It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share your culture!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wassup, lets share some culture!

Tell us where you are from, about your culture, what food your country eats, a historical
building in your country, some heroes from your culture, etc.

Ok, I'll begin:

I am from Russia. I was born in Moscow. We eat alot of different food: we got rhye bread, Piroski which is meat or potato wraped in dough, shashliki which is beef or better yet-lamb baked on the barbeque-it is mixed with onion and we pour some vinegar on them, we have an all vegetable soup called borsh, we have pilmeni, blini, and vareniki ( I actually don't like either of the last three) We make amazing candy and cakes made of cookies, cream, and chocolate topped with jello called tortes.
A historical building is the Kremlin, I was sure all of you knew that.A hero from my country was GK Ghukov who was a great general from World War-2.
Overall I love my country and I think its a great place.

Ok, your turn!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Im from Maryland(pronounced merlind), the suburbs of baltimore to be specific. Being in this chesapeake region we have developed certain characteristics. For example I have more boats than vehicles, french fries need old bay on them, and crabs are a must for any summer get together no matter how insignificent, we like football too, almost too much, between games or seasons the radios are full of ranting football fans and we listen to and love it

Now go eatr some rockfish and crabcakes and watch a football game

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
my name is skrripniek.i come from the province of jakrbrotobolitzk 4 next to the famous sculpture you call 'face of mars''

we create a local dish called mallnanobrok,which consists of a bacteria infested clump of methane ice water..very tasty ,

our national sport is kraptol.. a very humorous games which involve flying to remote areas populated only by eccentric farmers on earth in which we jump up and down in silly silver space suits making meep meep noises then run away laughing because no-one will believe him

we also watch your earth football. but the game ends for us with a large bet lying on the first guy to go rolling on the ground holding his ankle from a mysterious tackle from apparently two of your earth feet away/

we did not realise you earthlings had devised telikinetic tackles yet:bnghd:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I come from the exotic United States, you may have heard of it?

Anyways, the USA is a mix of every culture on the planet, you can get into your car and often drive less than an hour and taste almost any culture possible.

I myself am of French/Italian dissent (that means I am very hairy and I can cook). Although I myself am many generations away from my French/Italian ancestors, my parents and grandparents have passed enough culture along for me to enjoy and in turn pass along to my young son.

To "compound" my families line of herritage, my wife is Chinese. She was born here in the states, but her older sister and parents are right from Hong Kong. So, if my son is lucky, he wont be as hairy as me and will still be able to cook! (girls like guys who can cook, trust me on this one)

I grew up on Cape Cod and lived on the beach and on boats for nearly all of my childhood. I virtually have gills I have spent so much time on/in the water. My family still live just a stones throw from the Kennedy compound. As teanager I used to string their tennis raquets.

Before I got all fat and married, I was an avid (so I say) basketball player, was MAJORLY into mountain biking, and even managed to attain the fairly respectable rank of second degree brown belt in Shaolin Kempo Karate. I am also a fisherman, certified diver, and attempt to hack about the golf course from time to time (rarely these days, too $$)

I guess you can say my culture is "AMURRICAN!" Its a rag tag mix of everything, and you know what? I wouldnt trade it for any other on the planet!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Russia is a mix of culture, too. But the native culture still sticks out. Wouldn't trade mine for any other, either!

new topics

top topics

join