It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran eyes badges for all Non Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Human rights groups are raising alarms over a new law passed by the Iranian parliament that would require the country's Jews and Christians to wear coloured badges to identify them and other religious minorities as non-Muslims.....

Iranian expatriates living in Canada yesterday confirmed reports that the Iranian parliament, called the Islamic Majlis, passed a law this week setting a dress code for all Iranians, requiring them to wear almost identical "standard Islamic garments."

The law, which must still be approved by Iran's "Supreme Guide" Ali Khamenehi before being put into effect, also establishes special insignia to be worn by non-Muslims.

Iran's roughly 25,000 Jews would have to sew a yellow strip of cloth on the front of their clothes, while Christians would wear red badges and Zoroastrians would be forced to wear blue cloth.

....The new law was drafted two years ago, but was stuck in the Iranian parliament until recently when it was revived at the behest of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

]www.canada.com... 4a8-282a-4d18-954f-546709b1240f&k=32073

If this is true then the world community Must make it crystal clear to Iran that this kind of behavior must cease and desist. Iran's government is taking Iran down a path of international isolatism.

This type of behavior by a 21st Century nation state must not be condoned or worse, ignored.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by pavil]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Iran's roughly 25,000 Jews would have to sew a yellow strip of cloth on the front of their clothes, while Christians would wear red badges and Zoroastrians would be forced to wear blue cloth.

]www.canada.com... 4a8-282a-4d18-954f-546709b1240f&k=32073

my last comment evidently hit the technical difficulty snag
and was masticated by the computer...

or something else

[edit on 19-5-2006 by St Udio]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Iran may not believe in the holocaust, but they are taking the exact same actions the Nazi's took.

remember, all jewish people had to wear a jewish star on their clothes to be differentiated from others. Once you have separated them from the rest of the population, will come, no ability to work, rounding them up and.........................

As i said, Iran may not believe in the holocost, but i say they are preparing for a second one.

1) this time i hope we don't wait so long as to have 10's of millions die
2 Iran needs to be taken carte of just like Germany did.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Clean up!!!

Isle 5...

To hell with this whole region.... I say we just end the whole middle east entirely.

These backwards stone age bastards have made it crystal clear that they are incapable of creating a peaceful society.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This does sound scarily like what the Nazis did in the 1930's, but I would like to believe that the world had learned a lesson from then.

If Iran is really following the same route, surely they know what will happen?##

EDIT- Creedo, do I smell Nazi? I think I do. The Middle Eastern countries are not, ''stone age basards'', far from it in fact, you've been watching too much TV.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
To all of you who seem to be surprised by this law that is to be imposed in Iran in two months (assuming approval by its religious leaders). In Islamic culture it is acceptable. It is called the Dhimmi status. Their are Islamic laws that restrict a 'tolerated' non-muslim in Islamic society. Read up on the link it makes interesting reading.

Regarding the yellow ribbon for Jews. The Nazi practice of the Yellow star was adopted from Islamic practices.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Scary indeed.... A story this big and I haven`t seen it anywhere else.

People, W A K E U P !

With an islamist revival, I'm afraid this type of attitude can become contagious, unless the world body (UN and other free thinkng states) starts putting pressure on the inciters of hate to back-up and rethink their position.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
First off...
CHECK YOUR SOURCES, and then CHECK YOUR STORYS CREDIBILITY...

you all have fallen for a propaganda gimmick...
this story has already been debunked in the thread that was started later...

the story is a hyped version, for our ears...

The proposal is for new Islamic garb, and has nothing to do with badges...
it was also first introduced by the moderate former leader Khatami.

While the expats are telling us its true,
the jews themselves are honest enough to report that it is false...
we dont need no stinking badges...

and then there are other "sources" that claim that it was passed 2 years ago... but funny... haven't seen the yellow stripes or red badges anywhere...

Think people... for yourselves...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
To all of you who seem to be surprised by this law that is to be imposed in Iran in two months (assuming approval by its religious leaders). In Islamic culture it is acceptable. It is called the Dhimmi status. Their are Islamic laws that restrict a 'tolerated' non-muslim in Islamic society. Read up on the link it makes interesting reading.

Regarding the yellow ribbon for Jews. The Nazi practice of the Yellow star was adopted from Islamic practices.

And this would make it right how?

