It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was Lilith???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We'll find out hopefully if we get there! Wasn't it Peter who ended the kosher (food) aspect to the Christianised Jews?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
We'll find out hopefully if we get there! Wasn't it Peter who ended the kosher (food) aspect to the Christianised Jews?

Yes, God gave him a for him quite disturbing vision at Jaffa. God shows him a cloth uppon which every animal under the Sun wandered around. God says to Peter that he should eat these animals, but Peter replies that he can't for some of these animals are unclean. Then God says that "what I have called clean you must not call unclean". Peter understood this vision as meaning that now the Word of God could be "served" to the gentiles also. And that gentiles now could enter their congregations. And Paul wanted to also do off with circusission in order for it to be easier to gain followers. This however Peter opposed loudly.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Elohim when used of God, is plural intesive or what we call the Majesty pluralis... Learn your grammar before boasting out your "wisdom".

(Here we go again...)

1. ELOHIM- One of the chief names for God in the Old Testament: it is the plural form of the Hebrew "El" or "Eloah" (meaning god), and is used to denote heathen gods and spirits of the dead as well as the God of Israel. *volume 6, Encyclopedia of the Supernatural, 1970*

2. "The most common name for God, however, is the plural term Elohim, suggesting that God his majesty represents all aspects of divinity." *Reader's Digest's "ABC's of the Bible", 1991*

Learn YOUR subject matter before boasting YOUR wisdom!

With Lilith-

LILITH- "Chief of the demonesses of Jewish tradition...
It was said that Adam's first mate was not Eve but Lilith, who was formed by God out of mud and filth. Adam's offspring by her were demon...
...she flew away. Adam complained to God, who sent three angels, named Sanvi, Sansanvi and Semangelaf, to bring her back...
...and it was only after Lilith had declined to go back to Adam that God created Eve...
Lilith is the 'night hag' who lives in the wasteland with wild beasts and hyenas, in Isaiah (34.14), and she may as well be the 'terror by night' of Psalm 91" *quotes taken from volume 12, Encyclopedia of the Supernatural, 1970*

If you'd like, Mikr, I can get some more quotes and resources to back up my wisdom (especially after I had just said Elohim was plural... can't people just read what is typed?!).

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So where is Lilith supposed to be now? Is she running around the world or just in the Middle East or where?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Not sure if it was mentioned...

She retained her immortality and was believed to come awake only during the night and to feed on the blood of children and animals. She was perhaps the first vampire-like character.

As some may know, I often connect our little inquiries to movies... It may surprise some, that this idea is the foundation for a campy horror T&A fest called "Bordello of Blood" starring Dennis Miller....

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lilith was married to Frazier Crane,,,(man,am I stupid or what?,,,Just gotta beark up the monotimy)

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer

Originally posted by mikromarius

Elohim when used of God, is plural intesive or what we call the Majesty pluralis... Learn your grammar before boasting out your "wisdom".

(Here we go again...)

1. ELOHIM- One of the chief names for God in the Old Testament: it is the plural form of the Hebrew "El" or "Eloah" (meaning god), and is used to denote heathen gods and spirits of the dead as well as the God of Israel. *volume 6, Encyclopedia of the Supernatural, 1970*

2. "The most common name for God, however, is the plural term Elohim, suggesting that God his majesty represents all aspects of divinity." *Reader's Digest's "ABC's of the Bible", 1991*

Learn YOUR subject matter before boasting YOUR wisdom!

Ha? It says exactly what I said, only using other terms. Elohim when used about YHWH God (plural intensive) is a plural word due to his Majesty's Nature, he has seven Holy Spirits for instance, his mind operates on seven levels. When used about idols etc. it is not intensive, it means gods, idols etc. When used in plural intensive, this word is translated God in English translations, when it is not intensive, it is translated gods, idols etc. You always see the difference from the context.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stress
Lilith was married to Frazier Crane,,,(man,am I stupid or what?,,,Just gotta beark up the monotimy)

You're actually not so far off topic as you might think. I am willing to bet on that they chose the name Lilith deliberately due to her personality. Lilith is known as the arch-type for the indipendent, irritating ex-wife. The typical Femme Fatale. The ex-wife of mr. Crane represents this in the series.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
So where is Lilith supposed to be now? Is she running around the world or just in the Middle East or where?

