It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fett and Pickles ATS sandwhich club

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I would like to demand membership the this sandwich club. I have at my disposal the ultimate sandwich. It is an SMD (Sandwich of Mass Delight). I work in the City of Pittsburgh and we have a little place called Primanti's that makes a sandwich that is world famous.

Primanti Brothers

Sorry, I have to vote "thumbs down."

First, it's a store-bought sandwich.

Second, it almost looks like the french fries/liberty fries are 'ON' the sandwich.

Are we ever going to get past the gimmicks, and into some real sandwichery???

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Man, I have no need to use Avacado right now as I have meat in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Avacado sandwich is better then a salad sandwich. A peice of letucce and tomato is mandatory for all sandwitches with meat, but Avacado isn't. Avacado is needed when there is no meat in the house. You don't put lettuce and tomato on a sandwitch if there is no meat. But when there is no meat, avacado is not needed. So I repeat: I have plenty of meat in my house right now, so no need for Avacados! My sandwitch still wins yours!
australian lobster, jumbo prawns, jumbo primes, garlic toasted bread............................There's so many good ingredients! I can't fit it all on a personal sandwitch. So I stick to the one I mentioned in the beginning without avacodo. There. Peace out.

PS: Don't diss me about eating avacado when you are the one eating WHOLE avacado while browsing the net on your computer

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Russian Soldier,

You're a hoot man. Let it roll!!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I'm actually pretty quiet, put some people bomb on me so much that I let lose a little hoot.
Nothing wrong with that.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Are we ever going to get past the gimmicks, and into some real sandwichery???

I would like to see the specifications of a real sandwich. By the way how many of the other sandwiches posted can be bought in a store or a restaraunt.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Not mine, with australian lobster and all. You definetley won't find it in Subway

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Same here. Asking for a "Trotsky" in some parts of the the country can get you arrested for soliciting.

There may be some commerical sandwiches that have sneaked on here. But if you can get in by just posting the menu from fabulous restaurant, then anyone can get on here.

It's supposed to be your sandwich.

I mean, everything we do sets a precedent. Just say you are admitted with your offering (fries and all). Now what is to prevent the next guy from yelling,

Let Me In ! I've got a Monte Cristo !

External Image.

The next thing you know, people are demanding membership based on frozen sandwiches! Where would it end?

I ask you, from the bottom of my heart.

Where. would. it. end. ?]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The next thing you know, people are demanding membership based on frozen sandwiches! Where would it end?

Exactly!..Dr strangecraft has a very valid point here. Several years ago a member tried to join our society by submitting a sandwhich bought from a petrol station!!

Not only is this a blatant insult to our society but shows the level and lack of imagination that can force members to 'fast track' the art of sandwhich making, that in turn nearly always leads to Baguette abuse.

Take your time, choose your fillings carefully.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I propose that

A) all submitted sandwiches must have at least one slice of leavened bread,* at least 1/8 of an inch thick, on at least the lower extremity of the alleged sandwich.

And

B) the lower extremity of leavened bread may not enclose the sandwich; i.e., major fillings must be visible from the side of the sandwich, so that a reasonable person can conlude that it is in fact a sandwich, and not a "hot pocket" or a hockey puck or some otherwise inedible object.

This rule change* is designed to exclude:

1. Pitas and all variations pertaining thereunto

2. Pierogies, Ravioli, and dumplings of all varieties

3. Anything that is called or could reasonable be construed to as a "hot pocket" or "cold pocket."

4. Burritos, Tacos, or egg rolls; regardless of in-fillings.

C). This rule replaces any and all prior definitions of sandwich as regards bread or breads, but that any sandwich accepted under previous rules remains in effect as long as no sandwich after the effective date of this document is accepted by or under any rules other than these.

D). Where this rule conflicts with the Articles and Bylaws of the Sandwich Club, the Articles of Constitution shall take precedence.

*Note: this rule change is in no way intended to cast aspersions upon any food products, or upon the ethnic or social groups that have developed them. The Sandwich Club celebrates human diversity; and while excluding all items of specifically non-sandwichlike manufacture, upholds the rich tapestry of global diversity, and condones the right of all persons to cosume any Godforsaken thing they choose, sandwich or not.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We need Condadmendments,

Heres my two entrys

Ham and Pickle sandwich

Some ham and pickles between two slices of bread, smeared with mustard. serve cold

and

The KFC leftover sandwich
Just in case you cant finish all of kfcs meal heres a sandwich which makes great use of whats left
the ingrediants in order are:

Bread
coleslaw
chicken breast meat
Fried chicken skin
mashed potatoes
horse radish
Bread

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hi im not a member of the sandwhich club yet , but I wanted to share a particularly nasty experiance with you all.

Last night whilst attempting a primula cheese spread , turkey ham and grated chedder sandwhich.

