It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAW-50 Antigravity fighter jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
i saw in a previous thread somwhere somone mentioned the TAW-50 a antigravity fighter jet. i was able to find some info out here

www.apfn.net...

i was wondering if anyone knows anymore about this. is this information accurate is it a hoax or is there some truth to this.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Sorry, its a load of bull.

Why have:

The TAW-50 has a SCRAM (supersonic ramjet) propulsion system
for passing through the outer atmosphere.

If you can:

The contractor noted, "Those [electro-] gravitics allow it to
change its mass to almost nothing in a moment, and reverse
direction in a second, increase its acceleration to so many
times G [Earth's gravity] it's not funny, yet they are able
to nearly nullify the G-force on the pilots. They [the
electrogravitics] are fourth generation, with the ability to
bring it to a complete standstill in under 2 milliseconds,
if need be, without crushing the pilots, and keep it there
for quite some time."

The writer has heard a few buzz-words and out bull___ted him/herself there.

Besides, there are no "pure science" technical papers that I'm aware of that discuss the manipulation of gravity. Usually you'd find something in that domain, the secret stuff would come slightly later, when applications and the actual machines are being developed.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
We puny humans aren't even fully sure of what gravity is and how it works so I have serious doubts that we could control in such advanced ways without knowing exactly how to do so in the first place.

Nice try, but the article is just wonky.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's a curvature in spacetime produced by objects with mass.

Unless you want to violate some serious laws of physics, there's no conceivable way to have an antigravity propulsion system anytime soon.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
kilcoo makes a good point, but there was another portion that stood out to me.

it can dive straight down through the
atmosphere at over 38,000 miles per hour on an 80-degree
attack vector

The temperatures that would be generated in a maneuver like this would require a heat shield stronger than anything we currently have. The current record for re-entry speed is just under 29,000 mph, and that was the recent Stardust aircraft which is about the size of a average office desk and re-entered at way less than 80 degrees.

Not to mention that current heat sheild designs aren't even close to having the multiple re-uses that are mentioned in this articke.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gtpilot
The temperatures that would be generated in a maneuver like this would require a heat shield stronger than anything we currently have. The current record for re-entry speed is just under 29,000 mph, and that was the recent Stardust aircraft which is about the size of a average office desk and re-entered at way less than 80 degrees.

Not to mention that current heat sheild designs aren't even close to having the multiple re-uses that are mentioned in this articke.

I would guess that atmospheric friction would not be factor. An "anti-gravity" powered craft uses an electro-magnetic field. This field keeps the air molecules from striking the surface of the craft. Think super-cavitating torpedoes.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The contractor notes, "It's far too fast for tracking radars.
" And, he adds, what military aims its radars straight up?

Apparently someone doesn't know how radar works, it's actually fun to read this stuff to just laugh your arse off at someone who doesn't know anything.

Aside from that, this guy has to be the least credible source I've ever seen, take a look at how poorly created his website is, and what not. Jeez, my girlfriend lives in the same city, as a little boy with a deep imagination, maybe I should get her out of there sooner than I was going to originally if there's idiots like this running around.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Anyone take former head of Lockheed Martin Skunk Works Ben Rich seriously when just before his death he said "We already have the technology to travel among the stars"?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

parrallel thread

justin

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
Anyone take former head of Lockheed Martin Skunk Works Ben Rich seriously when just before his death he said "We already have the technology to travel among the stars"?

I think he was like Phillip Corso and wanted to sell some books.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I found an interresting site about this issue

Quote from site:
I saw this UFO-copycat antigravity craft in test flight at Area 51 in 1992. Its metallic airframe in flight is obscured by an intense bluish-white light, which pulsates off and on at about two-second intervals. During the phase where the intense light is off, the craft frame disappears from optical view, (and NOT just because its light was off), then reappears several hundred yards distant horizontally in the lit mode.
Does that mean that this craft travels by small jumps through hyper-space? Gravity does bend space-time.

Look Here!
Picture... scroll down on it

[edit on 22-5-2006 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
anti gravity HELICOPTER!!! How pointless is that!

I can see it now; "we have perfected this anti gravity vehicle so now we will just add a complex mechanical rotor to it in order to add noise and vibration "

Also, how come it uses the back end of Thunderbird 1 ?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I can see my "why Aurora dosn't exist" essay getting dusted off

top topics

join