It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year old mother in Britain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is exaclty what happens when the parents dont raise there offspring right. Horrible, this is a pathetic disgrace. The parents dont deserve to be free.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
It was the girl's fault, too. What was she thinking!?! By the way, they were charging the 15 year old boy with rape!!!!! Can you believe that?!?!?! He's not 18 or older! That is BS.The girl wasn't overwhelmed-she got drunk by choice . She consented. Now she is happy about being pregnant. SHE IS AS GUILTY AS THE 15 YEAR OLD BOY!!! He isn't fully mature either, you know. And she is old enough to know how to say no.
Girls FAULT? lets examine the word GIRL because in this case it REALLY applies. She is not a young woman she is a CHILD! The boy is a teenager and old enough to know better.. far more knowledgeable of consequences than a little girl. This is just so infuriating.. I cant even begin to tell you how mad it makes me. I would like the smack the hell out of the mother of the 11 year old. That woman should be put in jail for what the neglect and lack of parenting. No 11 year old should ever be in a position that this one was in.. drinking .. smoking and having sex.
Its just WRONG! all of it!!!!!
It makes me sick.

Jesus people if you are going to have sex and have kids.. RAISE THEM!

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't know the law in Britain, but the age of consent in most states is 15-18. It may be 16 in Britain.

Just because a boy is underage, doesn't mean he's off the hook as far as statutory rape. An 11-year-old girl cannot legally give consent, so that's not an issue. I believe they go by the age difference if they're both underage. And 4 years is plenty. This boy could most likely be charged with statutory rape if he lived in the US.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
She's still a child. He's in his teens. I'd say he's borderline pedophile. That's good that they're charging him with rape. An eleven year old CAN'T give real consent.

True dat. Legal limit for consent is 14 in Canada, don't know what it is elsewhere. They talk of raising this limit, but I highly doubt that anyone that really feels like it follows it anyway.

I think its kinda stupid for the government to limit bodily functions, though. Its like telling you you can't pass gass within 30m of a city limit or make any noises other than talking or breathing whilst in school. Sure, they can say it but nobody is gonna follow it.

Besides if they're below 14 who gives consent
? The parents? Doesn't look like that would do any good in this situation anyway. If the mother is proud, then she probly woulda gone along with it had the girl asked.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Well at least the 11 yr old wants to do so. Give the kid a shot-I seen 9 yr. olds take better care of kids than my parents did

Besides this was done all the time 800 years ago. What's more, the guys could been 50+ in years. And the only lived a couple years past 60.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hvae yall done with the British bashing now? Read through this thread man alot of folks dont like the british thats fine yanno... Just remember you lot over there in America have had things like this in the past... chidlren being exploited for sex, child molestation... so think about that the next time before yall take the morale high ground and start slaggin us british off.. end of rant

The legal age for consent to sex in the UK is 16 years old....

The 15 year old should be charged with rape. He tried to say that he didnt know she was 11 years old ( aye oks), can tell the differrence between an 11 year old and a 15 year old! And both parents should be held accountable for this not just the 15 year old...

Its a break down in society thats to blame for this.... Kids nowadays
get away with more things than my generation did when i was 11 - 15 years old..

But to let her keep the baby, No I would not like to see a baby brought up in an enviroment like that. (very sad), And Ii do not think anyone else would Llike to see a baby brought up in a home enviroment like that...

[edit on 20-5-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not to say that anyone is wrong on this, and I'm not trying to defend the parents, but....

Where is the mention of the drunken male, and the female smoking and drinking? All I found was a news item about an 11 (now 12) year old girl who got pregnant and seems not to care.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
More news about the Scottish girl. This item was made on the 12th May 06.

The boy will be prosecuted too.

I cannot believe the mothers comments either. I don't think she understands the seriousness of what her daughter has just gone through.

Take a look here.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Society is on a downward spiral when it comes to sex and minors. Children aren't being children anymore

btw, this thread is being moved over to Social Issues

please continue the discussion .....

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
was it moved to social issues because it isn't current any more?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I wish I had read this thread before I posted the first time.

She was obviously physically mature enough to get pregnant.

This girl needs help, support and love. That's all. She's pregnant, she's going to have a baby. Get over it. I'm sure she's stressed out from all the publicity.

I can't believe some people here made this out to be a British thing! That's just stupid. Like being British had anything to do with it. It could just as well happened anywhere.

Here in America, our 12-year-olds get pregnant by rapists.

