It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Teachings of Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ok, I've skimmed that last few replys so I'm probably repeating something BUT...

Didn't Plato write about Atlantis as a kind or moral to show us we were beginning to be to powerful and we had to stay humble? I remember spending hours on this subject. The end of Atlantis had to do with something the people of Atlantis did. Thus, it was a moral and not real.

However, if it was real then it's commanly believed to be in the Striaght of Gibalter.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't believe that was a repeat of information, the moral story of atlantis isn't hardly ever touched on. The semi-trivial where was it seems to be placed with more importance.

The legends of atlantis would coencide quite nicely with the biblical flood myths, or plato. I figure atlantis could be viewed in the context that america is now.

It's myth is a very real warning that is being ignored again.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm not trying to make enemies here but I think that archeology is one of the weaker sciences. I am not the originator of this comment either. All other sciences actually have observable rules and a semblance of structure to them.

On the other hand archeology is a piece meal patch work used to explain a lot of dispariate observations. Because the 'story' is now so big and wide and deep if any part of it was to be found out as wanting it would cause much of this collussus to collapse.

That is the problem with archaeology, oh and one other thing, massive earth changes in earths very long history have burried the evidence you so desire way down there. Increasingly archeology is not only being proven wrong daily but its very premise that if I dig down 20 feet into the ground at any location on earth will reveal all human activity since the dawn of walking man is pure non-sense.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
There are many who believe that the Antarctic is the lost continent of Atlantis.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
According to the nazis during WW2 the Nordic peoples of Europe descends from Atlantis. According to their understanding, seven Atlantidic priests survived the cataclysm and managed to save themselves and they settled down in the Himalayas where they mixed with the people who lived there and begot "bastard" offspring who in their turn was said to have travelled North and West. The whole idea behind the Lebensborn and Hitlerjugend projects was to cross breed children of this descent much the same way we know from animal breeding, in order to "recreate" so called clean Atlantides. Hitler saw Norwegians, and especially people from Setesdal (some miles up the valley to the North of where I live) as the "cleanest Arians", and Hitler and his fellows believed the Arians were Atlantidic descendants. Quite interresting to notice how there have always been giants way above two meters in Setesdal. Makes me think about the pre-flood stories about how the Watchers (Atlantides?) mixed with the humans and begot giant offspring. We know from the same stories that God destroyed them by ordering the flood to cleanse the Earth from the Nephilim and their wickedness. We have also been told that in the endtime (now) it will be like it was in the days of Noah who saved the peoples from the flood....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
you gotta read the book, it will blow your mind

To me this book has so much truth in it, questions and answers. Really I can't describe the changes that have taken place in my life

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Plato was as much a 'historian' as Shakespeare was.

I only suggest you read his philosophies, including those on HOW TO TEACH before jumping to conclusions about one story.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I'd say Atlantis was the city of the Watchers. Therefore Genesis, Enoch and the NT works fine by me, but it's always interresting to hear theories. The last one I read I found in the ATS news. They claim to have found it burried below the sand of Sahara. And they say that Plato mistranslated an Egyptian word, and that this was the reason behind the idea that Atlantis sunk in the water. Now they believe that it sunk in the sand because of lack of water.

Personally I don't trust any of the theories 100%. Why would we want to find Atlantis anyway? To learn the same things that made God destroy the Earth with water then, in order sin so God destroys the world with fire now? What if the original Atlantis was a space station? And that the city below Sahara or wherever it is, is just the tombs of the fallen Watchers.... What if they originally lived either on the Moon or Mars?

However I have another theory aswell. For you see the Atlantis legend exists on both sides of the Atlantic in one form or another. In Africa and Europe the legends say it was to the West, while in the Americas they say it was in the East. The story goes that it sunk in the sea. Now think about this: When you travel by boat over the Atlantic either way with the view of the world they had back then in a terrible storm. The continent you leave would look like it is swallowed by the ocean. And the continent you approach would look like it is coming up from the ocean. That way it is both below the sea and below the Earth somehow, only it is neither, for the Earth is globular, and there is no up and down in the cosmos, just in and out, and who knows which way is which?

