It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year old mother in Britain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have researched this story to the hilt. I find it very sad, and i wonder how a young girl at this young age could have come to this position.

I will not make any comment on the girls mother, nor the boys parents, but i , as a responsible parent, does wonder how this came about. OK, i know how pregnancy occurs etc, but how this was allowed to happen in the first place is beyond me.

It is a heart breaking scenario. I wish all the best for the young girl, because she is going to have to do this alone. After all, she has no real mother figure to look up to, or rely on.

This is going to be rude awakening to adult life for this girl.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
one word...

ABORTION.

solution to all problems.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
one word...

ABORTION.

solution to all problems.

maybe, maybe not.

11 year old having to come to terms with being pregnant, and an 11 year old having to come to terms with the trauma of abortion?

I understand where you are coming from, but this could have been avoided in the first place with decent and caring parents.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This ain't surprising to me, Britain has some serious white trash. A 2 year old told my uncle (something very unpleasant) so by 11 years of age it makes pefect sense that they are already smoking, drinking and having kids.

Note for Mods: Yes i avoided the censors but nobody would be able to guess what the kid said if i didn't, so save it.

(Mod Edit: Circumvention of Censors) - Note for Member: Yes, you avoided the censors. Please abide by the T&C and avoid doing it again in the future.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
this is truely sick (girls lucky she isnt in an arab country would be in big doo doo)
schools need to do more to combat these and looking at the kind of role models
they look up to (sex sells on tv) this isnt supprising,

anyone read about the family where all 3 girls have kids
11,12,14 mother let her girls have boys stay with them and make out right next door.
she blamed the school

on most cases blame the parents they should keep their kids in line

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My mother is a midwife and over the years she's taken care of girls from the age of 9 upwards from bad communities. Situations like this are why you USE PROTECTION.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The world needs to get more civillized.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ok, this is way too much. I do agree, what parent in their right mind would encourage their child to have a child? In the US I see way too many times where it is verbally discouraged, but the parent fails the responsibility of making sure the child does such. My own thoughts, is that as a society, and society, there has to be a line that is drawn, and this is beyond what would be considered normal or should be acceptable. I am not overly religious, but even I remember when growing up a girl getting pregnant before 18, well lets just say there were a few words that were used. My own opinion, if they do allow this, they do need to take the child from this girl and definately take her and her siblings out of that home as it is not fit for them to be there. And sterilize the mother. After all if that girl has that many siblings, her mother really does not need any more in the house. I do not believe it is a healthy environment for any of those children.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Oh my god.... This is sick... Ugh.... god... perverted 15yearold... Seriously when youve only got a decade and a few under your belt theres a lot of difference in age with 4 years. god... think proportions... disgusting... why an 11 year old... god... ugh... stupid bastards like this really dont do good things for MY health... gonna puke... god... what is up with this stuff... really... dang.... omfg... cant even discribe how dumb this is... 11year olds shouldn't be having sex anyway... I mean #... not even 15 year olds should really... # an eleven year old... god I hate the world... life is worth it the world unfortunately not... god... why does stuff like this happen... I mean dang... wth...

I wonder what the guys name is... If I knew it I'd hunt him down... bastard

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is a sick and depraved act of course. You will also note my opinion on a solution for these unfortunate circumstances.

But when you start talking about woo bad the world is and questioning life, consider that we are merely animals, the most powerful and intelligent animals on Earth. Nearly every animal in the world engages in these kinds of things, including incest and cannibalism. It is merely acts ingrained into all life. As advanced as us humans are, the law of numbers will ensure that there will be some individuals who have either forgotten or simply been unable to educate themselves on supressing the primitive animal instincts in most all life on this planet.

Rest assured these very few, and uncommon cases should not bring down your faith in the world and human beings. We must simply continue to educate our people on how and why we need to supress these most primitive instincts to a certain extent.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm not questioning life... Just humanity... we always think that we're so much better than this... I mean if it was a 3rd world country.... but britain... god... 11years old... last time I checked thats generally to early for it to be physicaly possible... or is that guys...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As I stated it is merely a law of numbers. You have a certain amount of population that is subject to social classes, social discrimination and inequalities, or simple lack of education. With all the lives being lived, you will come across a certain one that is pretty screwed up. Almost similar to random birth disorders or physical mutations, except the subject is sopciety and human lives.

Humans are icreasing literacy, access to drinkable water and power, and boosting education and standard of living all acorss the globe everyday. Of course this case is quite an emotional and angering one. However it should not be placed on the top of your judgements for humanity. It is an isolated case. It is not as if the British elementary school system is pumping out drug addicted, alcooholic smoking pregnant children on an assembly line.

Please reconsider your judgement on humanity. Garbage people like the ones posted about are not worth losing touch with your people for.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sadly, this type of thing happens all too often, even in civilized countries. And believe it or not, there are way worse things! WAY worse! Man!
How could all this stuff happen in life? I know of things that happen in life that make this incident look like candy! Some things are best not to know, because if you do know them, you start to look at life from a different angle. We are given the gift of life, but things that happen in life...........especially if it happens to YOU.............. This stuff happens like every minute, and it seems to be INCREASING! Yeah, I'm sure this kind of stuff is increasing. I mean this stuff was always around, but its more and more common now.
I'm dissappinted at what's going on on earth. Imagine in 100 years! Will it be common for 8 year olds to be pregnant? This is bs. I hope I don't ever see any of this sick stuff in my lifetime. bs

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
In this age of moral decay nothing should suprise the public anymore. No doubt the pundits will wring dry the why's and wherefores of this sad situation. The Social services, education system, parent and the teenage father will all fall under scrutiny of the public. Irresponsible parenting is at fault here and perhaps social influences. Whatever anyone thinks this child is the victim of circumstance and I hope in the future its rites of passage are paved with better morals than those who created it.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
maybe, maybe not.

