It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

i have a family of masons

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
ok so me and my dad were watching the history channel about the freemasons and their influence of america and what not when he said to me " did you know your grandpa, 4 of your uncles and great grandfather are masons?" and it was such a shock cuz i had no clue that i had family members that are part the society. I knew he wasnt just messing with me or anything because a month or two before i had gone to one of my uncles funerals where the speaker stated that my uncle was a grandmaster or something of the masonic lodge but at the time i just dismissed it.

so my dad says that masons are jus all around good people who help out with the community and neighbors and what not..also all my uncles that are masons have the exact same watch that is given to them for joining.

but i really would like to ask my grandfather and uncles about being a mason and im just wondering how i should go about doing this....




posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Maybe you can ask why masons are almost always in positions of authority in our society and often wield power? I'd like an answer for that question, just go and ask.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Maybe you can ask why masons are almost always in positions of authority in our society and often wield power? I'd like an answer for that question, just go and ask.


Who are these Freemasons in power? What world leader is one? What corporate executive is? Who is in media? Always generalities... Never a name. :shk:

As for your family Big_BIRD, just ask them... they'll be happy to tell you about it (don't expect any "secrets").



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Seconding Mirthful's post. Just pose the question as you did here. I only wish I'd been able to ask my grandfather about the Masons.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
ya i dont expect to get any kinda of deep secrets since i know most members are kept in the dark from the higher echelons of power or rank or what ever they call it...i think members are sworn to secrecy anyway



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big_BIRD
ya i dont expect to get any kinda of deep secrets since i know most members are kept in the dark from the higher echelons of power or rank or what ever they call it...i think members are sworn to secrecy anyway


It might be good to hear the way things are from someone you can trust.


In the dark indeed.

Enlightened Monkeys, not just for rank echelons of power anymore...


MMP

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am in a similar situation. I have a lot of relatives that were masons (a couple are still around but I have no contact with them). All of my great-grandmother's brothers were masons. Both of my great-grandfather were masons and their brothers. For some reason my grandfather and his brothers were invited to join by various family members but they all neglected. I wish they hadn't, I'd like a connection to get into the organization.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
ya my dad was invited to become a mason but he refused for some reason..

to b honest i wanna join jus to see what its all about



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
No one needs to be invited. All you have to do is go to your local lodge and ask for a petition. Fill it out and turn it in. It does not happen over night.
As to the fact of people being asked to join...... I was not asked nor have I ever heard any of the masons that I know ask anyone to join. If something ever came up in conversation my father only told them about the petition. I am still a First Degree Mason but then again I only filled out my petition about two and a half months ago.
Hope that helps.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This thread is not about a conspiracy! Why does this thread exist?

Hey, one time I met a guy who was a mason, wow...who cares!!



-- Boat

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Boatphone]



posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Any member of any Masonic lodge that you visit or hear about is going to tell you the same thing. Whether or not these members are being kept in the dark by a greater heirarchy of Masons is still the subject of debate. In fact, almost every member I have ever talked to is under the impression that the Freemason society has only been around for a few hundred years. Those that would paint the masons out to be secretive imperialists would claim that they have been around for far, far longer than that, and have had their tendrils in every major scandal since the dawn of time. However, there is RARELY any evidence to corroberate such a claim, and I really don't understand why it matters. If the Masons ever were a part of scandal and 'cloak and dagger' intrigue, then the organization and its current members have long forgotten the stories. Also, here is a question: Out of all these members and all the centuries that this organization has supposedly existed outside of our "known" history, why is it that not a single man has ever leaked any secrets? I'm sorry, the answer that they are just that secretive is just not acceptable. The infallibility of man is absolute. The odds of EVERY SINGLE ONE keeping the secret is just not plausable. Even if they 'killed' them or something, I find it odd that no one has ever even heard of a few things that might have been covered up later. No, the Masons are just a charitable organization that would like nothing better than to continue helping people in the name of God. And if there happen to be members in political positions, good for them. I say they got there because of the morals upheld by the order and the support of their members, not because of some conspiracy to rule the world. Face it, the evidence for this theory is weak, at best.



posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big_BIRD
ya my dad was invited to become a mason but he refused for some reason..

to b honest i wanna join jus to see what its all about



I thought that you have to ask to become a Mason and that no one is offered? I could be wrong though.



posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia
Any member of any Masonic lodge that you visit or hear about is going to tell you the same thing. Whether or not these members are being kept in the dark by a greater heirarchy of Masons is still the subject of debate. In fact, almost every member I have ever talked to is under the impression that the Freemason society has only been around for a few hundred years. Those that would paint the masons out to be secretive imperialists would claim that they have been around for far, far longer than that, and have had their tendrils in every major scandal since the dawn of time. However, there is RARELY any evidence to corroberate such a claim, and I really don't understand why it matters. If the Masons ever were a part of scandal and 'cloak and dagger' intrigue, then the organization and its current members have long forgotten the stories. Also, here is a question: Out of all these members and all the centuries that this organization has supposedly existed outside of our "known" history, why is it that not a single man has ever leaked any secrets? I'm sorry, the answer that they are just that secretive is just not acceptable. The infallibility of man is absolute. The odds of EVERY SINGLE ONE keeping the secret is just not plausable. Even if they 'killed' them or something, I find it odd that no one has ever even heard of a few things that might have been covered up later. No, the Masons are just a charitable organization that would like nothing better than to continue helping people in the name of God. And if there happen to be members in political positions, good for them. I say they got there because of the morals upheld by the order and the support of their members, not because of some conspiracy to rule the world. Face it, the evidence for this theory is weak, at best.


Oh my God!

The voice of reason cries out in the ATS wilderness

Mr. Franklin said it best:

"The only way for three people to keep a secret is if two of them are dead."

The most insightful thing I heard on tonights "documentaries" is something to the effect that as Masons we have trouble deciding whether to have ham or tuna sandwiches after our meetings, much less agreeing on a plan to control the world.

From my experience, all Masonry provides is a place where individuals can gather to affirm that everyone should have the right to his or her beliefs without fear of persecution,whether political, religious, or philosophical.

Ask yourself this

If Masons are as omnipotent as some claim, then why does THIS website still exist?




[edit on 5/19/2006 by tylerdjp] sp. and more sp.

[edit on 5/19/2006 by tylerdjp]



posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big_BIRD
ya my dad was invited to become a mason but he refused for some reason..

to b honest i wanna join jus to see what its all about


This is probably what will happen:

1. You'll go through the three degrees of the Blue Lodge, find them mystical and charming, but lacking in any "secrets" that would be of interest to non-Masons.

2. Becoming interested in the Masonic system, you join the Scottish Rite and go up to the 32°, and then join the York Rite and become a Masonic Knight Templar. You are becoming fascinated with the beauty and elegance of the ritual, enjoy the fellowship of the fraternity, and began to get involved in Masonic charitable causes.

3. Then you come to ATS, explain to the non-Masons that anti-masonic conspiracy theories are bogus, and let them respond by saying you're just spreading disinformation or that you've been turned into some sort of reptilian changeling, or something to that effect.

I've seen it happen before.




[edit on 19-5-2006 by Masonic Light]



posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final

Originally posted by Big_BIRD
ya my dad was invited to become a mason but he refused for some reason..

to b honest i wanna join jus to see what its all about



I thought that you have to ask to become a Mason and that no one is offered? I could be wrong though.


It does happen, but where I'm from it's not the norm, is a personal choice on behalf of
the two men involved and not meant as any sort of recuitment.
When it does occure the two men have a strong bond, such as father and son or close friends.



posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Maybe you can ask why masons are almost always in positions of authority in our society and often wield power? I'd like an answer for that question, just go and ask.


