It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Canadian female soldier killed in combat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Update: Capt. Goddard's funeral will take place in Calgary on Friday in the same church in which she was wed. She will be buried in Ottawa at the National Military Cemetary (our Arlington) created in 2001. Of the 16 Canadians who've lost their lives in Afghani she will be the only one not to be buried in her home town.

I salute her valor,

Victor K.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Update: Captain Goddard's funeral ceremony was televised live today and was by my account quite appropriate and very moving. A great sacrifice and loss. Those with an interest may wish to see this CBC video clip at the end of the full story at this link.

Respectfully,

Victor K.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It is rainy today in Calgary. It really made the funeral that more emotional I think.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yup, I'm way bummed. It did seem very "real" or maybe "surreal". A defining moment in our history IMHO.

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The soldier's father took the opportunity to criticize Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper for his recent "Bush-esque" policy of banning media from attending repatriation ceremonies for killed Canadian soldiers:

Tim Goddard Speaks

"I find it troubling the privacy decision means keeping the press outside the wire where the bad guys are," said Tim Goddard. "I would like to think Nic died to protect our freedoms, not restrict them."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join