She was confined to the desolate places. Desolate place or desert is used figuratively in prophecies to mean godlessness or place of godlessness. For instance Babylon sitting on the hydra headed beast in the desert surrounded by many seas, means that Babylon is controlling the world empire and it's people from a place of godlessness.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
and she wasnt to nice...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
dam Micro.,,,,,Am I good or what!!!! I am a subcomtious genious!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Lilith, so it is said, was banished to the land of Nod. Apparently, so was Caine. Perhaps these two sired vampires, being both rather cursed by God?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, White Wolf books, use this as a premise for Vampire: The Masquerade (a PnP roleplaying game....), with Cain being the first vampire....(and Lilith a Succubus if I remember correctly...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, since Lilith popped up again
Thanks for the links , by the Bandit795-

going thru these notes i scribbled* down...

the best thoughts i came across for Lilith, was that she was a metaphor for the Assyro-Babylonian Religions in that neo-lithic Age...
All men, homo-sapiens, were under the Goddess, matriach, society-religion ...
but when the YHWH, culled the Adamic branch from humanity at large...
the YHWH rules were: a Patriarchal social structure and religious structure. THEREFORE the Goddess(with women on top) was reversed/expunged/annihlated by the commands of this YHWH...and the adamic, patriarchs, of old test & torah were made to continue

not exactly sureof which url, but that synopsis is contained in one of these:

www.cjnetworks.com...

members.bellatlantic.net...

pubpages.unh.edu...

catal.arch.cam.ac.uk...

negus.uchicago.edu:1080...:8
------>(follow up at [Gen+2:9-10] )

www.clari.net...
------>(** i have a copyright notation here,) why?? idonno
~~~~+++~~~

maybe you'llfind something, maybe not...
hey, i Know that i'm a Fluke of the Universe...
but enjoying the journey

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas
the best thoughts i came across for Lilith, was that she was a metaphor for the Assyro-Babylonian Religions in that neo-lithic Age...
All men, homo-sapiens, were under the Goddess, matriach, society-religion ...
but when the YHWH, culled the Adamic branch from humanity at large...
the YHWH rules were: a Patriarchal social structure and religious structure. THEREFORE the Goddess(with women on top) was reversed/expunged/annihlated by the commands of this YHWH...and the adamic, patriarchs, of old test & torah were made to continue

Very good riffraffalunas, I think we have something here, allthough I would phrase it a little differently, saying Lilit was prophetic of the Assyro-Babylonian religion. The first thought that would most likely enter a man's head about God, would be that God is a woman, since women give birth. But without a man present a woman can only produce new women, she has no y chromosome, while man has both, his genetic material can be used to create both male and female offspring from cloning without a woman present. That is, if God hadn't taken part of man's genetic material and transfered it to the woman he created for man out of man. Part of woman's dna would probably be needed to create living human clones from a man's dna. Atleast scientific tests could indicate this. Anyone heared about what happened to those cloned children that was to be born aroun the turn of this year? Did any of them survive?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Read Genesis Carefully!

Genisis 1:27 Specifically states man and woman were created together on the Sixth day.

Then in Genesis 2:21 god decides to put Adam into a deep sleep to remove a rib in order to create Eve!

Are you seeing that there ARE two creations of woman here? Even though on Day six it doens't mention the name Lilith it is very explicit that a woman was created along Adam's side. No doubt the bible was edited to reflect only the name of Eve so us dummies wouldn't be confused.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the props
, ........have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have heard that Lilith is Satan. But if that were true then the "war" amonst Heaven where Satan fell from wouldn't be. So which is it?

Is Satan a fallen Angel .. or the first woman?

*Z*

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Lilith or not... there HAD to be at least another women than Eve to breed the first humans! I'm shocked that so much people still fail to see that Adam & Eve's childrends had no choice but to reproduce BETWEEN THEMSELVES to carry out their lineage!

So if 100% of what the book of Genesis is true, then we are all descendants of incestual relationships.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It was some years ago since I looked into this but as I recall the myth goes a little like this:

-They both were created from the earth and so were equal.
-Lilith refused to take a submissive position during sex and adam was a pig about it and asked for a replacement.
-She cracked the sh!ts and left eden
-She spoke gods REAL name and recieved his powers.
-Caused havok all over the world with them [hell hath no fury]
-God sent three arch angels to kill her.. and while she was flying over a sea they tried to drown her so they made a deal that she would have dibs to kill every first born.. unless the names of the three archangles were written by expectant parents on the wall/above the door [can't remember which one] and the babies would then be spared.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by riley]

<< 1  2   >>

join