When God judged the Watchers he chained them for 70 generations. Generation can also be translated race or folk in Hebrew. Did God simply hide them from eachother? Did he place the Watchers on one side of the Earth and the humans on the other? Some tales say there were 70 folks in Eden, one of them being Adam. And I think it was Semjaza, the leader of the fallen Watchers, who in one of the Enochian legends was judged to fall between Heaven and Earth forever with one eye open and the other closed. Is he the false prophet cloned or ressurected from an ancient mummy or something? To be brought up from the dead? From the Earth? Or what if God has made a tunnel right through the core of the Earth? If someone with eternal life was dropped down such a tube, he would fall back and forth for as long as God would find it to be right. Sounds like a terrible sentance. Makes me shiver down my spine. Guess they would all have time to regret, that's for sure. We shouldn't question God's rightiousness, for he is God and not a man, he knows what we are simply left to believe in, and he alone is truely good, but I think this sounds gruesome. But if you calculate the length of a generation based on the family trees in the Gospel, 70 generations would mean somewhere between the dark ages and now. Were they chained to live in the Americas until Columbus rediscovered the continent? I know one thing: God is Love, and we shouldn't judge his rightiousness, for time and time again, he seems to always have a trick or two in his pocket prooving that we are stupid and he is wise and that we judge things we don't understand. That his judgements are good and that our judgements are like judgement among beasts.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
However I have another theory aswell. For you see the Atlantis legend exists on both sides of the Atlantic in one form or another. In Africa and Europe the legends say it was to the West, while in the Americas they say it was in the East. The story goes that it sunk in the sea.

It sounds like an oral tradition explaining the Panangeic breaking of the continenents between South America and Africa and subsequent shift. Some say, peoples of the world got there less by migration, than our shifting continents.... and the lost half of the One continent from whichever point of view would seem swallowed by the sea as it receded.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Some say, peoples of the world got there less by migration, than our shifting continents....

I have a good friend whom we call the Indian, for he looks just like the archtype of the North American native. However he has never sat his foot on American soil, and neither has any of his parents for all I know. But his mother is a Philipine and his father is a Norwegian. Could it be that once, way back in time, that ancient Europeans and ancient Asians travelled each way and ended up in North America where they married and begot the forefathers of what we today call North American Natives? Likeways in South America, with Africans travelling over the ocean to mix with whoever was there originally? Any thoughts?

Edit: It's also interresting to see how NA Natives' traditions and shamanism looks like a mix between Saami (Norwegian natives) building techniques etc. and Eastern philosophy. It is said that it was the Saami people who taught the Vikings to make their boats. The Vikings were the first to use boats with keels, enabling them to travel through stormy waters. And the Saami people also lives in tipi like tents and their magic is very powerful. The respect for life and nature that we find among the Natives in NA, looks to me like a mix between ancient Eastern philosophy and ancient Saami traditions. Just an idea....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I don't know M...but theories abound.

Of course, there's the temperature/diet theory about differences, but McKenna taps on another one. DRUGS!

It is interesting how civililzations seemed to spring up, or migrate to where the drugs are...and built cities, etc. and those without drugs like coc aine or heroin...stayed hunters and gathers for the most part.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I don't know M...but theories abound.

Of course, there's the temperature/diet theory about differences, but McKenna taps on another one. DRUGS!

It is interesting how civililzations seemed to spring up, or migrate to where the drugs are...and built cities, etc. and those without drugs like coc aine or heroin...stayed hunters and gathers for the most part.

Interresting. Some places drugs are even vital for survival. Take coca for instance. If you were to travel in the mountains of Peru or simply just live there, only fools would say no to a handful of coca leaves.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Didn't Plato write about Atlantis as a kind or moral to show us we were beginning to be to powerful and we had to stay humble?

No, there are three specific points in his dialogue, that make it very clear he is speaking of an ACTUAL place. Rather than just repeat it, here's a link....

www.geocities.com...

This "knowledge" of the Atlanteans, is myth though... You won't see Plato speak of death lasers, etc. This was added after by other authors....

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a portion of the authors story is a claim that he was trained in a shangri- la like communty hidden in the mountains of tibet.

here's an article from the chicago tribune

www.onlineathens.com...

Explorers hit it big: 'If there is a Shangri-la, this is it'

