It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

BBC not so quick to hail Pentagon tape.

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Whilst going over the numerous news articles on the release of the Pentagon footage yesterday, i was quite pleased and a little suprised to read this article from the BBC news site. Whilst it still appears to dismiss the conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11, it at least gives the news readers plenty of information that they could take away and make thier own mind up on.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I like the fact that even this news network admits that the plane is'nt Flight 77 "withough a doubt". I like the fact that whilst they kind of tounge in cheek dismiss the alternative theories outlined on "Loose Change", they still mentioned a lot of them in a little detail, which is a damn sight more than a lot of networks have done. Most have just said, "Theres the plane, the conspiracy theorists are speechless now, case closed!"

If i was someone reading this news article and i'd never heard of the conspiracy theory, i'd at least be tempted to go take a look. Just a shame more networks are'nt bothering.


CX.




posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
They said this though:


The latest pictures are the missing frames from a series taken from two cameras at a filling station.


But I thought it was the gate at the Pentagon? Funny looking filling station.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
They were the ones that were confiscated no?
By the FBI?



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No they haven't been released, flight77.info is trying to get them released and has been for some time. These are from a Pentagon drive-in gate.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I like the fact that whilst they kind of tounge in cheek dismiss the alternative theories outlined on "Loose Change", they still mentioned a lot of them in a little detail, which is a damn sight more than a lot of networks have done.


The way they do it is bad. The way they've done it on that site, is almost like a vaccine against reasonable information. They give you an oversimplified, misrepresented version of an argument, and so when you hear the real argument, you still recognize it but will just dismiss it out of hand upon second hearing.

I'm not saying I believe anything other than a 757 hit that building, but what the BBC is doing is deceptive regardless.

All mass media corporations should be ILLEGAL. Next round of revolutions, and I want all of you to remember that. No mass media corporations, just like quartering soldiers became a big no-no after our last successful revolution against "big business." What Indy Media is doing would work wonderfully, even on a larger scale, so long as they don't change anything.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What's interesting is that the government claimed they had no idea who leaked that gate camera footage. 5 years later they all of a sudden officially release it (but still missing the several frames that were missing in the original leaked video). Funny isn't it.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Leto]



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
All mass media corporations should be ILLEGAL. Next round of revolutions, and I want all of you to remember that. No mass media corporations, just like quartering soldiers became a big no-no after our last successful revolution against "big business." What Indy Media is doing would work wonderfully, even on a larger scale, so long as they don't change anything.


Think Tavistock institute BSBRAY... in fact I'm sure their offices are not all that far from the BBC in London..

Yeah BABY!! Let's brain washem into the NWO!

Their tactics started as NAZI/Fascist/Communist propaganda perfected for mass mind control.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I thought the article was rather dismissive of conspiracy theorists. And nice one Agent Smith for spotting they said it was the gas station tapes. I read it rather hurriedly and missed that.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Absolute balderdash! Security cameras don't record 1 frame per second.

there's cameras all over the freaking place.... even head on!

www.pentagonresearch.com...



Date: 9/14/01
Time: unknown
Photographer: US Department of Defense - Tech. Sgt. Cedric H. Rudisill

DESCRIPTION: Guard shack where the CCTV images were captured from. They must rely on that camera to cover that general area since I don't see any on the wall.

KEY NOTES: Just in case anybody was thinking that there were no other cameras I've added the following photo of the "SW Corner" of the Pentagon. It was taken by the same photographer on the same day. The flag is the one placed on 9/12/01 just to the right of the impact area. At least two of those cameras are facing the whole incident face on. Not to mention the one that was destroyed almost directly above the impact. Where is that footage?






C'mon, this is the pentagon! And the video released is what they used in court?!



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Absolute balderdash! Security cameras don't record 1 frame per second.

there's cameras all over the freaking place.... even head on!

www.pentagonresearch.com...



Date: 9/14/01
Time: unknown
Photographer: US Department of Defense - Tech. Sgt. Cedric H. Rudisill

DESCRIPTION: Guard shack where the CCTV images were captured from. They must rely on that camera to cover that general area since I don't see any on the wall.

KEY NOTES: Just in case anybody was thinking that there were no other cameras I've added the following photo of the "SW Corner" of the Pentagon. It was taken by the same photographer on the same day. The flag is the one placed on 9/12/01 just to the right of the impact area. At least two of those cameras are facing the whole incident face on. Not to mention the one that was destroyed almost directly above the impact. Where is that footage?






