It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania's Lochness Monster- Photos Taken Feb. 2006

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This story is beginning to branch out. Check out all the replies posted at

Cryptomundo

Some very interesting comments and the story has still not been debunked.

33 posts to date. Will let you know when I get the reply back from my friend that lives in the area.

I found this post interesting:

well hey! there have been reports in the past of something navigating on land between loch morar, i believe it is and loch ness, also sightings by sheep herders in the low hills so why couldn’t a creature make its way to another water source man made or not.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
JIMC5499 : hey , thats the sort of first hand " boots on the ground " kind of info we need

good luck , and tight lines on your fishing trip

and if you can -- do they print fishermans maps with " spot depths " etc printed on them @ the tackleshops in the area -- if so can you bring one back to scan ??

and if the area really is only 2 feet deep --- can you get a pick of you stood where the " monster " is -- up to your waist in your waders -- that would be a sound debunk - lol

I usually go in September after the summer crowds wind down. US Geologic Survey Map is what you want. Only problem is that they don't do depth soundings on lakes like Raystown. I'll see about the picture of me standing in the water though.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
im not from the huntington area but ive spent time camping out on raystown lake for the past 18 falls and raystown lake is a man made lake thats pretty damn big. The thing is their are almost no tributaries running out of raystown, especially ones big enough to hide one of these things. so unless somebody put it there, i doubt that things in raystown lake

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
that is clearly photoshopped, my friend is good at photoshopping things and mocked the person that tried that haha
personally, i am really bad at photoshoping things
xXxDanixXx

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi
I am from the UK so I have no knowledge of the area in question. However someone above mentioned that this place was a reservoir?

res·er·voir ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rzr-vwär, -vwôr, -vôr)
n.
A natural or artificial pond or lake used for the storage and regulation of water.

Is it a natural or artificial one? If artificial then how the hell does a plesiosaur get into that.

I first agreed with the log statement until I saw and read your analysis of the photo, at which point I will have to agree with that.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My family is from Huntingdon and I have been around the dam for 43 years. My grandparents had land taken for the new dam in 1970's. I actually watched houses being bulldozed and burnt to get rid of those that would be under water.

I have never seen a monster in the lake and will not comment one way or the other on Raystown Ray. I fish and swim and did plenty of boating on the new lake. My dad has a boat shop in the area and we tested plenty of boats on the lake. He does lots of repairs at both Raystown Resort Marina and Seven Points Marina.

Lake Raystown was formed by the damming of the Raystown Branch of the Juniata River. The other Branch of the Juniata River is the Frankstown Branch, which becomes the Little Juniata near Alexandria/Petersburg, PA, then joins with the Raystown Branch east of Huntingdon, PA and becomes officially "Juniata River". The Juniata is formed by many tributaries, all small creeks and streams and the Juniata flows into the Susquehanna River near Harrisburg, PA. The Susquehanna River flows into the Chesapeake Bay, Atlantic Ocean.

A hydroelectric plant was first in early 1900's and the flooding was still bad so the Army Corp of Engineers took over and built the current dam and there still is a hydroelectric plant. The depths to the lake with the old dam was 60 feet in some areas. With the current dam, there are spots over 200 feet deep. I understand there were "fish steps" on the old dam to let spawning fish upstream. I actually have pictures of them, but not scanned into my computer. So, even with the first dam, upstream of the dam was accessible to underwater fish. When it flooded, the old dam spillway was under feet of water. Also, along the Juniata (and Little Juniata) is the old canal. This river was used to transport commercial products in the canal era of time.

We have landlocked salmon in this area, that the state record was caught just below the spillway. I have seen stripers caught on the lake that weighed 50 pounds - state record caught on the lake of 53 pounds 12 ounces. I also knew an older woman who had her toy poodle (fell overboard) ate by a large muskie. Record muskie on the lake was 52" long. Since the new dam filled up, fish have grown to huge "monsters". I know that within the first 5 years, people caught 2 feet long goldfish in the lake, those dumped by families that had to move.

frysingerreunion.org... is a picture of the current dam. The earth and rockfill dam extends a lot further to the right than the picture shows. The dam (earth and rockfill) is 225 feet high. www.jcwp.org... & www.jcwp.org... shows the lake side so you can get an idea of how much water is usually behind all that "dirt".

raystown.org... shows the old dam, downstream side. The building on the left is the hydroelectric plant that still resides underwater.

I know a couple of caves were submerged when the dam was shut and the water backed up. There was even Sheep Rock Shelter that is now underwater and was excavated right before the dam was closed to preserve the history of it.

I provided the above info so anyone wondering if Raystown Ray could be real or not has some info on the lake itself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join