?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I understand they are now debunking this but given their presidents past performance, I certainly would not put it past Iran to push for something like this.

Now the conspiracy experts will no doubt say that Israel started this to get back at him for denying the holocaust.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Now the conspiracy experts will no doubt say that Israel started this to get back at him for denying the holocaust.

No but it would probably be more likely Chalabi-like instigators wishing to see Israel become more agressive and the USA behind it in order for their people to come into power. Chalabi had us hook,line and sinker too.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, I have been trying to search for any other links to back this up, but the only thing I could find were links which describe how this was done for a while in Iran until the 19th century and it stopped after the Iranian Revolution.

www.iranchamber.com...

The same thing happened in Spain in the 13th century, when Jewish people were made to wear a yellow badge.

When i saw that link i gave, on my lunch time, I thought it was reliable, and i dind't have any time to look for any more links to back it up.

For now it does seems that this was made up.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The funny thing is that Stephen Harper (canadian PM) showed in the 11 o'clock pm news makeing comments about the alleged wearing colored badges law. That was funny, the story has been debunked and they still show his comment.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
In addition to the Nazi example, and Muslim examples, here is a list for all those "forgetting" the Christian examples. Anybody read the Merchant of Venice?

Fourth Lateran Council headed by Pope Innocent III declares: "Jews and Saracens of both sexes in every Christian province and at all times shall be marked off in the eyes of the public from other peoples through the character of their dress." [3]
Pope Honorius III issues a dispensation to the Jews of Castile.
Archbishop of Canterbury Stephen Langton orders English Jews to wear white band, later changed to yellow.
James I orders Jews of Aragon to wear the badge.
In a special session, the Vienna city council forces Jews to wear Pileum cornutum (a cone-shaped head dress, prevalent in many medieval illustrations of Jews). This distinctive dress is an addition to yellow badge Jews were already forced to wear.

etc. etc. etc.

A list is compiled here:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
What is not mentioed here is the iranian prosucution of of the Baha'is of that country. It originated there in the mid 19th century and have been hounded and proscuted ever since. In the mid 19th century upwards of 25,000 of this new religion were slaughtered and the pograms go on to this day. The current ploy is to identify all the Baha'is of Iran and systematically deny them access to any form of education. Their goal is to force all of the Baha'is out of their own country. As a long standing Baha'i convert myself I have no love for the Iranian government, all the Iranian peoples (all Baha'i refugees) I have met though were wonderful people. But since the Baha'i faith teaches among other things tolerance, I try to understand where such hateful attitudes come from and to make allowances for it but it is difficult.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
By they way Muaddib thanks for posting this but do a little more research and you will find out that in all reality, while the Jews are included, it is indeed aimed more at the Baha'is than anyone else.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I just read through all the posts again and I do hope it is false BUT the Iranian proscution of the Baha'is certianly is not and has been the subject of several UN and US government resolutions condemning it for years now.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Nice try muaddib.

As you can see, you are not dealing with a bunch of naive conservatives, which buy any anti-iranian propaganda, that your PR-O's serve you today.

Do you like get payed by the anti-iranian post or something?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jta79
The story is now 'Unavailable' on the www.canada.com server

Sucks how they can just retract something said like that... I was looking forward to reading it... Anywhere else have the story?

There is another thread on this here that has the original article from The National Post and other follow up articles.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Also see: Behind the Iranian Coloured Badges Psy-Op Story

EDIT: link fixed

[edit on 5/20/2006 by Gools]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Gools , your link comes Page cannot Be Displayed what is this thread , have not seen it here before? Curious about psy-ops referance

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join