It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just hire a hybrid? or something else?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You/he may be thinking of a chimera, an animal with two distinct sets of chromosomes; it happens with unknown frequency in humans. It occurs when maternal twin zygotes fuse during the first few days of gestation, sort of the reverse of the blastocyte splitting which leads to fraternal twins.

My guess: your newbie has a "history" with the authorities, and got rounded up during some investigation or other. They took blood for a DNA or blood-type match or drug screen, which he apparently passed, since he's working with you and not in prison. He either didn't or couldn't understand the proceedure, or, more likely, doesn't want to admit he was suspected in a rape/murder or whatever, and pulled the "I've got special chromosomes" story out of the air (or from an episode of CSI: Las Vegas -- third season, wasn't it?).

It just sounds like a version of "Hey, man, it wasn't my fault!"

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I asked the opinion of a biologist acquaintance working on the genome project at Wash U. in St. Louis about the description in the first post. His input is that 3 strand DNA is extremely unique, and the parts about 4 or 5 strands or anything locking or unlocking is ?????????

I agree with rand, I think your newbie is involved in something he may not want to disclose. So he took advantage of your 'genius'.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by vietifulJoe
Interesting story and ideas here....

I started college at 25, what that makes me? Retard?

I don't know why I feel like I want to totally agree with you about that.

There might be many reasons....

6th sense?

My bad English? (second language)

Pucking war that took 5 years of my life...

And list goes on...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have three thoughts about this thread.

1) You are fairly narcissistic, young one. Expand wisdom and get outside the cardboard box that defines your ego.

2) If you all sense that something is 'up' with this guy, then he is definitely sending out 'bad vibes'.

3) It is quite possible that this individual is on the fringe of reality, and that he was a suspect in a case where they wanted his dna. Many people, particularly those on the fringe of reality, fantasize about their special powers. This individual may in fact be a normal man. Or he might simply be a deeply troubled man with some natural abnormality to which he holds deep attachments: he may be a chimera. He may have less inhibiting proteins attached to his genes. He may have an extra chromosome (I knew a nice young man like this when I was young.) To me, these special factors are less relevant than the intense effect this emplouee has had on you.

What strikes me is the extent to which he strikes you. His story of being special, and having special circumstances, parallels your own. Yet you see your talents in the positive light, and see his in the negative. Now, don't get me wrong., I say your instincts of this guy are probably right (Especially considering all of your relatives concur.) But it strikes you strongly enough for you to seek answers here.

I'm not sure you will be able to get a real answer as to who he is. I personally doubt he is some kind of hybrid. More likely, he has some deep troubles that come to the surface that he cannot contain. But anyway,

Lets focus on you. How would you compare and contrast a description of your self-professed special powers with the special circumstances surrounding this indivudal? How does he relate to your self-image? I would guess that these things trouble you at some level.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Interesting story and ideas here....

I started college at 25, what that makes me? Retard?

I don't know why I feel like I want to totally agree with you about that.

There might be many reasons....

6th sense?

My bad English? (second language)

Pucking war that took 5 years of my life...

And list goes on...

Don't worry my friend. Was a innocent joke

p.s. Your English is just fine!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mbuhir
I'm a 17 year old genius, graduated high school at 16...

This is the most hilarious/annoying comment i've ever read.
Maybe in 10 years you'll realize how stupid sounds that.

¿genius? Arquimedes, daVinci, Mozart, Newton, Einstein, Gauss, ...
Those guys were genius!!!!!!!!! show a little respect please.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by segalindoa]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
First off, I didn't say that he was indeed a hybrid. I'm just asking for all your thoughts on this guy.

I'm definitely not the "omg uber so smart" kind of genius, but I'm very smart compared to most kids my age. Take a look at a lot of kids in this generation and you have to admit, there are a lot of idiots (of course the same could be said about any generation I suppose).

If I'm such a genius why am I working at a sushi resturaunt? I don't know what scifi movies you've been watching, but just because you have an IQ of 148, doesn't mean the government is going to reward you with some lab job. I work at a sushi resturaunt because I have to pay for college classes.

I didn't ask for ridicule and for people to scream "hoax" I just wanted people's opinion on this guy. Granted he's obviously got a bad track record with the police if they came to his house in the first place, but the extra strand/chromosone thing seemed like an interesting topic, and when I joked and said hybrid he seemed to take it very seriously.

Edit: Best not to leave questions unanswered around here

Lets focus on you. How would you compare and contrast a description of your self-professed special powers with the special circumstances surrounding this indivudal? How does he relate to your self-image? I would guess that these things trouble you at some level.

He makes lots of mistakes and doesn't like being told what to do from someone 5 years younger than him. It bothers me yeah, and I keep my eye on him whenever I get the bad vibes, but after working with him for awhile I don't have as much of a problem with him anymore.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Mbuhir]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What nationality is this guy? I am assuming that you and your grandfather are Asian?

Is he a legal citizen?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm half mutt (several different nationalities) and half native american, my grandpa is half native american and half african-american.

