It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot on California/Mexico Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A few minutes ago Wolf Blitzer (CNN) just announced that the driver of a van attempting to run down a couple of border agents (apparently as he attempted to cross the border) was shot in the head by the agents; who he (thankfully) was unable to runover.

Checking for links, details as they come.

IT's wolf so I'm assuming it's credible...for now.

Spiderj

[edit on 5/18/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Update, here's a link to a sandiego news website that has the developing story.

www.10news.com...

Not much there but the story is developing.

Spiderj

CX

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hers another link from Fox with a bit more info.

www.foxnews.com...

CX.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
i hope this is the start of a trend.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents

What trend do you want to start?

Gunning down drivers headed SOUTH to Mexico?

Killing people who may be taking the Mexicans that are trying to get back to Mexico OUT of the U.S.?

Stopping traffic for nine hours while you figure out if you just gunned down some one on a false tip?

Endangering other vehicles by shooting drivers at the wheel because they may take some one back across the border and it not cost a cent?

Which trend would you like to see started?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by 25cents

Killing people who may be taking the Mexicans that are trying to get back to Mexico OUT of the U.S.?

Stopping traffic for nine hours while you figure out if you just gunned down some one on a false tip?

Endangering other vehicles by shooting drivers at the wheel because they may take some one back across the border and it not cost a cent?

Yes, I like the shooting part too. About time.................It should be dangerous to cross the freaking thing. 100% of all americans should boycott all vacaton site in the hell hole "mexico". Not one more dime................

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Yep, you'd have all relations with our border country to hell in a handbasket in no time if you were in charge, wouldn't you? An all out cold war across on our own border. Thank God you're not in charge. Even the Goober we've got calling the shots right now has more sense than that.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Yep, you'd have all relations with our border country to hell in a handbasket in no time if you were in charge, wouldn't you? An all out cold war across on our own border. Thank God you're not in charge. Even the Goober we've got calling the shots right now has more sense than that.

Fine point, why not let a couple thousand live in your back yard? If you haven't noticed the border is already hell................just look at Laredo..............

Oh yes let's let MS13 run things.......................

stop the madness..............

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
A few minutes ago Wolf Blitzer (CNN) just announced that the driver of a van attempting to run down a couple of border agents (apparently as he attempted to cross the border) was shot in the head by the agents; who he (thankfully) was unable to runover.

Niether of the links that you posted say that the driver attempted to run down agents. If that were the case it would explain shooting the driver. I just find it difficult to believe that they would shoot to kill if their lives were not in jepardy. But stranger things have happened.

Val, I agree with everything you've said here.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I just knew that it would come to this. And it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

Just chalk it up as another case of "collateral damage".

I just wonder what this world is coming to.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

Fine point, why not let a couple thousand live in your back yard? If you haven't noticed the border is already hell................just look at Laredo..............

Oh yes let's let MS13 run things.......................

stop the madness..............

What does any of this have to do with this incident? The car was headed TO MEXICO...not into the U.S. And if the tip that the car picked up illegal aliens is true (which we don't have confirmation of that yet) then the driver was doing his little part to rid us of those you apparently see as social vermin.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Originally posted by Spiderj

Niether of the links that you posted say that the driver attempted to run down agents. If that were the case it would explain shooting the driver. I just find it difficult to believe that they would shoot to kill if their lives were not in jepardy. But stranger things have happened.

Val, I agree with everything you've said here.

That's right lets just take guns away from the agents...........is that what you want? Lets not hurt their feelings either..........

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
That's right lets just take guns away from the agents...........is that what you want? Lets not hurt their feelings either..........

And you came to this conclusion how? I guess killing humans is ok if you don't like them.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
if y'all have questions on this one, feel free to u2u me. the agent who shot the driver was a friend's partner. I can pass them along and maybe he'll answer them.

pI haven't asked yet but I would guess this was possibly a case of someone who was shuttling immigrants back and forth, possibly for day labor purposes.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

vermin.

One good word in all that. Illegals = VERMIN, thanks Val............for finally understanding

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

just more people dying in general.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Quote:

"Yep, you'd have all relations with our border country to hell in a handbasket in no time if you were in charge, wouldn't you? An all out cold war across on our own border. Thank God you're not in charge. Even the Goober we've got calling the shots right now has more sense than that."

My Response:
so what is Mexico going to use for an army? What military might do they have??? I would imagine a bunch of college weekend ROTC units could wipe their entire armed services out in less than two hours.. Basically, other than you, who in the rest of this entire world cares about Mexico at all??? Let's put it in perspective, Mexico is the toilet of the United States, we treat their people like trash, hire them for nothing, give them no insurance, make them clean our toilets and mow our grass, they are basically paid slaves and you want them to be respected. OMG, what BS.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

www.10news.com...

When the SUV came to a stop in the far right lane, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection agent approached the vehicle and knocked on a window. The agent tried to open a door, but it was locked, so the agent used a baton to break one of the windows, prompting the driver to accelerate, police said.

"At one point the suspect tried to drive off and he veered hard to the left to get back inside traffic," Rooney told reporters. "At that point, two agents fired upon the vehicle."

If the person tries to drive away like that, then the police should be able to shoot. The driver may have been trying to hit an agent as he veered left. This happens with criminals all the time, really. Just now that it's a person smuggling aliens it gets on the news.

That aside, it's not the first time something like this has happened. Oh, and what about all those Mexican drug/alien runners who fire upon the border guards? What of the Mexican military who fires upon our border guards.

Those of you who think that it isn't time to militarise that border need to come out of your holes and see the light that is the truth of the situation.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The Boston Channel states that he swerved toward a patrol guard.

[Federal agents opened fire when the driver suddenly accelerated from a stop and his car moved sideways into an agent.].

So far its just one guard, wonder how many others cars were around when they shot at him, why wouldn't they just shoot at his tires to stop or at least impede them from going further.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by alphacenturi]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphacenturi
So far its just one guard, wonder how many others cars were around when they shot at him, why wouldn't they just shoot at his tires to stop or at least impede them from going further.

Any action that could potentially kill a law enforcement member, such as swerving into one or waving a gun around, gives the officers the right to shoot to kill.

Since the driver was shot "multiple times," I would say that they were still fairly close to the car while shooting and none of the other drivers or cars nearby were in danger of stray bullets. They're police officers trained in situations like this. If they thought there was a danger to those not involved, they wouldn't have shot.

Also, shooting out the tires may not have stopped the car. If the vehicle is used for the practice of smuggling people, drugs, or anything across the border frequently, they may have run-flat tires on it. Also, vehicles can drive with flat tires, though with less control. They still could have gotten away. Or the driver could have lost control and killed the occupants of the car or someone innocent in a crash. On top of that, it was also in a high traffic zone, so the chances of an accident would go up.

In my opinion, the officers saved more lives by shooting the driver.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join