C'mon, this is the pentagon! And the video released is what they used in court?!


Great photos. I find it so ridiculous that there's actually a couple people in this forum that have tried to convince people that the security in Pentagon isn't great and that these $25 webcams from the CCTV vehicle gate are the best available for the Pentagon. This is what the government wants you to believe, they want you to believe that the only footage available is from this POS toy camera. One of the worst traitors to America is these disinfo agents protecting this corruption in our government.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Leto]



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
[edit on 18-5-2006 by Leto]



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto
Great photos. I find it so ridiculous that there's actually a couple people in this forum that have tried to convince people that the security in Pentagon isn't great and that these $25 webcams from the CCTV vehicle gate are the best available for the Pentagon. This is what the government wants you to believe, they want you to believe that the only footage available is from this POS toy camera. One of the worst traitors to America is these disinfo agents protecting this corruption in our government.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Leto]


that says it all baby... better than I could have and I was one of the first to question the quality of the cameras here.

Why indeed are there people so desperate to hide the truth?? must be profitable in some fashion is all I can guess.



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Assuming for just a moment that there are crystal-clear videos of flight 77 striking the Pentagon (from the gas station, hotel, or wherever), what would be the most likely reason for the government not releasing them? Going on that assumption, I would venture to say that they don't want to give al Qaida and other terrorists yet another great piece of propaganda. It's bad enough they have a million shots of the planes hitting the WTC. And remember how disappointed al Qaida was when their on-shore cameraman fell asleep and missed filming the USS Cole attack.

Sometimes the videos of these terrorist attacks cause more damage than the attacks themselves. Is it no wonder that they are constantly trying to film their attacks, car bombings, suicide bombings, RPG attacks, etc.?

Remember, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. I haven't entirely made up my mind regarding the Pentagon 9/11 situation. I will admit that I'm leaning towards the idea that the government's version is what actually happened. Not to get off discussion, but to me if it wasn't the plane that hit the Pentagon, then what happened to the real plane and all the passengers on it? And what of all the people who would have to have been involved in concealing or destroying a jumbo jet and killing and disgarding the dozens of bodies of passengers on board? As soon as I hear an adequate, and realistic, explenation regarding those questions, then I'll re-evaluate my position.

But that's neither here nor there... what is everyone's thoughts here on my theory that the tapes are being withheld so as not to provide a major propaganda tool to our enemies?



posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Assuming for just a moment that there are crystal-clear videos of flight 77 striking the Pentagon (from the gas station, hotel, or wherever), what would be the most likely reason for the government not releasing them? Going on that assumption, I would venture to say that they don't want to give al Qaida and other terrorists yet another great piece of propaganda. It's bad enough they have a million shots of the planes hitting the WTC. And remember how disappointed al Qaida was when their on-shore cameraman fell asleep and missed filming the USS Cole attack.

Sometimes the videos of these terrorist attacks cause more damage than the attacks themselves. Is it no wonder that they are constantly trying to film their attacks, car bombings, suicide bombings, RPG attacks, etc.?

Remember, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. I haven't entirely made up my mind regarding the Pentagon 9/11 situation. I will admit that I'm leaning towards the idea that the government's version is what actually happened. Not to get off discussion, but to me if it wasn't the plane that hit the Pentagon, then what happened to the real plane and all the passengers on it? And what of all the people who would have to have been involved in concealing or destroying a jumbo jet and killing and disgarding the dozens of bodies of passengers on board? As soon as I hear an adequate, and realistic, explenation regarding those questions, then I'll re-evaluate my position.

But that's neither here nor there... what is everyone's thoughts here on my theory that the tapes are being withheld so as not to provide a major propaganda tool to our enemies?


According to the Loose Change documentary, two planes were diverted and forced to land in a Cleveland airport. One of those planes, the passengers remained on board at the airport for two hours, however the other plane, perhaps flight 77, all passengers were quickly departed in less than half an hour and taken into the NSA building. Maybe they were gased, DNA samples taken, bodies cremated, and the plane could simply be placed back into service with a different registration number. Your next flight might be on that plane and you wouldn't know, I wouldn't know, no one would know.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Leto]



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join