I remember this guy saying something about being a swedish chef, he has blonde hair, but I don't remember his eye color because I try to avoid eye contact with him.

I've been reading this thread over the past few minutes and noticing replies I hadn't before (I'm reading a book at the moment so I missed a few replies). It's possible he's a chimera or has an extra chromosone or something. Then again maybe he's just pulling my leg altogether. I've already suggested to the owner of the resturaunt to get a background check on this guy, but he said it wasn't necessary.

edit: spelling

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Mbuhir]

Dae

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
As far as your guy goes... I would think your gut is telling you that you have a sociopath, or other unstable personality... we of the sixth sense, can identify this, but rarely pin it down...

Im going for this explanation. Ask your dad and co if they have ever had this bad feeling about people before, Ill be surprised if they say no. My gut feeling is 'personality disorder', red flags are the usual sign of their presence. Be friendly/polite but dont trust, is my advice

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
As far as your guy goes... I would think your gut is telling you that you have a sociopath, or other unstable personality... we of the sixth sense, can identify this, but rarely pin it down...

Im going for this explanation. Ask your dad and co if they have ever had this bad feeling about people before, Ill be surprised if they say no. My gut feeling is 'personality disorder', red flags are the usual sign of their presence. Be friendly/polite but dont trust, is my advice

Thank you very much for the advice. I'll keep an eye on this guy but he probably just needs to be kept in normal conditions. I won't lock him up in the fridge or freezer or anything...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What he is still a human..lol...Just become friends with him, im sure he is pretty cool. I mean no offense against race or anything but could you mind telling about what he looks like, hell i heard hybrids (heard as in read on ats) have very large foreheads, black hair most of the time, and really big eyes. Well they would seem big.

OH yea and you are lucky for being a geniuses, i mean its not every day were someone of your skill and intellect might come across a person that may be a hybrid or a genetic mutation showing the evolution of mankind...Think of something.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

I'm sorry there's a few things about your story that I have a problem with...

First off a bit of a background on myself and then a background on my employee.
I'm a 17 year old genius, graduated high school at 16, and I'm already enrolled in college and a manager where I work.

First you say you are a manager, then you say you are a head Chef...

I'm the head chef at a Sushi and Korean Barbecue resturaunt,

And then...

We talked about it a bit and then he said he'd call and tell my boss. Turned out- my boss had the same feeling about him and told his wife (Who is the manager) to keep an eye on him.

Can you clarify this ?

Then in the title you say "Did I just hire a hybrid? or something else?"

But yet according to this you don't have any control over who is hired...

I only train the new guys, I don't have any say in who gets hired and who gets fired.

So...did you hire this person or didn't you, can you clarify?

So...I'm having a hard time believing you, your story is full of holes ( you being a genius should have caught this )...

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Jedi_Master]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigmakoy
Yes, PlausibleDeniability, I think you should answer that question.

I'm not saying what Mbuhir posted is true. But I was kinda putoff by what you said above.

Please explain, my friend.

Amazing, I had no idea there were so many child prodigys working in the culinary industry. My apologies.

I dont see how you are put off by what I said. Its just my opinion. I think if you have such incredible intelligence it could be better used elsewhere. But like the other chef said, maybe he just likes cooking.

He obviously made a point in telling us (multiple times) how intelligent he is, but why? It has nothing to do with the rest of his story about his hybrid coworker. A lot of people, like myself, are empathetic and are in no way a "genius". Like the post above this says, his story is full of inconsistencies. It also has a very similiar feeling that the rest of the hoax threads had. My point in all this, I think either he or his coworker is full of it.

Or maybe the new guy is just a little crazy, since you had that weird vibe and all. I met a guy on the bus once who said he was Jesus, and my uncle said he worked at area 51 and chased aliens into the desert. He even had a pretty detailed story to support it. Point is, they were both nuts, absolutely insane.

Just something to think about...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
OK being a child prodigy mysely....

I came of age at the age of 73..

I have developed quite a reasonable sense of foreboding/empathic skills myself..........yakity yakity yakity

sorry. i,m just thinking..yeah ,,anyone can post a generalisation

ok this guy appears to be posting from his point of view rather than a scientific/speculative point of view. but you know!!

how many other guys were ridiculed before their theories were proven.

newton/columbus/einstein???

give him a chance to prove the world is flat before throwing him off the edge of the world please

i,m not saying i,m convinced but..
how many of you would feel stupid if this turns out to be true???

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i do NOT want to invade anyone,s privacy but by any chance do you have a photo of this guy.

i was joking but i am really empathic

maybe i can get a vibe from his photo.thnks if you can

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I also have a sixth sense too and my BS senses are flying off the radar.

Its either a hoax (which I think is true) or the other guy is a liar.

There are so many threads with people proclaiming that theyre special or theyve seen something special but I think the OP is trying to con everyone.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If you are a genius then please impress me with your skills. I think this is total BS, everything about your story smells of lies.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think you're just a know it all 17 year old who is a bad judge of other people.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by grasshopper]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'd be interested in seeing a photo of this "suspected hybrid" as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join