Who are these Freemasons in power? What world leader is one? What corporate executive is? Who is in media? Always generalities... Never a name. :shk:

As for your family Big_BIRD, just ask them... they'll be happy to tell you about it (don't expect any "secrets").


Saddam Hussein - 33° Freemason
Tony Blair - 33° Freemason
Yasa Arafrat - 33° Freemason
Jesse Jackson - 33rd Degree Prince Hall Freemason
Dr. Norman Vincent Peale 33° Freemason
Most Reverend Geoffrey Fisher 33° Freemason
Rev. Francisco Calvo 33° Freemason
Gen. Douglas MacArthur 33° Freemason
Gerald R. Ford 33° Freemason
Franklin D. Roosevelt 33° Freemason
Sir Winston Churchill 33° Freemason
Harry S. Truman 33° Freemason
J. Edgar Hoover 33° Freemason
Gene Autry 33° Freemason
Walt Disney 33° Freemason
King Hussein of Jordan 33° Freemason
Ronald Reagan - 33° Freemason (on sight), Knights of Malta, Rosicrucian Order
Benjamin Netanyahu - 33° Freemason
G. Bromley Oxnam - 33rd Degree Freemason, friend of Billy Graham, head of the FCC churches
Henry Kissinger - (Committee of 300, P2 Freemasonry, Knights of Malta, Bilderberger)
Prince Phillip - 33° Freemason



posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yes, you've posted this list before, I'm getting a distinct feeling of deja vú.

The problem is... its complete rubbish. Lets look at the Englishmen on this list:

Tony Blair - not a freemason
Geoffrey Fisher - don't know, but don't think so
Winston Churchill - 1st degree freemason
Prince Philip - 1st degree freemason

Why does everyone always have to be a 33 degree freemason



posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
seridium, look up to the right of your screen, it says you have X# u2u's. That's private communications, click on it, I've sent you one.



posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Maybe you can ask why masons are almost always in positions of authority in our society and often wield power? I'd like an answer for that question, just go and ask.


Who are these Freemasons in power? What world leader is one? What corporate executive is? Who is in media? Always generalities... Never a name. :shk:

As for your family Big_BIRD, just ask them... they'll be happy to tell you about it (don't expect any "secrets").


Saddam Hussein - 33° Freemason
Tony Blair - 33° Freemason
Yasa Arafrat - 33° Freemason
Jesse Jackson - 33rd Degree Prince Hall Freemason
Dr. Norman Vincent Peale 33° Freemason
Most Reverend Geoffrey Fisher 33° Freemason
Rev. Francisco Calvo 33° Freemason
Gen. Douglas MacArthur 33° Freemason
Gerald R. Ford 33° Freemason
Franklin D. Roosevelt 33° Freemason
Sir Winston Churchill 33° Freemason
Harry S. Truman 33° Freemason
J. Edgar Hoover 33° Freemason
Gene Autry 33° Freemason
Walt Disney 33° Freemason
King Hussein of Jordan 33° Freemason
Ronald Reagan - 33° Freemason (on sight), Knights of Malta, Rosicrucian Order
Benjamin Netanyahu - 33° Freemason
G. Bromley Oxnam - 33rd Degree Freemason, friend of Billy Graham, head of the FCC churches
Henry Kissinger - (Committee of 300, P2 Freemasonry, Knights of Malta, Bilderberger)
Prince Phillip - 33° Freemason



Jesse Jackson - 33rd Degree Prince Hall Freemason (A mason but not a 33rd)

Ronald Reagan - 33° (Not a Freemason) Last President who was a Master Mason was Henry Ford.



posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
i have never in my life ever heard that saddam was a mason, can anyone confirm this? i've been in Bagdad, and was there when the first masonic temple was established at the begining of the war. so how could he be a mason where there was no temple in bagdad to start with?

Please dont come back saying there was you just didnt look hard enough crap....i was there, there was NO DAMN temple in bagdad untill a few soldiers, marines, and one navy officer created it.




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join