Police Looking for Rapist of 12-year-old

Man Accused of Impregnating 10-year-old

Pregnant 10-year-old to Keep Baby

I think somebody owes th British a sincere apology.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Two reasons for the move, yes it's really not "current" anymore and secondly it is not an "event of major world importance".

Pregnancy among preteen and teenage girls is getting to be a fairly common thing, actually the nineties probably saw a higher rate of teenage pregnancy than we do today, but it is still a problem. Promiscous children, lax parenting and the changing morals of society are all factors in this problem.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I think somebody owes th British a sincere apology.

Its fine, i for one can handle it, as I'm sure the British here can.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This reminds me of what happens when a priest rapes a little girl. The entire catholic church is then looked down on in general.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Two reasons for the move, yes it's really not "current" anymore and secondly it is not an "event of major world importance".

Pregnancy among preteen and teenage girls is getting to be a fairly common thing, actually the nineties probably saw a higher rate of teenage pregnancy than we do today, but it is still a problem. Promiscous children, lax parenting and the changing morals of society are all factors in this problem.

for real? It seems to me that the amount of teen sex is INCREASING. Pregnancies may have decreased because of birth control and abortions, but if not that, it would be increasing. It really has decreased? Well, good job teens.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I tend to agree with you, Russian Soldier, that it is as much the girls fault as the boys. the girl was only 11, but 15 is not much older, and the boy is still a kid himself. 11 year old girls just aint as sweet and innocent as they used to be.

This sort of thing does happen in the U.S. and in many other countries, so I dont see why we need to apologize to the British here. Its an international thing. hell, in some countries, girls as young as five have had babies.

www.sexualrecords.com...

It is pretty sick though. At age 11, my interest in boys was purely limited to their use as punching bags or experiments into how many insects could be shoved into a human mouth at one sitting. Drinking, smoking, and screwing didnt come into the picture until I had joined the army, and even then, I was old enough to know the value of contraceptives.

We had sex education begin when I was ten years old in school. We learned about contraception when we were 13. That was America. Surely Britians education system, being more advanced than ours was, does teach birds and bees and the like? Much less resistance from the right wing religous nuts over here. Yet even with sex education, kids were still screwing in their early teens and having babies. It really boils down to parental responsibility.

Sadly, it does not faze me that an 11 year old gets pregnant. Ive have noticed that girls as young as ten are walking around dressed like whores and behaving in a manner more suited to 20 something college girls having a good time. And of course, the parents are partly to blame as well, if they cannot instil some sort of sanity and responsibility into their kids. Pregnant 16 years are one thing. but 11? In the US, youre still in elementary school at that age playing with Barbies!

It happens all over the world, and more so in developing countries, where there is alot less stigma attached to sex with kids (in some countries, its believed to cure people of venereal disease, which is why VD is big amongst the young in places like Africa and Asia).

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
wow, Skadi, interesting link, I mean GROSS. Well informative too. Too young is gross and too old is gross. 20s and 30s are the time.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I dont see why we need to apologize to the British here.

You don't. The reason I said that is this:

ugh! sometimes the british disgust me.....

I dont know whats worse.....11 year old pregnancies or the peculiar habbit off sucking their thumbs into their pre-teens.

This does happen all over the world. It's not a British anomoly. That was my point about the apology.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I heard about this in papers! Girls smokes tons of packets a day, mum takes drugs, councial fla, underage sex! Its a scandal! Im only two years older than her but i would never do anything like that untill im old enough

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

It was the girl's fault, too. What was she thinking!?! By the way, they were charging the 15 year old boy with rape!!!!! Can you believe that?!?!?! He's not 18 or older! That is BS.The girl wasn't overwhelmed-she got drunk by choice . She consented. Now she is happy about being pregnant. SHE IS AS GUILTY AS THE 15 YEAR OLD BOY!!! He isn't fully mature either, you know. And she is old enough to know how to say no.
Girls FAULT? lets examine the word GIRL because in this case it REALLY applies. She is not a young woman she is a CHILD! The boy is a teenager and old enough to know better.. far more knowledgeable of consequences than a little girl. This is just so infuriating.. I cant even begin to tell you how mad it makes me. I would like the smack the hell out of the mother of the 11 year old. That woman should be put in jail for what the neglect and lack of parenting. No 11 year old should ever be in a position that this one was in.. drinking .. smoking and having sex.
Its just WRONG! all of it!!!!!
It makes me sick.

QFT. Nicely said, NephraTari. It's comments and attitudes like the one you are quoting that help to lead to these situations. It's high time that more and more people began to deny ignorance!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join