It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw pics of US soldiers on the internet and..........

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just to ask a question:

Do US servicemen and women get allowed to own a "personal weapon" once they reach SGT/CPL level? I know that this happens in the UK military there are many cases where NCO's will use thier own weapons. Another noting that relates to iraq and AK-47's, Cololnel collins of the irish rangers used an AK-47 as his personal weapon infact he was stated as having as many as 3 withing his reach during most of the invasion.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Do US servicemen and women get allowed to own a "personal weapon" once they reach SGT/CPL level?

I've wondered the same thing about the US military. My intuition tells me no you're not allowed to have own personal weapon, but I'm sure it happens. I bet there are guys in Iraq carrying personal sidearms for sure even if its just extra backup like a .38 on the ankle etc...

THe special forces like Delta and Seal team 6 use all kinds of exotic weaponry, but do they get to choose what they want and then it's purchased for them, modifed at their own armory etc??

I know if I was in Iraq and say a tanker that was only issues a crappy 9mm I would get my hands on a bigger bore sidearm or take a captured AK, maybe even saw it off for ease of use getting in and out of tank, hummer etc...
Ideally I would want something like a Tavor MTAR-21 if I was a tanker, pilot, or crew memeber.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
WheelsRcool, a Lt. recieved the highest possible award from the Navy for killin 1 insurgent and for spending his munitions in several different weapons?

Hardly seems likely.

Do you know have the article for this? Can you prove this in any way? The Navy Cross seems a very unlikely award for such a small action that any hooligan can pull off. I'm not trying to bash him, but the Navy Cross is a very prestigious award given to those who truely deserved it, killing 1 insurgent and spending all your munitions doesn't seem to fit the profile.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow, I havn't been on the weapons forum in a while.......And to think that I used to go here everyday.

Anyway on topic, I'm gonna be a Russian soldier, but I will try to own as many weapons as I can. I'm very into weapons. That'd be cool if they let you own personal weapons. I will and nothing will stop me.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The reason is not the quality of the rifle, but not to draw any attention towards you.
The locals in Iraq often got AK's, every family may have 1 rifle and they use it for parties and weddings, firing in the air called happy shootings and they shoot all the time. also on clan wars a lot.
Nobody would notice a AK fire but M16/M4 will draw attention. and thats not always friendly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join