It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fett and Pickles ATS sandwhich club

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
LOL whoever tagged this

it is spelt 'sandwich'

Well done

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I know that I am not an expert in sandwich making like some other ATS/BTS users, but here goes my favourite type of sandwich.

2 slices of "Pão Alentejano" (a kind of bread from the South of Portugal, usually weighing 1Kg and baked in a traditional oven heated with fire) if possible from the highest part of the bread.
2/3 slices of fiambre (Gammon? I do not know the English name for it)
2 slices of cheese (especially the one made with ewe milk)
some lettuce
butter on the bottom slice of bread

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
God knows I don't want the following to spin out of control and wreck the wonderful aura already established here. I also realize that I probably receive a sever reprimand and possibly even loose what little credibility I have, but it has been eating at my very soul and I can't ignore my feelings any longer. I am prepared for your scorn and I shall hold no malice if you decide to cut me up like so many cocktail finger sandwiches............this is so hard........here we go..

The bagel

I know it's a despicable perversion but sometimes I use them for my sandwiches.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The Morning Heart Attack.

Consumer Warning
Please do not consume more then once every 3 months
Consuming this sandwich more than reccomended frequency will cause hardening of the arterys, love handles, pot belly. We reccomend going for a 2-3 mile jog after eating sandwich.

Toasted Rye Bread
2 slices of thinly cut roast beef cooked until slighty crisp on the edges.
2 slices of smoked honey ham cooked until slightly crisp on the edges.
2 pieces of virginia hardwood cured bacon.
1 fried egg, yoke slighty runny.
Topped with "home fries" style potatoes.
One slice of smokey sharp cheddar.
One side of bread coated with mayo, other side of bread coated with wasabi mustard.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by redbrotherqing]

[edit on 19-5-2006 by redbrotherqing]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Locally baked 20 grain bread dressed with helmans and whole grain dijon and a squirt of ranch dressing. Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, roma tomatoes, vidalia onion, dill pickle, romain, german salami, black forrest ham, jalapeno flav. havarti and a handfull of plain lays.

yum

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hmmm...

A Fett, Pickle, and ATS sandwich. Does'nt sound too tasty.

I'll have a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato club, please.

[edit on 5/19/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I would like a sandwitch with white Italian bread, roast beef, lobster, tomato, lettuce.

Pretty simple sandwich (no cheese, mayo, sour cream, or none of the like..etc)

PS: I hate cheese, yet I eat Cheez its and pizza. I hate sour cream, yet I eat chips flavored sour cream and onion, I hate mango, but I drink mango juice. What's up with that?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

PS: I hate cheese, yet I eat Cheez its and pizza. I hate sour cream, yet I eat chips flavored sour cream and onion, I hate mango, but I drink mango juice. What's up with that?

sounds like you don't like the textures but you do like the flavors...maybe?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My favrite sandwhitch would have to be......toasted cheese and ham with a bit of pepper sprinkeld on top mmmm lovely

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I spilled my guts out here about my bagel fetish and nobody even notices.

Just what kind of inhuman, callous monsters are you anyway?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
That b***l comment didn't go unnoticed Whaa...for shame :shk:

My weapon of choice is pretty simple:

Soft white bread, any hardness around the crusts and it has to go in the bin. 2 Bernard Matthews "Turkey Burgers", a thin spreading of philladelphia, some relish, some grated mature cheddar, crispy lettuce, and a dash of Worcester Sauce.

The cheese is the most important part. If it's crumbly and strong, your onto a winner. If it's that "fake" Rubbery tasteless filth, shoot yourself in the face, after shooting the sandwich.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by chebob]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Ive arrived at my office this morning...(The ATS Sandwhich Club european head quarters of Europe, based in Portugal) and i am torn between happiness and disgust.

Its wonderfull to welcome several new members but this has been shadowed by the reference on 1 occasion to the Baguette and the Bagel.

Unfortunatley the evilness and stupidity of a few members have ruined it for the masses, Pickle and i now have no option but to install 'Baguette' detectors on the entrances to our societys function rooms.

I will be reviewing your recent submissions this morning and praising and flaming several members.

Once again i think its worth mentioning a growing trend towards 'warm' or 'hot' sandwhiches, please,please,please refrain from mentioning these tasty but potentially lethal cullinary delights until we have released our 'Heated sandwhich' safety guide (coming shortly).

We thank you again for your co operation.

p.s. for those interested, Sandwhich TV will be screening a repeat of their classic documentary...."Cheddar and Pickle madness" later on today, this is a must for any member wishing to indulge in any cheese based sandwhich.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Oh yeah, and it ain't any normal sandwich... it's all enclosed in the best baguette ever.

xerod88.....get out......

i think this should be a warning to any one thinking of taking crystal meth.....

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Welcome....