I had the ingrediants out , I had opend the turkey ham unscrewed the primula and grated the chedder (cornish , extra mature for the record ) fine you might say ? wrong look closely at the ingrediants , whats missing ............. you got it bread , shaking, I gingerly opend the lid on the bread bin .... empty , panicking I looked through all of the kitchen cupboards , the fridge , even the freezer , finally I found a loaf of extra thick Kingsmill in a shopping bag , that hadn't yet been correctly and properly stored and secured.

crisis over let the sandwhich making begin ! but no the little label thing that seals the bread was imposible to undo , I kid you not I was there for 10 minutes trying to get this thing off , finally submitting to my desire I ripped the bread open , in the process damaging 4 slices (complete crust - bread seperation im affraid nothing any one could do about it ) what could I do ? after making my sandwhich , which tasted all the better after the triumph of man over tiny plastic label and id slaked my thirst with a post sandwhich coke I was left with a loaf of bread in complete disaray, four damaged slices and a bag that was completely beyond repair , I attempted a repair by wrapping cling film around the rips , it seemed to hold ........

Tired after a crap day at work I retired when I awoke this morning looking forward to a bacon and HP sauce sandwhich I undid the cling film and reached for A few slices , some things wrong here with the kind of panic , that a sandwhich/bred emergancy can instill in a man I realised that the bread had gone hard , gutted I looked through all of the other slices , they were not any better , I had made the mistake of not properly securing my bread , a error I hadn't made for years, god I felt like a novice not a 15v year + sandwhich designing veteran .

The Kings mill was despatched in to the bin , A tear in my eye as I realsied what a short and miserable existance it had had , and all due to the BLOODY LITTLE LABEL!

Please folks take care of your bread , don't make a mistake like I did i'll have to live with that for the rest of my life.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Tired after a crap day at work I retired when I awoke this morning looking forward to a bacon and HP sauce sandwhich I undid the cling film and reached for A few slices , some things wrong here with the kind of panic , that a sandwhich/bred emergancy can instill in a man I realised that the bread had gone hard , gutted I looked through all of the other slices , they were not any better , I had made the mistake of not properly securing my bread , a error I hadn't made for years, god I felt like a novice not a 15v year + sandwhich designing veteran .

Welcome buckaroo,

so sorry to hear of your loss, its not always easy to find the right words in such a situation but My self and Grand master pickle can only offer you our deepest words of sympathy regarding this matter.

we hope that talking about your loss will help the grief 'disperse' a little quicker although deep wounds take time to heal.

if your having trouble coming to terms with this traumatic experience feel free to call our 'dealing with sandwhich trauma' helpline.

Im sure in the future you'll look back on these unhappy times without pain?

Get back in the saddle, get some new bread (sealed and stored correctley) and carry on.

Once again, your in our thoughts.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Welcome Vegimite!

Its good to see the ranks swelling!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
One more entry, just for those who may want to try it.

Southwest Cheeseburger Picnic

Thick, grilled hamburger on a sesame street bun with:
melted jack cheese
1 green chile, of course (a hot, roasted one splayed open... so hot that every bite is excruciating to the tastebuds, requiring lots of beer, milk or other liquid refreshment after each and every bite) :w:
2 strips bacon
1 large onion ring
chipotle mayonnaise

Serve w/white corn-on-the-cob and a salad w/ lime juice & cilantro vinagrette

Loving this thread!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Thick, grilled hamburger on a sesame street bun with:

This sounds like an excellent hamburger/sandwhich

im sure i dont need to point this out but Benevolent Heratic does have the required licienses regarding chilles...

she also carries the correct safety equipment should something go wrong.

please remember the 6 'P' rule..

prior planning prevents piss poor performance!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words Fett , they have helped me in my hour of kneed (kneed get it you know kneeding the dough for the bread , oh never mind )

Just wondering if theres any rulings re: rolls / cobs that I should be aware of , I myself am a fan of the versatile piece of kit and have been actively advocating its use for a number of weeks now , any thought appriciated .

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Basically, take all of last night's supper and put it between 2 slices:

Pork Tenderloin, sliced very thin
1 tsp. Italian salad dressing
several romain leaves, entire
tomato slice
cooked baby carrots, drained
ground black pepper

Mash it down, slice from one corner to the other, making two triangles.

Eat it with some "sour cream and ranch" dorittos (we didn't have those with dinner, but they were in a bag on top of the fridge.

Remaining piece of key lime pie to be eaten seperately.

P.S. As I type this, the phrase "coffee sandwich" keeps percolating up through my subconsciousness. I'll keep you posted.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
im sure i dont need to point this out but Benevolent Heratic does have the required licienses regarding chilles...

she also carries the correct safety equipment should something go wrong.

Thank you for mentioning that fett. I sometimes forget the number of chile amateurs out there who don't know how to handle the hot ones...

This made my mouth water:

And this one... I can smell it. Where I live every fall, these roasters get set up outside the grocery stores and people buy big old bags and have them roasted right there. The smell of roasting chiles fills the air all over town!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hey Optimus Fett, how is my sandwitch WITHOUT avacado?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Hey Optimus Fett, how is my sandwitch WITHOUT avacado?

excellent my friend....truely excellent.......

at the moment advacado is a slightly sore subject....i actually believe its evil reincarnate..but until the governing bodies rule otherwise, it will just have to stay.

be safe..thats all i say......advacado = 666..the mark of the evil fruit.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join