It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are Marching as to war.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I jsut want to find out the ATS publics opinion about the looming middleastern crisis.

1/ When do you feel, the first shell is going to fall on a middleastern country OTHER than Iraq?

2/ How do you think it is going to start?

3/ Who is going to triumph?

4/ Do you believe this is going to draw into ww3?

5/ Do you believe iran HAS the bomb, or is MAKING the bomb, or isnt even considering the BOMB?

6/ And finally, do I need to fly back to NZ to join the draft when this kicks off, or will aussie draft allow a kiwi to join?

My guess?

I believe The first shells will land ON iran, BY Israel. Which will follow with many shells landing in Israel & Iraq from Iran.
This will draw the USA into the battle, along with various other middleastern countries. china will threaten Tawian, Nkorea will threaten South Korea, and there we go.

The Usa and Israel will give Iran a deadline, which will give Iran enough time to arm all its missles, hide all the powerpeople in a secret secure bunker somewhere remote, and the poor iranian people will be left in limbo. There government abandoning them to become cannon fodder.

Mankind will triumph. Gain through sacrifice. millions will die, countless lives destroyed, and ultimately world politics will change.. FOR THE BETTER.

Yes. Iran will not want to become the next Iraq, or Israel. Occupied land.
They know if Israel and the US forcefully attack them, they will not win an open military conflict. But they also understand American public opinion & american economic concepts. They only have to prolong skirmishes, keep Iraq the disaster it is, and cut off oil.. and the American economy will crumble, the public will revolt, and the super power will officially become dorment.
Who will protect Tawaiin and South korea? All american treaties will become null and void.

I dont nessecarily beleive Iran has a missle locked and loaded in a bunker somewhere, I think they are working round the clock to get it tho, and must be getting close.. Didnt the US find highly enriched uranium traces? I think Iran has an agreement with either another country, or some rogue general in an army, that should the bog hit the fan, they wil have access to some of there arsenal.

I damn hope so.. As soon as this war kicks off I want to be in a uniform fighting.
Ever felt you were put on the planet for one reason?
And if they dont, I suppose the $600 airfare to NZ isnt that much.

Plus, we all know who the best rugby players in the world are hey! ;o)

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, I hope not a single bullet hit's Iran, or else that Illuminati clique manipulating the world for gain thing will appear to be painfully obvious. Only a NUT would start another war in the Middle East right now knowing it would shred any credibility whatsoever America has in it's diplomatic relations, lead to hundreds of thousands dead (if not millions, Iran will press the doomsday button if invaded for sure- and they have the bomb, trust me, not from enriching Uranium from nothing in some run down plant, but from donor nations most probably Russia) and not to mention a global economic collapse started by the high oil prices and costs involved in starting such a campaign. That's my opinion, but whoever is running America right now is not thinking too sanely- how the HELL can you still lick your chops at Iran after Iraq? It's insane.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Q1/ When do you feel, the first shell is going to fall on a middleastern country OTHER than Iraq?

A1/Sooner rather than later.

Q2/ How do you think it is going to start?

A2/ Quite likely by accident.

Q3/ Who is going to triumph?

A3/ No one.

Q4/ Do you believe this is going to draw into ww3?

A4/ I hope not.

Q5/ Do you believe iran HAS the bomb, or is MAKING the bomb, or isnt even considering the BOMB?

A5/ Perhaps to all.

Q6/ And finally, do I need to fly back to NZ to join the draft when this kicks off, or will aussie draft allow a kiwi to join?

A6/ I don't know, sorry.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yes. Iran will not want to become the next Iraq, or Israel. Occupied land.
They know if Israel and the US forcefully attack them, they will not win an open military conflict. But they also understand American public opinion & american economic concepts. They only have to prolong skirmishes, keep Iraq the disaster it is, and cut off oil.. and the American economy will crumble, the public will revolt, and the super power will officially become dorment.
Who will protect Tawaiin and South korea? All american treaties will become null and void.

The American economy will not crumble. The public will not revolt, and the superpower will not be dormant.

The economy was alot worse before WW2 and the country responded.
This is alot of wishful thinking by alot of members on this forum.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
IMO only a lunatic looks forward to yet more war in the ME or anybodies' economy 'collapsing' (especially an economy as large as that of the USA's).

I am pretty sure that if Iran is attacked it will spell massive troubles for everyone as the oil and gas markets go into complete hysteria (and stay that way for months or probably years as an occupation of Iran looks incredibly unlikely given the mess Iraq is).

I'd also be very worried that such an idiotic move would consolidate the whole idea of a 'clash of civilisations', it might make for good computer games but the reality would be years if not decades of trouble for us all.

It's a stupefyingly crazy situation that no-one in their right mind ought to be seriously planning and that those in power and authority ought to be working very hard to avoid.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The first shells to land on Iran? You know how far artillery weapons can be fired? Seriously since the crazy leader talking about wiping out Israel, its no wonder why Israel would think of such thing. Unless Iran somehow strikes first by sneaking a nuke in Israel, which is why they delay negotiations, even from the Europeans.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I am pretty sure that if Iran is attacked it will spell massive troubles for everyone as the oil and gas markets go into complete hysteria (and stay that way for months or probably years as an occupation of Iran looks incredibly unlikely given the mess Iraq is).

It's a stupefyingly crazy situation that no-one in their right mind ought to be seriously planning and that those in power and authority ought to be working very hard to avoid.

