It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need suggestions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hi this is my first post and i need anyones suggestions some of my coworkers at my job r trying to get me out including the one other manager and ive tried just about everyhting to stay afloat and ahead of them now its wearing me down i enjoy my job and it pay good but i need help in trying to play at their level and see if i can get them fired or have them quit i didnt want to resort in a underhanded thing but they left me no choice it them or me and i dont want it to b me any suggestions

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Just do your job and don't let them have a change
at putting you down. Don't give them any ammo...!

Good luck...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
#1 sebastiaan is 1000% dead on - Do your job, WELL, and they wont have anything to "get" you on.

#2 I don’t know you, I don’t know where you work or who you work for, but if you are truly in a situation where everybody wants to get you fired, you need to look in the mirror a bit. My mother had a saying, it went like this:

"If everybody in the room is complaining that somebody smells, and you don’t smell it, its you"

Think about that.

#3 CYA. Learn it, live it, embrace it. Here are the ABSOLUTE key things you need to do to effective CYA:

- Keep a copy of EVERYTHING, even post-it scribbles. If its given to you and it has any kind of task or instruction on it, keep it.

- Write the date and time on everything that’s given to you. Make any notes you think you need too. "John said this needs to be done ASAP", "Frank says this is not a priority", etc. Make the notes IN FRONT OF THE PERSON WHO GAVE IT TO YOU. Tell them what you are writing on it. Give them a chance to correct you if need be. This is CRITICAL.

- Make a file for each person you interact with, keep everything that person gives you in there, EVERYTHING. Make file like this on your PC as well to store online documents for each person as well. I have an Outlook file for everybody who sends me email. I don’t delete emails for two months! I print anything critical and file it with notes.

- Write what action you performed on each and every document and the date/time you did it on. NEVER fail to do this; this is the backbone to CYA!

- Use Outlook to create Tasks for reminders. It will make a pop up right on your screen when something is due. Super helpful when the "man" is out to get you, it will seem like you never forget a thing! Outlook is your friend.

- Come in early. It doesn’t need to be hours and hours, but it does have to be BEFORE your boss. Don’t stay late as a rule, come in early instead. Most bosses and executives come in early, they don’t stay late. Only work when somebody is there to see you. And the value of your boss walking in with his keys in hand seeing you already hard at work is immeasurable.

- I don’t know what your dress code is, but always dress slightly better than the minimum. For example, I can wear jeans and sneakers, but I wear Khakis and shoes.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice but it has more to do with jelousy then my performance i get paid the best and recieve alot of praise from the gm and owners but not coworkers they feel im too young and dont like the idea that they hav been here longer and havent been asked for a postion like that a fellow coworker said she had over heard two of them say they want to sabotage my carrer before it takes off any more

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Be nice. If they say $#$% you, tell them, I'm sorry if I am doing something wrong, I'll stop. Always smile and be as kind as you can, always offer help and be courteous. Give them suggestions if they need advice. Give them snacks like cookies or brownies. Most importantly-don't explode!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If things are really that bad there, why not seek employment elsewhere?

I am currently in the process of finding another job myself.

I admit my situation is not as bad as yours sounds, but my advice to you is, look elsewhere.

Mechanic 32.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I need a job, badly! I gotta make some money right before I get into the Russian military!

top topics

join