It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year old mother in Britain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
An 11 year old is pregnant in Britain. The mother is proud of her. The 11yr old smokes 20 cigarretes a day and doesn't think it will mess up her pregnancy. She got pregnant when she (drunk) and another drunk boy (15 yrs old) had sex. She said that she didn't think she would get pregnant because it was her first time. Man, just sick. Very sick.

(I read this on the internet and wrote it in my own words)

Simon - edit to spell my home country correctly

[edit on 19-5-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That is such a shame. I fear stories like this will be so common in the future that it won’t even be in the news.

(I read this on the internet and wrote it in my own words)

Is there a link to the place you read about this?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yeah, hold on..............

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I went to Torrentspy.com and found one of the links said 11 year old mother or something like that. I can't put a link on, cuz the site contains profanity (whew, lots of it!) Just go to torrentspy.com They got a list of current events on the left going downwards.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ahh, future jerry springer guests, does that show even exist anymore?

what kind of parent would let their 11 yr old daughter be having a 15 yr old bf? and what kind of dorked out 15 yr old has to be crushing on 11yr olds?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here, I did a Google News search and found a link for everyone.

Pregnant 11-year-old makes social services baby plea

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sterlize BOTH of these vermin and blast their little faces all over Brittish TV to make an example for all the other little chits who are up to no good.

Take the child away, hell, send the poor thing to me. I have a big yard and some puppies.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
MOD EDIT: Check your u2us.

[edit on 5/19/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks, Umbrax, for adding to my stuff!

That girl smoked while pregnant!! How responsible is that? Her mother probably let her drink and smoke, how else would she be able to smoke 20 cigarettes a day? How could she even want to have sex, at that age? What kind of perverted 15 year old would want an 11 year old, come on? How would she breastfeed? How did her private even open wide enough to let the baby out? How could her mother be proud? Man, the more you learn, the more you realize that the world is a sick place. I remember back in the day when I didn't even know the world SEX and the world seemed like such an innocent, great to live place. Now I know about people raping and then eating others and now I feel that the world is the sickest place imaginable. It is! Who knows what else is going on around the world? This is just what we KNOW ABOUT, worse things could be going on.

Now back on topic: All I'm gonna say is this is very very very sick. Why are humans like this?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Okay okay....We could give them lollypops and tell them everything is fine and anyone who thinks otherwise is a block head who cannot deny ignorance...or something....Any ideas?.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Why should they be sterilized?

I think the real freakin' tragedy here is the fact that we've got 11 year olds smoking and drinking and having sex, where are the parents?

I was smoking and drinking and messing around, just a couple of years later than her, and lemme tell you, I'd be super-pissed if you decided that I deserved to be castrated or chemically neutered because of my behavior. The problem is simply that these kids are growing up way too fast (or rather, just as fast as they need to in order to survive in this messed up world), where does anyone get off blaming them?

They have no context in which to sensibly interpret their own urges, their own thoughts. How do you expect someone to obey traffic laws if they've never been to driving school? We require teachers (PARENTS!), and in the absence of same, we're pretty much useless to everyone, including ourselves, unless we're really quick on the pick-up.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sally Jessey Raphael boot camp for the kid and the mother.

Sure we can hash over what went wrong and where, whos fault bla bla bla but more importantly a workable soultion is whats required.

What can we, you, whomever do in this case???

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It was as much the mother's fault in this case as the daughter's.
Sorry, couldn't help it, its that gross! The mother knew about this. I am 100% certain. At least about the drinking and smoking. And she was proud about her daughter having sex! So if the daughter was/is having sex on a regular basis, her mother wouldn't do anything about it either. Her mother probably had her at a young age, too.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Humanity churns out some real honeypots from time to time eh.

If it were to happen here, the pregnant child would be taken from the mother by childrens aid and detoxed immediatly, the child would reside in supervised care until the birth of the baby and the baby would be taken from the child.

These things cost us hundreds of thousands over the long term. Just one case.

A good friend of mine in Ontario works for CAS. Im interested to hear her point of view on this one. Ill post her comments which of course are from a CAS point of view.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm sure this stuff happens in US. I'm sure this stuff happens in Russia (if I find out about this happening in Russia, I will be very very sad) This happens in every country. The girl is definetley not responsible to take care of her kid-she can't even take care of herself!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'd say steralize the punk who got her pregnant.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It was the girl's fault, too. What was she thinking!?! By the way, they were charging the 15 year old boy with rape!!!!! Can you believe that?!?!?! He's not 18 or older! That is BS.The girl wasn't overwhelmed-she got drunk by choice . She consented. Now she is happy about being pregnant. SHE IS AS GUILTY AS THE 15 YEAR OLD BOY!!! He isn't fully mature either, you know. And she is old enough to know how to say no.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Pretty sick on his part, though, too. Who is sick enough to # an 11 year old?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
She's still a child. He's in his teens. I'd say he's borderline pedophile. That's good that they're charging him with rape. An eleven year old CAN'T give real consent.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There's a thin line between wanting the children of other 'bad parents' taken away, and wanting to give the state the power to take children from their parents on a judgement call. You'd better be real careful who you give that power to, and be watchful once they've got it.

In cases of physical violence, to protect the child's safety, I can see it. But that's exactly where the line gets very thin. What's within the boundaries of protecting safety?

This falls on the courts to decide, and I guess they do a fair enough job at it, but something nags at me... Protecting kids from parental abuse/endangerment/neglect is fine, unless you just thrust them into a different sort of abuse/endangerment/neglect, which is exactly what happens, time and time again.

So it's no longer dad beating up little Johnny, it's six kids at 'the facility.' And yeah, little Annie no longer lives with her junkie mother in their needle-infested flat, but now she's stuck with Mr. Hernandez (deemed 'kindly' by some well-meaning social worker) who molests her every night.

If the state is going to run facilities for at-risk youth, and if the state is going to shoulder the burden of every bad parent, then the state had damn well better be prepared for the Herculean task. It's not numbers, it's kids, and it's important. If the state assumes the role, and bungles it, they get no pass from me. What am I talking about? It's been fumbled, the ball is somewhere in the stands, there's a pig pile on the 40 yard line, the cheerleaders are drunk, and the coaches have gone off together to live as cowboys.

The situation is really, really bad at some American facilities. I can't speak for other countries, but I suspect they all have some problems, of one kind or another. It's hard to raise good people in a bad society..it's really, really hard.

If the state is just going to mess it up as bad as the parents, you might as well save a whole ton of money and do nothing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join