It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robertson: God Says Tsunami Possible For U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Source

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

"There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest," he said.

Thanks for being so specific Pat. Storms on America's coast? Ya think?

[edit on 5/18/2006 by darkelf]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

"If I heard the Lord right"

I see he's already manufactured a back door for an easy escape route. Nothing like a specific generality to keep people waiting. I'm sure he means well, but it just doesn't come out that way.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by dbates]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Not to sound offensive to anyone here, but if Pat Robertson talks to God, then I quit.

Seriously. I just quit.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
How many times has this idiot made predictions, false accusations and put his foot embarrassingly in his mouth? Pat Robertson is nothig more than one of the false prophets that Jesus warned people about. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he makes it to the entrance of the pearly gates and they turn him away.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Poor Pat is constantly getting the message wrong.

You know they say it's the hearing that's the first thing to go.

What God actually said was:

"Hey Pat, you should tell everybody in the U.S. to try the new Tsunami appetizer platter at Thank Me It's Friday's. I just had one and it's just great."

Spiderj

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Guys,

He's only saying that because we forgot to write him checks for his donation fund this month! As soon as we pay up, he'll realize that god really said "Venezuela" and not "Coastal America." Don't worry, it's just collectively about 20,000 bucks!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
How is it that most schizophranics get a gun in a clock tower and he gets a television show. I just don't understand this country.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
How is it that most schizophranics get a gun in a clock tower and he gets a television show.

No offense Jonna but how in fact do we know? I mean considering how Pat constantly gets the message wrong, it's highly possible that God actually did tell Pat to go purchase a sniper rifle and climb a clock tower; but true to form Pat heard, "Hey pat, you know what you should do dude? You should totally go out and buy some tv cameras broadcast a show and this is the best part, tell the people I'm broke! Go pluck that flock buddy"

I would think misinterpretation is highly possible at this point.

Spiderj

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Athenion...

I saw the story on CNN and specifically came here to say EXACTLY what you just said. If God talks to the likes of Pat Robertson then I'm switching sides. No question.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why doesn't Pat and his fundamentalist ilk spend their time feeding the homeless and clothing the sick like Jesus wanted them too instead of making other people's lives miserable? Why are these people a major force in American politics? You don't see a big Raelian lobby and they're probably LESS dangerous and crazy.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Athenion...

I saw the story on CNN and specifically came here to say EXACTLY what you just said. If God talks to the likes of Pat Robertson then I'm switching sides. No question.

Ya heard, he also speaks to the mayor of New Orleans! I don't think this predominantly Roman Catholic city was very pleased...

Nagin Says God Is Angry

I know nobody that I know here was very pleased.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I LOVE the responses...

I dislike Pat very much... (hate would require effort)

I can't beleive he still has even a single follower (guess it just proves how moronic some people are)

... he almost turned me off of christianity, until i realised that most Christians dont like him either...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Why are these people a major force in American politics?

Because they have their own TV show and lots of money!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

I'm hoping for you that Nagin doesn't get re-elected.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Isn't he the same guy who 'predicted' that God was angry with Disney World
for having 'Gay Days' in June and that they had better watch out for hurricanes
... but then two weeks later his HQ was nailed and leveled by a hurricane??

I think I remember that.

'The coasts will have storms' ' there MAY be a tsunami in the N.W.'
geeeeeeze ... he's been reading too many newpaper horoscopes
.. all generalities that can be easily wiggled out of. Or in his case
should I say slithered out of??

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
... he's been reading too many newpaper horoscopes

...or hanging out here at ATS!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athenion
Not to sound offensive to anyone here, but if Pat Robertson talks to God, then I quit.

Seriously. I just quit.

Athenion, I would quit if the reverse was true....

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance

Originally posted by niteboy82

I'm hoping for you that Nagin doesn't get re-elected.

Thanks, we're about to see exactly how intelligent the returned populace of New Orleans really is. I am hoping for the best, but I just don't know at this point.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Funny, maybe Robertson's been talking to FEMA, and thinks he's been talking to God. He's deluded enough to get it wrong, that's for sure. If he thinks FEMA is God, then I wonder what he thinks DHS is?

I bring in the FEMA angle because they are doing a Pacific Peril drill May 23-25 in the PNW, covering a mega-tsunami scenario.

FEMA drill

ATS thread

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Personally I hope Robertson is correct because many people in the US have nothing but contempt for Christians these days. It is about time to teach them a lesson about their sneering and laughing at things that are above them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join