It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please No More Flashing Advertisements

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by horusthechorus
Make people pay for using this site.

I mean, if they really value this place, why the hell not?

I think that would sort the men from the boys and make people put their money where their mouth is.

Love ATS as much as you say? Prove it.

We pay by making interesting and well thought out informative posts, thank you very much.

[edit on 20/5/2006 by Sauron]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
We pay by making interesting and well thought out informative posts, thank you very much.

I doubt that pays the hosting fees, domain names, bandwidth charges etc. I'm talking about standing up and supporting something you love, in a financal sense.

It's simple really, you hate the ads, so put your hand in your pocket and stop complaning.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by horusthechorus]
Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by horusthechorus
Make people pay for using this site.
I mean, if they really value this place, why the hell not?;
I think that would sort the men from the boys and make people put their money where their mouth is.

I really don't think that paying should be required, but I remember looking for a donation button one day. I mean, why not just put a little donation button somewhere. Do it through PayPal (I know, I know, they're not always the best). I mean, even if its ten bucks a month, I think there are enough people who care on here that if financially able would be able to throw a little bit of money in ATS' direction. At least enough to put a small dent in the cost. I know I have gone through sites before, and if I liked the site, there would have a donate button, and even though I've never been to the site before, they gave me the info I wanted. So, I figure why not, I drop them 5 bucks. Not alot, but if you look at some of the counters, if every person did that, they would prolly not have to worry about much.

The reason I don't think it should be a requirement to pay is that a lot of people on here may not be able to. At the same time, I think part of the appeal of this site to outsiders is that there are so many members on here, and such an incredible wealth of information. This is the only place I could think of going where not only is a theory debunked if untrue, but you can actually follow the logical steps in debunking it. Whats left is people that have worked through something to an end. That's cool. But some people wouldn't be able to afford it, and I think that would lessen the quality of all information coming in to this site.

Just my two cents..

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

[edit on 20/5/2006 by Sauron]

EXACTLY RIGHT!
There will NEVER be a day that it costs someone something as cheap as money to post on ATS. No... The ONLY cost is and will ever be our Member's GENUINE well thought out perspective on the issues at hand.

Springer...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thats judging that all posts are well thought out and informative
I really don't think that the banners are that bad, and they are vital to the running of this board. However, if each member had to pay 10 dollars to get on for a year, which i would be completely willing to do, ats would have like 640,000 a year. Probably some good money

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Thats judging that all posts are well thought out and informative
I really don't think that the banners are that bad, and they are vital to the running of this board. However, if each member had to pay 10 dollars to get on for a year, which i would be completely willing to do, ats would have like 640,000 a year. Probably some good money

I honestly believe that if you put the opportunity up for donations and recurring donations that it would be unnecessary for people to be charged for a flat usage plan.
Look at me, I would more than likely donate at least $10 per month. That means with your usage plan, I would be covering 11 people on my own anyway. Imagine what other people may donate. I think a donation box (just an option, but visible) would be a good thing. Honestly, along with the ads (I know it would be incredibly difficult to filter out which ones actually flash, and which ones are just... well, flash.

Think about it, ye three amigos, a little extra cash for this site is not that bad of an idea, especially if it's voluntary!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I don't mind the flashing so much as the little yellow guy that yells HELLO to me sometimes.

I would pay for this site though. It really is that good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join