Benevolent Heretic,
Cpr12r
Jbondo,
12M8keall2c,
chebob,
Marto Bagg
Russian Soldier,
Mechanic 32,
Census,
Redbrotherqing,
crooked Blue

lets keep those sandwhiches unique....but safe...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I have pondered long and hard on this subject and have decided, and I may come to regret this, to enlighten you all.

I’ve noted that some have made a mockery of this subject and have therefore chosen to deal with this in a clandestine manner, those members will receive a meeting with my elusive brethren in the early hours, lit only by an open fridge.

Now to the matter at hand.

The Poverty Purple People Meater

Ingredients:

3 slices of “Hovis Best of Both”
2 slices of , deli acquired, corned beef
Sliced pickled beetroot
Heinz salad cream (no light or diet varieties)
Butter or a quality spreadable equivalent (Clover or I can’t believe its not butter are acceptable)

Stage One
1a. Spread butter or equivalent on the first slice of bread, lay butter side up on the kitchen counter.

2a. Apply your 2 slices of corned beef.

3a. Spread butter or equivalent on the second slice of bread, only this time place it face down right on top of the aforementioned corned beef.

Now some novices may think they have actually completed there sandwich, but hang on a minute we still have ingredients left.

Stage Two
1b. Spread butter or equivalent on the last layed slice of bread,

I know….I know, it just sounds crazy but stay with me on this.

2b. Now place, evenly across this layer, slices of the pickled beetroot, ensuring you shake off any excess vinegar whilst removing it from the jar, this reduces, by a factor of 10, the impending sogginess which is renowned in the sandwich industry and associated, in the main, with pickled vegetables.

3b. Spread butter or equivalent on the final slice of bread, but prior to laying this butter side down on the layer of beetroot, apply salad cream to taste, this may be applied as a spread across the final application of butter or equivalent, or squeezed directly on to the aforementioned pickled beetroot.

4b. Place final slice of, now buttered slice, face down on to the salad cream coated (my favoured approach) pickled beetroot.

WARNING
This sandwich should not be attempted by the novice sandwich maker

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Sugar Sandwiches - anyone ever had them ? they were my favourite as a kid !

What about a chip buttie !

Making me hungry just thinking about them .

JM

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

This sandwich should not be attempted by the novice sandwich maker

Firstly Koba...welcome to the Club...

Secondly..i think you have demonstrated perfectley..'Extreme' sandwhich making.

As you rightly mentioned in your quote i have added above....a 'tripple decker' is a sure fire way to get injured if your not properley trained....the standard 'duplex' or '2 slice' retro sandwhich can be completed with the minimal level of sandwhich making skills....but its all too common these days for a 'Newbie' to race ahead into unchartered terrirtory....it nearly always ends in disaster.....your lucky if you can walk away with just 'sogginess' or a 'lob sided' build failure.

Do the relevant research and practice the basics before attempting risky sandwhich build combinations.......and with risk of stressing the point...please,please where the relevant safety attire.

Thank you.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Some one tagged this "Wierdos"

SO sandwich making is for wiredos ehh? Well dont come crying to us when your next sandwich has to much butter , not enough lettuce , or you injure youself making a triple delux toasted on one side rye bread sandwicth of peril.....dont make my mistake i made a mistake and ended up in a wheelchair a sandwich can be deadly in the wrong hands :shk::shk::shk:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   

What about a chip buttie !

Welcome to the club Sir!

'the chip buttie'

This sandwhich has gone down in the annals of sandwhich making history!

A little back ground information

The 'Chip sandwhich' or 'Chip buttie' was first invented in 2356 BC. Originally without bread being available the would be 'Chip Buttie' maker would fry sliced potatoes and then place them between 2 pieces of dried mud...alternativley (depending on location) this was sometimes replaced with 2 pieces of wooly mamoth or shark fin...

The 'chip buttie' first gained real notiriety in ancient Rome when Emperor Nero was reported to have eaten chip butties whilst Rome Burned.

I think its also worth noting that Plato made constant references to 'chip Butties' being the staple diet of the Atlanteans.

It is not un common for archeologists to continue to find egyptian and Aztec Hyraglyphs depicting the gods eating the 'Chip buttie'.

And let us not forget the temples of Angpur quat in Cambodia, clearly designed on the '8 Decker' 'Chip buttie', a remarkable piece of engineering and sandwhich construction.

Many thanks for your contribution.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

SO sandwich making is for wiredos ehh? Well dont come crying to us when your next sandwich has to much butter , not enough lettuce , or you injure youself making a triple delux toasted on one side rye bread sandwicth of peril.....dont make my mistake i made a mistake and ended up in a wheelchair a sandwich can be deadly in the wrong hands

Marto's got a very valid point here.......mock us.....and suffer the consequences.

if i made a list of the people i know whove lost limbs through 'over buttering' you would be shocked.

However Marto, rest assured that a payment is on its way from our 'member protection' fund to ease your suffering and assist in your medical care and rehabiliitation....i know you'll never walk again but just like in the 'Great Sandwhich Wars' of 96'...."we dont leave our people behind"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join