By Michael Kilian
Chicago Tribune

WASHINGTON -- Explorers have finally found Shangri-la.
It may not be quite the storied, verdant, utopian Himalayan paradise of James Hilton's 1933 novel ''Lost Horizon'' and subsequent movie of the same name.
But it is verdant, it is a kind of paradise and it is hidden deep within Tibet's Himalayan Mountains in a monstrously steep, gorge-within-a-gorge. There is no record of any human visiting, or even seeing, the area before.
Tucked beneath a mountain spur at a sharp bend of the Tsangpo river, where the cliffsides are only 75 yards apart and cast perpetual shadows, the place failed to show up even on satellite surveillance photographs of the area.
''If there is a Shangri-la, this is it,'' said Rebecca Martin, director of the National Geographic Society's Expeditions Board, which sponsored the trek. ''This is a pretty startling discovery -- especially in a time when many people are saying, 'What's left to discover?' ''
Tentatively named by the explorers the ''Hidden Falls of the Tsangpo'' and located in a forbidding region called Pemako that Tibetans consider highly sacred, the elusive site was reached by American explorers Ian Baker, Ken Storm Jr. and Brian Harvey late last year, though the society did not make its confirmation of their success official until Thursday.
In addition to a spectacular 100-foot-high waterfall -- long rumored, but until now undocumented -- they found a subtropical garden between a 23,000-foot and a 26,000-foot mountain, at the bottom of a 4,000-foot-high cliff.
According to Martin, it's the world's deepest mountain gorge.
''It's a place teeming with life,'' said Storm in a telephone interview from his office in the Minneapolis suburb of Burnsville. ''It's a terribly wild river, with many small waterfalls, heavy rapids and a tremendous current surging through. Yet there are all kinds of flora -- subtropical pine, rhododendrons, craggy fir and hemlock and spruce on the hillsides -- it's lush. Just a tremendous wild garden landscape.''
The animals there include a rare, horned creature called the takin, sacred to Tibetan Buddhists.
Difficult as the gorge was to reach, Storm said one of the hardest aspects of the expedition was leaving to return to civilization.
''The last we saw of it was looking down ... with clouds sealing the gorge and sidestream waterfalls jetting out into the river. It's probably the most romantic landscape I'd ever seen.''
This was the seventh expedition that Baker, a Tibet scholar living in Katmandu, led into the Himalayas in search of the mythic falls.
In addition to Storm, a book and game dealer turned explorer, and Harvey, a National Geographic photographer, the team included another scholar, Hamid Sardar, of Cambridge, Mass.; two Tibetan hunters; a Sherpa guide, and eight porters -- though Baker, Storm and Harvey were the only ones to make the demanding descent to the gorge and falls.
Among other things, their discovery proves that two great rivers of Asia -- the Tsangpo that runs completely across Tibet and the mighty Brahmaputra that runs through the Indian state of Assam and Bangladesh to the Bay of Bengal -- are connected.
Reminiscent of the fabled ''source of the Nile'' that English explorers Richard Burton and John Speke raced each other to find in the middle of the 19th Century -- both making controversial claims to have found it first -- the Tsangpo falls and gorge proved so far beyond explorers' reach they were declared nonexistent...

www.onlineathens.com...

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by slave]

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by slave]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
That is the problem with archaeology, oh and one other thing, massive earth changes in earths very long history have burried the evidence you so desire way down there. Increasingly archeology is not only being proven wrong daily but its very premise that if I dig down 20 feet into the ground at any location on earth will reveal all human activity since the dawn of walking man is pure non-sense.

...and you know this about archaeology because of HOW many courses you've taken and how many digs you've been on?

October is Archaeology month, and nearly every state has digs where they invite the public to come out and talk and work with archaeologists. You might find it a lot of fun to go to one of these next year. I'll try to remember to post the dates and web links for folks.

I think you might have quite a different view about things if you actually went to a dig, and talked to some REAL archaeologists. In fact, if you did some volunteer work with local historic museums and talked to historians and researchers and ethnographers and anthropologists and paleontologists and archaeologists you might have a very very different opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Plato was as much a 'historian' as Shakespeare was.

I only suggest you read his philosophies, including those on HOW TO TEACH before jumping to conclusions about one story.

ROFL!

So true, and thank you for that reminder. Those were, indeed, teaching stories in the classic Socratic Method. I was in such an 'argh! rant!!' mode that I totally forgot that point.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Byrd,

no offense to you but I know enough to know that your profession is suffering from two things:

1. not sufficiently open minded enough
2. masonic and secret society control

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I still think people should check out this book, it is one of the most powerful/ wonderful things you will ever come across.

You won't need to waste your time debating in forums like this anymore over the possible merits of x and o.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Over the summer, there was an article on yahoo news that was about an archeological discovery. It said that archeologists had found ruins on the shores of Crete, but below the sea line. It said that people were going to dive and examine the ruins, but I haven't heard anything about it since then.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yes there are probably papyrus scrolls under the Great Sphinx wich is probably a library there and has much information about Atlantis. I know there is a door at the foot of the Sphinx and they could probably get in through there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join