It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moche mummy in Peru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Just saw this & thought it was very interesting cos it sheds alot more light on the culture.

english.pravda.ru...

Don't know if it's true but these guys apparently worshipped a deity nicknamed The Decapitator, liked spiders as well.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's kind of hard to find anything about these guys but think this is a pretty good site.

www.huacas.com...

They seemed to be pretty civilised, not terribly into going out slaughtering other tribes.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepryo
Just saw this & thought it was very interesting cos it sheds alot more light on the culture.

english.pravda.ru...

Don't know if it's true but these guys apparently worshipped a deity nicknamed The Decapitator, liked spiders as well.

Well, I've gotta say I'm amazed because Pravda is a tabloid, but yes the information is basically correct. Will wonders ever cease?

And yes, they worshipped "the decapitator."
www.archaeology.org...

They had a pretty grim set of gods, there, and lots and lots of associations with death and sacrifices. Not a fun culture to live in!

Oh... tattoos were often used to mark clans, to indicate slaves, or to indicate people of unusual significance (chiefs and royalty). Usage varied depending on the area of the world.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I liked the way whenever they needed to have a bit of a rumble they apparently met with whoever & fought 1 on 1, at least you didn't have to worry about someone creeping up on you while you were fighting your opponent.

Thanks for the link, was having trouble finding anything other than holiday websites. The decapitator looks like a bit of a nasty chap, medusa type.

Actually heard about the mummy on BBC news but couldn't find it on their website at the time, should have looked harder.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Indications it was a warrior as well, or greatly respected in any case. Best looking 1500 year old I ever saw as well.

Don't know that it was all that bad a way to live, they had fun when they weren't sacrificing, were fairly sophiscated,

top topics

join