It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From the Democrat's Dirty Tricks Department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
With all of the furor over alleged "foul play" by both the Republican and Democratic Parties, I thought that it would be fun and maybe educational to list DOCUMENTED cases of dirty tricks used by EITHER side at the Federal, State and Local levels. The only reason that I titled this "From the Democrat's Dirty Tricks Department" is that the first news article that I found involves the Democrats. I fully expect there to be a "From the Republican Dirty Tricks Department" thread and maybe ones for other parties as well. I'd love to hear reactions and comments about these subjects, but let's keep the party bashing stuff to a minimum.

The first "Dirty Trick" I found involves the Democratic Party in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania. Penn Hills is a suburb of Pittsburgh, it is also the home of Republican Senator Rick Santorum. Santourm has been specifically targeted by the Democratic National Party for remmoval from office in this November election. One of the tactics being used is the issue of his residency in Penn Hills.

Ed Vecchio of Penn Hills has stated that Santourm doesn't live at his house in Penn Hills. Ed stated to Ralph Iannotti of KDKA News. "He doesn't live here. The house he's registered to vote out of, is vacant -- no curtains, furniture, nothing in there. It's abandon for over a month. So, I feel it's my right to contest his vote." I'd have no problem with this except for just one thing, Ed's wife is head of the Penn Hills Democratic Party.

KDKA News story that contains Ed's quote

I did a little research and found that the requirement for running for the US Senate is that you be a US Citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania for at least 9 years.

Pennsylvania requirements for residency are a little vague, but I did find that maintaining a domicile in Pennsylvania and paying State taxes meets the requirements for residency.

Under Pennsylvania Tax Law a domicile is defined as " the place where a person maintains his or her permanent abode, and where he or she intends to return when ever absent". Pennsylvania Tax Law also specifies that an individual may only have one domicile at a time and that "Your domicile does not change until you move to another state or county with the intention of making your "new" permanent home there and abandoning your previous domicile."

The Law also states "If you move to another state or country, but intend to stay there only for a fixed or limited time (no matter how long), your domicile does not change. Your domicile is not dependent upon continous physical presence. It is not abandoned by absence or even by presence in a former domicile, no matter how long continued, if, in leaving and during the absence there is not firm, sincere, unconditional intention of remaining in the other jrisdiction for an indefinite and uncertain period."

Qualifications to run for public office in Pennsylvania

Determining Residency for PA. Personal Income Tax Purposes

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would respectfully argue that while it may be a dirty trick on the Democrats' side, it's just as equally a dirty trick by Santorum. It might be legal for him to do what he's doing, but I do think it's wrong and unfair to the people he's supposed to be representing. The people should have lived in the area long enough to really be a part of it and know how to represent it.

But who am I kidding? Nearly none of the elected officials actually represent the people in their districts.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I see where you are going. People vote for the candidates they want whether it be dem, republican, liber., whatever. I hate when the opposition party tries to get someone out of office by circumventing the voters with some bogus technicality. If the voters in Penn didn't want the guy, they would not vote for him. The obvious exception is impeachment when it is done formally by other elected officials.

That being said Dems, are much more likely to use this gambit or others:
I like this story:

When all else fails, slash their tires...

sfgate.com.../news/a/2005/01/24/national1242EST0521.DTL

And this is a good one too, Dems get scared when someone attempts to throw a monkey wrench in their voter fraud schemes:

www.cnsnews.com.../Politics/archive/200604/POL20060418b.html

Another clever ploy, terror and vadalism, kinda like to what the old white trash racists would do when black famalies moved into the neighborhood:

www.dailyvanguard.com...

Here is much more:
www.freerepublic.com...

Feel free to post any Republican stuff like the above...if you can find it.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
I would respectfully argue that while it may be a dirty trick on the Democrats' side, it's just as equally a dirty trick by Santorum. It might be legal for him to do what he's doing, but I do think it's wrong and unfair to the people he's supposed to be representing. The people should have lived in the area long enough to really be a part of it and know how to represent it.

But who am I kidding? Nearly none of the elected officials actually represent the people in their districts.

If he was a Congressman I'd have to agree with you, but a Senator's district is the whole State. I have met Senator Santorum several times and actually like the guy. There is no problem in contacting him and the majority of the time you actually speak with him, not some assistant. I have more trouble trying to get my Congressman and he is only responsible for our district.

new topics

top topics

join