People that speculate on oil futures (On the various commodities exchanges worldwide) as well as oil producers probably would love the idea of an Iranian attack. Its the CMEX that actually sets the price of the oil. The oil itself still only costs 10.00 a barrel to extract. The costs may rise later for transportation possibly if war ensues but basically they are still extracting it cheaply enough. The only way it will affect their costs is if Labor costs,transportation,taxation,or equipment prices go up. Maybe if we did away with speculation on Oil it would tone down things a bit. People stand to make billions if they own futures options betting that oil goes up. The idea of war may be insane in our point of view as consumers , but a dangerous one would be people that stand to make a profit in all this, and would they really care since these already rich people won't be dying in a war anyway.
We have got a whole administration deeply involved in the oil business as well as corporate butt kissing right now. Only us little folk stand to lose in something like this.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Geez, what hyperventilating nonsense. Iran supplies about 4% of the world’s oil. A war would spike prices, but if oil went above $100, you can bet there would be no shortage of it. The profit would prove too tempting for oil producers.

Remember the world is 4% dependent on Iran’s oil, but Iran is 100% dependent on Iran’s oil.

The dynamism and resilience of the American economy is really unmatched in the world. In the last six years America has endured stock market crashes, terrorist attacks, two wars, devastating hurricanes and oil shocks. Despite all if that, America has the BEST PERFORMING INDUSTRIAL ECONOMY ON EARTH.

America’s obit has been written many times, but we still run the joint.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by El Tiante]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They said global politics would change for the better after both world wars, nothings changed and nothing ever will. Its the way it is, like it or not. I dont see another world war changing anything about global politics just like the previous 2. The UN will still be worthless, there will still be a superpower, whether its the US or not, maybe even another cold war. But I dont see it changing too drastically.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Maybe the U.N. will declare war on the United States.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoQuest
Maybe the U.N. will declare war on the United States.

Now that would be something! I can see Iran launching full scale attacks on U.S. interests in the middle east within the next year or so if we keep provoking them. Israel has enough turmoil within it's own borders that it would be fairly easy to be caught off guard there. Our forces in Iraq are the most susceptible being that they are fighting enemies using gorilla tactics. What if Iraqi rebels were joined with Iranian armies? This could get very ugly, very fast. We can't continue to be the bully in the world arena for too long without concequences. We have more enemies now than we did in the the days of ww1 and ww2.
So with that said
1.pretty soon
2.over a show of force
3.depends on what type of victory you are looking for
4.seems like everyone is already aligning themselves so yea
5.They Are Making One
6.If that is what you want to do with your life

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
They said global politics would change for the better after both world wars, nothings changed and nothing ever will.

hey ludaChris,

well...that is the problem with attempts at collective security organizations like the post-WWI League, or the post-WWII UN...the powerful nations go along with the decisions made, until they decide it is not in their (self) perceived "national interest" to do so.

The immediate example which comes to mind (for some odd reason, 'cause it is about 2 decades old) is the American decision to ignore the World Court's condemnation of the mining of Nicaraguan harbors during the Reagan Era.

I don't know how we, as a species, will ever overcome this fatal flaw in the system of collective security; powerful nations will always act in accordance with their own "vital interests" despite world condemnation. And, let's face it, sometimes a nation is compelled to avoid the proscriptions of collective bodies, 'cause we don't all share the same values and goals.

Originally posted by El Tiante America’s obit has been written many times, but we still run the joint.

Hey El Tiante,

I don't know if I agree with how we "run the joint" but the way you phrased it cracked me up...

Apoc.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

not millions, Iran will press the doomsday button if invaded for sure- and they have the bomb, trust me, not from enriching Uranium from nothing in some run down plant, but from donor nations most probably Russia

I'd also be very worried that such an idiotic move would consolidate the whole idea of a 'clash of civilisations', it might make for good computer games but the reality would be years if not decades of trouble for us all.

Im all for peace. Its cheaper on every level. However, many people on this form (from my understanding) view America as a terrible country that just "bullys" everybody. I too, have serious issues with the government, but they don't revolve around Iran.

One general idea I see here is prevention at all costs...

Newsflash: several countries have some capability or another of developing Nuclear Weapons. Read
here.

What's the difference between them and Iran? They (as far as I know) have not directly threatened allied nations. They have not done everything in their power to look as sneaky as possible, for lack of better words. It blows my mind when people ask why we dont just let them have nuclear power. If Iran's president only wanted nuclear energy, I think he would be smart enough not to string that goal and "lets wipe israel off the map" ideology into the same policy. Unfortunately, he is not that smart. If you make threats like that, than yes, the world is going to be alarmed when you start asking for unconditional nuclear capability. Its common sense.

One last idea I often see around me is that America would strike first. Huh? Thats not to say we wouldn't. However, what keeps Iran from doing this? As far as I'm concerned, they're buying time. With the dictator they have in power, I could definately see a rogue Iran.

Case in point: As america, we have a whole host of problems of our own, but that does not negate the other ideas and facts that contrast general global opinion of America and the situation with Iran. Iran is threatening a U.S. ally directly (*thinks back to other countries that have initiated wars based on this...*). For months, they have refused any attempts at peaceful negotiations; they have even mocked them. They have stalled and stalled and stalled, changing their positions, offerings, and conditions. And to top it off, their leadership is radical and dictatorial.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by aggroskater]

top topics

join