It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

us troops shoot iraqis in cold blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A decorated Marine colonel turned anti-war congressman has said Marines killed at least 30 innocent Iraqi civilians "in cold blood" in Haditha in November, suggesting the death toll may be twice as high as originally reported.

Rep. John Murtha, D-Pennsylvania, told reporters Wednesday that he got his information from U.S. commanders, who said the investigation will show that the Marines deliberately killed the civilians.

The U.S. Marine Corps has declined to comment on the report, which initially stated that 15 were killed.

"There was no firefight. There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood," Murtha said. (Watch Murtha level accusations against the Marines -- 1:58)

Murtha, who was decorated for his service in Vietnam, said the death toll may be more than twice as high as originally reported.
"They actually went into the houses and killed women and children," the congressman said.

story - edition.cnn.com...

when i read stuff like this it makes me wish the us would mind its own dam business. first it was the WMD's. there were none. then it was about capturing saddam. then it was about trying to find osama. now its about the fight against terrorisim??? this act makes the americans look like the terrorists!!

what do you think?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Souljah did this story a month ago.

All thats new is Murtha's comments on it, im no mod, but this is best added as a response on the old thread, nothing new here but commentary.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lets all apologize for our troops killing civilians. RIGHT AFTER THE TERRORISTS DO!

Maybe murtha doesn't know that America firebombed Japan in the weeks leading up to nagasaki and hiroshima. I saw Mcnamara on " the fog of war" and he said they destroyed half of japan and burned to death millions of japanese.

It's called colateral damage. happnes in every war.
No thing looks good under a microscope. especially a Marine thats all pissed off because one of his buddies just bought it and some laughing hyena thinks it's funny. I know! I'm a former viet nam era Marine. M60 machine gunner.
If it moves, kill it. Thats war boys and girls.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by shot messenger]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
How very nice...

SO......When you were in nam did tyou shoot kiddies and children becausethey moved?

I hope not

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crackity_Jones
How very nice...

SO......When you were in nam did tyou shoot kiddies and children becausethey moved?

I hope not

no! unplug your ears for a moment!

not that youd ever have to worry about this as your thinking strikes me as someone who can avoid such things ($$$$), he is trying to tell you in WAR....if your in a hostile area and see something moving around or suspicious, you dont wait until it shoots and kills you!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I saw something about this on Oreilly....OK...I watch him.....LOL

Even from him it sounded to me like it was clodblooded murder...not an accident.

I am a Vet myself...and IF..and thats a big if, the investagation isnt over yet....this is true, they should be shot.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crackity_Jones
How very nice...

Crackity,

"Let him who is free of sin cast the first stone."

I take it that by your response, you have been in combat before with people shooting at you and trying to kill you. During this time, you were also able to tell the difference between the good guys and the bad guys, right? You probably also know everything there is to know about everything. You have been there and done that?

Especially in an urban area of operations?

Weird things happen to humans when the adrenaline starts flowing. Some people never even remember pulling the trigger, man. Are they doing it on purpose and evil? Or just trying to survive? It happens to more people than you think. Ask anyone in the US who has been held up at gunpoint who returned fire. Same thing. "Fog of war" says it all.

Not everyone targets innocents on purpose. Anyone that kills in combat (civilians or not) must live with themselves and do not need your smart arse remarks to add salt to the wound and remind them of what they have done. They see it over and over again in their heads every day. Perhaps even decades afterwards.

Your comments make me wonder if you are one of the geniuses who shows up at soldiers funerals to tell their family that their dead will burn in hell or that they deserved to die.

Way to go crackity! You are so civilized and better than anyone else! You get the ribbon of peace and congeniality.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There's a big difference between being at war with the nation of Japan, and being at war with terrorists in Iraq. We're not waging war on the Iraqi people, or rather, we are, but we shouldn't be.

There's no justification for shooting women and children, except self-defense.

The only justification for fighting a war on terror is to stop terrorism. If we become terrorists, what's the point? That's the essence of what we're talking about, isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If these guys did it, they should all hang.

Period.

This doesn't appear to be a case of "collateral damage", where noncombatants get caught in the crossfire. The charge is that they went into people's houses and executed innocent civilians, as revenge.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I am a Vet myself...and IF..and thats a big if, the investagation isnt over yet....this is true, they should be shot.

I agree with you 100%. If they were indeed killing civilians for the thrill and not in self defence or accidental, they should be subject to the penalties and consequenses (including the death penalty) of their actions.

Our service men and women must adhere to the rules of engagement.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
...this is true, they should be shot.

X2

I know how they feel, sometimes it is all you can do to hold back, but they should hold their heads high and take what they got commin ... a 7.62 in the face.

If they did it.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

If they did it.

Thats my point....no one knows yet if they did, usually in this country...even in the Marines we wait till AFTER the trial. If this turns out to be some poor people that got caught in the crossfire...or just in the wrong place at the wrong time....as harsh as it might sound to people that have never been there....crap happens.

But if they deliberately killed innocent women and children....I would shot them myself.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger
Lets all apologize for our troops killing civilians. RIGHT AFTER THE TERRORISTS DO!

Maybe murtha doesn't know that America firebombed Japan in the weeks leading up to nagasaki and hiroshima. I saw Mcnamara on " the fog of war" and he said they destroyed half of japan and burned to death millions of japanese.

It's called colateral damage. happnes in every war.
No thing looks good under a microscope. especially a Marine thats all pissed off because one of his buddies just bought it and some laughing hyena thinks it's funny. I know! I'm a former viet nam era Marine. M60 machine gunner.
If it moves, kill it. Thats war boys and girls.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by shot messenger]

so you are saying because there is a seriouse terrorist orginization in iraq its OK to kill innocent civilian iraqis who did nothing wrong???

i pity you...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Innocent till proven guilty right? I think we've heard enough of the penaltie's that won't be enforced in any case!

new topics

top topics

join