[edit on 19-5-2006 by palg1]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It would make it right because it's part of their culture and religion, we have no right whatsoever in scoffing or ridiculing it.

Anyway, in light of things said, it doens't even seem that bad.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It would not make it right because it's part of their culture and religion. That is the most foolish thing I've ever heard. You would allow a country to do anything they wish to another culture because it's in their religion?

Some things would make an entire culture wrong, this sort of thing being one of them. This would prove that the people of Iran are following the wrong sorts of people who do in fact have a thought process that takes them to the stone ages. Maybe they didn't. They still should do something about this hatefilled move that would only bring bad things for non Muslims.

It's funny how this religion no longer shows any respect for other relgions or other peoples views. People can't make a cartoon making fun of Muhammad but the Muslims can do something as crazy as put marks on people of another faith? What sounds worse to you??? The best thing is that Jews and Christians wont have violent riots at the level of which Muslims did over cartoons.

Iran can keep making these foolish choices, it only means that they will deserve to have their government changed for them. They do seem to follow the path of Nazi's and something needs to be done before they get out of hand.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Creedo, do I smell Nazi? I think I do. The Middle Eastern countries are not, ''stone age basards'', far from it in fact, you've been watching too much TV.

Pfft... you go right ahead and live with your head in the sand. A little WWII history will show you that Muslims supported Nazi Germany as they were going to destroy their biggest enemy... the Jews!! They have no respect for non-Muslims whatsoever and THAT in itself is a very dangerous way to run a government.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
wow! diyou guys just glance over Lazarus' post or what?!
i read what was said in the link he provided, and it looks like a propaganda tool used to convince the dulled masses of the west that Iran is eeevil and just beggin for war.
at least in my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I never stated that the Iranian behavior was proper or in anyway acceptable. I was mearly stating the facts that discrimination against minorities is rooted in Islamic culture. Moreover the Dhimmi status is given to the 'people of the book" (e.g. chistians, and Jews). Polythiests are subject to forced conversion or death according to Islam.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Lazarus,

I read your link and it is about as informative/definative as the initial link. Notice that I said "If" this is true. Still have yet to see definite information one way or the other. Even in your account it has two people on the same radio station saying opposite things. There is a vacuum of actual facts on this subject and I don't speak or read Farsi, so perhaps someone can help here. The inital report was based on statements from Iranian expats, for whatever that adds to the discussion.

If anyone has any other links to find out the actual truth to the deal that would be great. Obvisiouly, this will need to be checked out at the very least. I put the thread here to see what the ATS community can find out about it.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is showing Iran's true colors. They are now trying to push this law into order incase they are attacked by the US and/or UN (ha, like the UN will do anything). It's funny that they just happen to be rushing through the final stages of it now.

If they are attacked by the US they will have all non Muslims marked for hate filled people to attack. The government would be able to blame it on a minority that is now marked and mobs will be able to make them pay for Iran being attacked. Who knows, maybe the government will help out the angry mobs and gather all the non Muslims up to be punished or kept in camps.

This is their way of showing the US that "you better not attack cause we have your people and others marked." What sick way to run an entire country.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, I hope there are others out there who understand why this is not acceptable. It's good to hear so many condemn this kind of thing. I also hope that this turns out to not be the truth but it seems as if it's legit from what I see. Even if it is true there will a bunch of people who try to state it isn't and it's some bad translation or something

Please don't let this be true, this would be some VERY bad news if a country thought of doing something like this.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just wondering why everyone is saying this is propaganda, The National Post is a very reputable newspaper here in Canada, I read the post and even online they have not stated anywhere that this is bs or retracted their statements.

In fact here is another article from the post regarding this issue.

www.canada.com...

There is also another article involving our Prime Ministers comments but when I try to add another link it wipes out my first one.

Will add link in another post.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There are people over here in positions of power would love nothing more then to see everyone with a chip implant. We can draw parallels between Irans leaders and our very own. Personally I would much rather be forced to sew a patch on my coat then be chipped.

It is what it is, its not cool from my point of view but it is what it is. These are the risks one takes while in a place like Iran.

Anoyone who objects to this can just simply leave....In most cases anyways.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here's the other link regarding PM Harper's comments. He does state that he is not sure if the reports are accurate, but like I said in other post, the National Post doesn't usually print something without facts. This is not to say they are right, just wondering where all the debunking is coming from.

www.canada.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join