It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Diary Contest (Winners Announced)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Dear Diary,

Today I awoke to birds chirping and glorious sunshine streaming into my room. The sweet sounds of the new morning filled my head with promise of a great day ahead. Still stretching on the crumpled sheets, the warm sunlight filtered itself through the blinds, rolling into a patch of light, I let the sun kiss my face before finally opening my eyes. 6:50 am, not bad, it only took me five minutes this time to motivate myself to get out of bed. Feeling for the remote under my pillow, I turn the tv on and listened to the mindless chatter of the morning anchors, when a crash broke my morning reverie. "Mom!!!, I made breakfast." my son yelled.

The above is just a sample of an actual entry in my daily journal. Sometimes I manage only one entry, some days will see several, usually they are for me a way to express and record memories, some trivial, some not. What I have found with my "dear diary" entries is that I am able to convey emotions and feelings that cannot be described with just one word. So I am challenging you all to open up and share with us something personal like a diary entry in which you can express your emotions and share what you may have felt at that moment.

For this contest, the challenge is to write a Dear Diary entry of any memory or personal moment of your choice. The contest will run until June 3rd, 250 words minimum. All entries should be submitted in this forum by starting a new thread with the prefix (DD)

First Place: 3000 ATS points
Second Place: 2000 ATS points
Third Place: 1000 ATS points

You do not need "Writer" status to participate, Anyone can Enter. However "Writer" status will be given to anyone who submits an entry.

[edit on 6-5-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
WW, great idea! I've been waiting for something like this. I'll try to participate, of course, and I expect others to as well. I'm reminded of Joss Whedon's Firefly, of Jayne pretending to read Simon Tam's journal:

"Dear Diary: Today I was pompuous and my sister was crazy. We got kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

DE

[edit on 20-5-2006 by DeusEx]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Kewl beans, I was wondering when the next writing contest was going to be. Does it have to be true or can we just make stuff up as an entry? Or possibly summarize a weeks events into one entry?

I'll have to give this some thought before I sit down to create

wupy

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Has to be true, I'm afraid. However, I believe you may compress a week's events into one entry, if you so wish.

Right now, I'm waiting for something good to happen so I can write about it, m'self.

DE

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
How many entries do we get? I have next week off and plan on just goofing around and writing. I will be laying by the pool and thinking of entries from my life that I could put down as, "Dear Diary" stuff.

This could get dangerously out of control

wupy

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What a wonderful idea!

I've been a member for the past two weeks, and my submission was not accepted onto the main board thread due to my "less than 60 day membership".

I would love to take advantage of this opportunity.

Am I eligible?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
WW

Do we put our entry here? How many words?

Thanks

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
DG-

put your entry in the Short Story forum, with the prefix (DD). There is no real word limit, but speaking as the man who ran the last challenge, it's a real pain to read a novel. Be reasonable, have fun.

DE

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I believed DE has answered the questions posed...but

Any Member can enter the contest. Let's limit the number of entries to 2 per person. Post your story in this forum, just remember to include (DD) in your title.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
...Before I go ahead and post it...I would like to know if I can post a
Dear (dream) diary story ,from a "real" dream I recently had...??

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't see why not cosmokat, go for it.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Worldwatcher.....who judges these entries?
Sorry for the one-liner.....

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well I'm one of the judges and the only "known" judge. Basically I invite members to judge and some members have contacted me showing interest in participating too. Usually we have 3 to 5 judges for each contest. All judges remain anonymous.

btw, if anyone is interested in being a judge, feel free to send me a u2.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I look forward to this contest. Planning on taking my time with this one, in the MUOC I found myself rushing along when I had alot of time to spare.

Edit: Found the Info I was asking for.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by chissler]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Any Member can enter the contest. Let's limit the number of entries to 2 per person. Post your story in this forum, just remember to include (DD) in your title.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I think I'll make a contribution to this thread.

Prepare yourself for some pretty messed-up 'emo' thoughts, of which a copious amount have been presiding over my thought patterns of late. Here's a teaser for you though: "If I was a Samurai in one lifetime, a Druid in another, why can't I figure out what I'm supposed to be in THIS lifetime?"

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The clock is ticking as June 3rd approaches and reading the entries as they've come in has been an enjoyable passtime.

Who will the winners be?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
that's right just 2 more days left, so get your entry in!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Can't believe I almost missed a contest! I've got some trippy DDs from letters I wrote more for my own benefit than anyone elses when I was in the Corps- including a few I didn't mail.

Ah, but what to pick. I got stuff besides from the corps too.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Today is the last day folks, better get those submissions in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join