It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two weeks, 2 days, 2 hrs., 2 minutes and...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
...THEN my ability to file a malpractice claim against the surgeon who gave me a steroidal-type injection into my left trapezius (shoulder), puncturing my lung - becomes null and void.

TEN. Count them with me...one, two, 3, yep all the way to ten, separate attorney's of the Commonwealth of VA agree that I have a case, and, yet; not a one took the case.. Albeit, with a mine field of problems they obviously didn't wish to deal with. But, I'd like to know what is the redress for an average american?

Were I a hot cup of coffee, or an innocent bystander when a car driven by a cell-phone chattering human plows into an intersection - I bet there'd be 60 lawyers at the hospital before the victims got there. Not so for this person! Every single nurse made a comment that I should sue, and every single doctor behaved as if he would begin staring absently around the room, humming to a melody playing only in his head if I so much as uttered the term, 'malpractice' when I presented at the ER with one perfectly good lung, and one nearly collapsed lung that was not caused by blunt-force trauma.

What is wrong with this picture?

I weighed 82 lbs and was 3 months post- 6th & 7th simultaneous cervical spine surgeries when the injection was given to me to attempt to alleviate my severe muscle spasms. At no time was it suggested to me that this injection might hit a lung and cause a lung to suffer, so all of you with your: reasonable cause/effect blowhards can, well... blow. Swiftly joined by all you 'usual and expected' folk who actually claim, with a straight face; that any one of us should know that such a procedure is just as likely to puncture a vital organ. Were this true - the world would not be over-populated. But, the worm still turns and I am 2 weeks, 2 days, 2 hrs, 2 minutes and 2 seconds from a door silently closing loudly in my ears.

new topics

join