It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran passes law that require Jews and Christians to wear badges to identify themselves as non-Muslim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
www.canada.com...

Human rights groups are raising alarms over a new law passed by the Iranian parliament that would require the country's Jews and Christians to wear coloured badges to identify them and other religious minorities as non-Muslims.

"This is reminiscent of the Holocaust," said Rabbi Marvin Hier, the dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles. "Iran is moving closer and closer to the ideology of the Nazis."

Iranian expatriates living in Canada yesterday confirmed reports that the Iranian parliament, called the Islamic Majlis, passed a law this week setting a dress code for all Iranians, requiring them to wear almost identical "standard Islamic garments."

The law, which must still be approved by Iran's "Supreme Guide" Ali Khamenehi before being put into effect, also establishes special insignia to be worn by non-Muslims.

Iran's roughly 25,000 Jews would have to sew a yellow strip of cloth on the front of their clothes, while Christians would wear red badges and Zoroastrians would be forced to wear blue cloth.

Sounds familiar, I wonder why they are doing this. It has nothing to do with the nuclear issue. Unless they are trying to get rid of these people for in belief they work for America or Israel in future preparations for war.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It's the new Hitler!.........didn't Nostrodomus predict that WWIII would be started by an irrational (my words) prince.....

Could this really be the beginning? At least afterword there should be a new golden age (hopefully) and I don't mean the glow of mushrooms clouds throughout Iran.......

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Like the article states, reminds me of the Nazi's and their way of branding Jew's.

I was very surprised to know there were Jew's in Iran??

What do they aim to achieve by doing this?
The same reason the Nazi's did??

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Like the article states, reminds me of the Nazi's and their way of branding Jew's.

I was very surprised to know there were Jew's in Iran??

I know man! If I were a Jew, I think I could find a better place to live!!! LOL

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
oh, no, this is bulls$#%

worth checking this out: the israeili guy denying the report

The National Post is sending shockwaves across the country this morning with a report that Iran's Parliament has passed a law requiring mandatory Holocaust style badges to identify Jews and Christians.
But independent reporter Meir Javdanfar, an Israeli Middle East expert who was born and raised in Tehran, says the report is false.
"It's absolutely factually incorrect," he told The New 940 Montreal.
"Nowhere in the law is there any talk of Jews and Christians having to wear different colours. I've checked it with sources both inside Iran and outside."
"The Iranian people would never stand for it. The Iranian government wouldn't be stupid enough to do it."

www.940news.com...

first of all, according to what i have heard, this new law passed by the iranian parliament is to introduce new models of traditional clothing to the market.

Secondly, this bill was put forward by the previous government, that of former reformist pres. khatami.

btw, Amir Taheri is like the chalabi of iran.

Amir Taheri

Mod, please close this thread

KEEP IT REAL

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You might find this islamic source interesting. In a certain way, in old times, the "infidels" living in Islamic world were given some liberties and restrictions at the same time.

If someone is calling Hitlers name now, please hold the mustard -- all sorts of restrictions existed in Europe with regard to Jews a long time before the Reich came to be. Medieval? Yes. Unheard of? No.

Basically, that's the reality of islam -- if they want to control the way their people dress... They must make sure they don't sanction the worng person, e.g. a Christian.

I just really find it laughable that a nation spends so much time on picking the right garment for adherents of a certain religion. Duh.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Already covered here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

beat you by 4 minutes

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

join