It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times reporter Judith Miller to assert she was warned of large scale attack before 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Source

In AN ALTERNET EXCLUSIVE THURSDAY, former New York Times reporter Judy Miller tells Rory O'Connor and William Scott Malone about the story she'll regret for the rest of her life -- the fact that an anonymous White House source told her in July 2001 that an NSA intelligence report predicted a large al Qaeda attack, possibly on the continental United States, RAW STORY has learned.

So it seems everyone knew about this except for the general public. Had we known, 3000 lives would have been saved.

Judith Miller goes on to explain that her publishers wouldnt beleive the story because of the constant crying wolf problems.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Holy crap. 3,000 lives dg? That's only the tip of the iceberg. Clearly, if 9/11 had been thwarted all the lives lost in Iraq and Afghanistan (both military and civilian) could have been avoided. Will we ever get to the bottom of this?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I cry red herring...
this "admission" does nothing but support the governments version of the story.

What if the NSA had information due to the CIA guy telling them?

If the NSA admitted that it had significant info before hand, it would dissapear amongs't the various other agencies that had forewarning, and didn't do anything either...

The fact that other agencies knew something was coming and dropped the ball, is old news...

all this does is bring us back to zero...

Not to say, that this isn't true... only the timing of this info coming to light several years later is suspicious to me... (has she been living in a cave?)

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You beat me to it. I'm just not fast enough!

Well, I wouldn't be surprised, but I have to say, as Lazarus did, that I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another way of proving the official story. Either way, I'll be interested to see what she has to say, because no matter what, I believe that something was known, and something was very wrong with that day. I felt it from the moment I heard it, in fact, I thought it was a joke on the radio. I switched it off and went back to listening to Smashing Pumpkins in my car. Never felt right, and hasn't since.

We'll get to the bottom of it, I just hope we aren't 80 and blind when the truth finally comes out.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
this "admission" does nothing but support the governments version of the story.

You may be right, but there is a theory that Al Qaeda did actually do the dirty work, but that the US government was complicit. In that case, this story wouldn't necessarily support the 'official story'.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It is idiocy like this that drives the right back to defend "bushie". He is scum, but not for this.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is not new news. It was known in the intelligence community that AQ was planning something, they just were not sure of what. THey have been planning since the first WTC bombing attempt.

I give odds that she has a new book coming out in the coming months at she is beating the drums. This is worse than fear mongering in my opinion. It assists in the delcine and seperation of our country.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

I give odds that she has a new book coming out in the coming months at she is beating the drums. This is worse than fear mongering in my opinion.

Miller was telling friends that she has made a $1.2 million book deal with Simon & Schuster sometime last year. No doubt the book is or will be released real soon thus backing up your theory

[edit on 5/18/2006 by shots]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
At this point I wouldn't trust this chick if she said that she has inside information that newspaper companies are secretly impregnating our Sunday editions with coupons. She's a tool. Her time in jail was an effort to regain credibility in the wake of feeding the public absolutely everything her "handlers" in the administration gave her to "leak" without the first effort at fact checking on her part.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by chaosrain]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
One must not forget that Ms. Miller was the paramour of Mr. Libby for quite some time. While sitting in prison, she was taking a hit for the home team. But, she did much to damage her reputation because of her--ahem--tete a tete with the upper echelon of goverment.

She's damaged goods because she filed false reports in the New York Times. And she's only trying to salvage what little reputation she has left.

That's what I think, imho.

Anything Ms. Miller says is not worth the paper its printed on--unless she squeals on her former lover while he rots in prison.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It was known in the intelligence community that AQ was planning
something, they just were not sure of what.

Yep. This definately isn't news.

A large terrorist attack POSSIBLY on CONUS. Geeeze .. I could
'predict' a large comet or asteroid POSSIBLY will land on earth
at some point in the future. My prediction is as much 'news' and
as accurate as her alleged story.

I give odds that she has a new book coming out

A book and she probably wants a movie deal too.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dgtempe, I know you mean well, but I agree that this does kinda stink.

I can also see a justification for the broad snooping patterns of the NSA. Doesn't feel right. However, since you're a good gal
, I'll tell you about another of the various people who knew an attack was coming.

On his access TV show in July 2001, Alex Jones was running a thing he called Expose the Government Terrorists. On this show, he actually got on there and put up the number to the White House, telling viewers to call the White House and tell them not to carry out the planned terrorist attack.

Now, this ain't no Nostradamus spit, so I ain't saying he predicted this thing 100%. However, he mentioned previous govt sponsored terror and even referenced Bin Laden.
He also mentioned the possibility of blowing up airliners. Here's a link to that show for you, DG.

In July 2001, Alex Jones Warned of Globalist Plan to Use Bin Laden to Attack America

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I know it does stink and sorry to bring this to you. Its old news. Its tired news too.
I read so many things posted here sometimes i forget whats what.
Please forgive me.

Judith Miller was Scooters lover?
Weeeee! I didnt know that. That little penguin of a man.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Not surprised, information that advanced warning was given, comes from many sources. One of which is Mossad if I am not mistaken, I'll stand corrected if any one can prove me wrong.

Even in the past year C SPAN committees, such ones where Condi was questioned about the report that stated "Bin Laden determined to attack within US", should be enough that fore warning was abundant.

new topics

top topics

join