11 year old having to come to terms with being pregnant, and an 11 year old having to come to terms with the trauma of abortion?

I understand where you are coming from, but this could have been avoided in the first place with decent and caring parents.

i know but the fact is this hasn't been avoided and she is pregnant. surely this is an illegal pregnancy as they were both underage, under the influence of alcohol, again illegal at their age, and well we can only guess perhaps what other drugs they had. but we know they did two illegal things... why do we have laws against this stuff, if nothing is done when they are broken?

one, she should be made to have an abortion. an 11 year old should not be having a baby, let alone sex.

two, why is there a law saying you can't drink if you're under 18, then if 15 and 11 years olds drink...nothing is done. what's the point in that law.

something just needs to be in place to protect these laws. she smokes 20 cigarettes a day...again illegal. she has underage sex, drinks underage, and smokes underage...something in the law needs to be changed so it can affect her. i'm not sure what, but like i said what's the point in these laws if nothing can be done. she's 11 for christs sake.

i mean we spend more time at school than we do at home as children, schools need to take responsibility and understand that they are just as much bringing up us as our parents are. a mix of moral decay, poor parenting and poor sex education has led to this. get better sex education in school, and starting teaching younger children, and somehow teach parents how to be parents, and that's 2 out of 3...it's a good start.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Doesn't it come down to govt, social services, the education system and the law all finally having the courage to make and enforce laws to inhibit this kind of behaviour, which in itself is part of a wider pattern of behaviour each one feeding into the other. We've spent far too much time making allowances and shifting blame over the past twenty or so years, we need to start putting personal responsibility back in it's proper place in all this. I'm not advocating a return to some dark age of reppression and immovable social mores that see those who fall outside it's boundaries as outcasts but surely to God there is a balance between social responsibility and personal responsibility, compassion and common sense. I really fear that if we don't tackle these problems soon, things will become so bad that truly harsh methods will be employed in order to restore order out of chaos.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The schools do the only thing they can do. They have flyers and teachers and counselos that advise the child against these actions and explain the consequences of them. They can not physically take children into a chamber, strap them down, and blast them with education and physcial punishment. Many of these kids appear as angels at school, so what can the system do about that? In the end an adult allowed them to have a party somewhere unsupervised. An adult gave them the ability to access alcohol, either that or they stole it.

Please do not fall victim to believing this is happening on an unprecident scale. If you were to go to a thousand homes wth families, veyr few if not none at all are even close to this kind of situation. That is a fraction of one percent. That is nowhere near the kind of ration to being feeling like humanity is falling apart.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

Being pregnant is only the beginning. The trauma of a 9 month pregnancy, birth, the decision of what to do with it and then either giving it up (and wondering for the rest of her life) or raising it for 18 years.... weighed against the trauma of an abortion, which can be substantial, depending on the attitude... An abortion might be the easier road for an 11 year old. It all depends on where her head's at.

Absolutely. That's key. I won't comment on her mother...

And although I hate the fact that she's smoking and whatever during her pregnancy, remember that women used to do that all the time. And 11-year-old girls have babies in some cultures.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You're right BH, but it's not just a psychological issue. The girl may be mentally ready to give birth, but generally speaking people that young are at a dramatically increased risk for complications.

Abortions can be safer than carrying a baby to term, if the mother is as young as this girl.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
The schools do the only thing they can do. They have flyers and teachers and counselos that advise the child against these actions and explain the consequences of them. They can not physically take children into a chamber, strap them down, and blast them with education and physcial punishment. Many of these kids appear as angels at school, so what can the system do about that? In the end an adult allowed them to have a party somewhere unsupervised. An adult gave them the ability to access alcohol, either that or they stole it.

Please do not fall victim to believing this is happening on an unprecident scale. If you were to go to a thousand homes wth families, veyr few if not none at all are even close to this kind of situation. That is a fraction of one percent. That is nowhere near the kind of ration to being feeling like humanity is falling apart.

The whole system seems to be more about cossetting and even rewarding this kind of behaviour, there are underage mothers who've had so many babies they qualify for a free tower block let alone a flat. Where do we draw a line. As a society we are empowering those who for the most part can't or wont take the responsibilities that go with it. Underage mothers are only a part of the problem, this ties in with a whole range of social ills that undermine society and the individual. It doesn't need to be on an unprecedented scale it can still have an impact on the wider community. What the school can or cannot do is not strictly the issue, it's what the wider aims and how these dovetail with other civic depts such as social services, law etc and an agreement on what they are setting out to achieve. If parents can't or wont take the responsiity it's up to these to step in and take over and somewhere along the line, when decisions are made there should be an equal balance between the rights of the individual and the greater good of the community.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join